How do I know I'm using my "Mind's Eye"?

Nachtara

I'm just starting out with tulpaforcing. I've had, for a long time, what could be considered just an "imaginary friend". I stumbled upon this yesterday, and I've been thinking I could probably tulpize it. I read a few guides, and they all suggest using a wonderland when you're starting. They also say to use your "mind's eye" instead of "projecting it onto your eyelids". Last night, I waited for it to get quiet, and then I tried meditating and thinking of the feelings I had when reading a guide to a wonderland. (For example, "You are sitting on grass. It's a nice day with a light breeze. Feel the wind blow through your hair. Reach down and touch the grass beneath you, run your hand through it." etc) I couldn't really feel that, though. Am I doing something wrong? Should I start out with something simpler and add stuff to it, like a plain black box, then imagine a light source, etc? Also, if I've had an "imaginary friend", would it be easier or harder than normal to tulpize it, since I've been happily puppeting/kinda parroting it? (Sometimes I feel like "ehrmahgerd why did i think that so quickly" when 'talking' to it)

You're not doing anything wrong. You've just started with it, it is pretty normal to not feel anything about it. Regulary it will take some time before you can really "feel" something about your tulpa or the wonderland. And even then there are better and worse days of doing so.

"mind's eye" instead of "projecting it onto your eyelids" & "use a wonderland" are honestly subjective opinions and recommandations, which may be easier for starters. Personally i never used a wonderland to start with. Your "mind's eye" refers here to what you can imagine with closed eyes mainly, while the other option is to project the appearance of your tulpa directly into your regular view. Do what is more comfortable for you. It wil get easier with practice.

" Also, if I've had an "imaginary friend", would it be easier or harder than normal to tulpize it, since I've been happily puppeting/kinda parroting it? "

Both. You will have an easier time to visualize it, you already know a lot about your imaginary friend, but at the same time it will be harder for you to spot progress, to figure out when it has really become a tulpa.

"(Sometimes I feel like "ehrmahgerd why did i think that so quickly" when 'talking' to it) "

A lot of guides don't really explain this: Especially in the beginning the thoughts of your tulpa are very similiar to your own. So you will end up a lot with:

1. Situations where you can't tell if it was your thought or a thought from your tulpa

2. Situations in which you know a splitsecond what your tulpa is going to say, before it starts to talk.

Keep doing what you're already do and read some more guides to get a better overview and understanding. No guide is perfect and every tulpa development is pretty unique after all.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

The guides I've read all imply speaking's kind of an overnight change. They don't speak for days/weeks/months/etc. then suddenly they say something. What should I do with that information?

The guides I've read all imply speaking's kind of an overnight change. They don't speak for days/weeks/months/etc. then suddenly they say something. What should I do with that information?

This simply isn't the case most of the time. It is pretty rare that your tulpa will be quiet and that start to talk perfectly to you, in a real "alien" way out of nowhere. It is rather a developing progress with the tulpa voice getting more and more distinct from your own.

Surely it isn't impossible, but it would take a lot of time before your tulpa would start to talk that way. You would silence other attempts of communicating with you, because you take them as your own. You can ask a lot of people here about that.

I read similiar guides myself, and it took me quite some time to dig deep enough through the page to get the information about this development. It is simply misleading, if you ask me.

So where should I start, then? I assume he's already trying to communicate, from the strange thoughts and "why did i think that so fast" feelings. It seems like I'm still puppeting it, though.

Guest Anonymous

My gut feeling is you are worrying about it too much. From what I have read on the forum threads, that is a normal stage or phase of tulpa creation (to have some doubts and "parrotnoia"). :-) I puppeted and parroted the hell out of an imaginary friend/day dream star for years, and still ended up with a thoughtform (tulpa?). In fact, I have written a lot about how I still day dream and puppet her form constantly. Yet, she still managed to get traits of autonomy (flash visions, surprising mind voice sentences, emotional responses and dreams). From what I have observed and read, a leap of faith seems to come along at some point. When you are able to suppress doubts and just go with it, things will eventually start to happen that will astonish you.

Also I see only benefits in having an imaginary friend that wants to be a tulpa. You have already done the early work on form and personality and becoming familiar with those.

I still feel I can't exactly just leap in blindly, but I have to take it with a pound of salt. It's hard to get past the skepticism. Common feelings for me include "can i really do it", "is this just baloney", and "i think i may have done something but maybe that's just me"

So where should I start, then? I assume he's already trying to communicate, from the strange thoughts and "why did i think that so fast" feelings. It seems like I'm still puppeting it, though.

You could be right with that, there is no way to really tell if he is the one answering or you're the one puppeting him at this moment. You won't be able to really tell the difference in this development stage.

The general advice people give about this is the following:

1. There is no thing as "accidently puppeting". If you don't think it up actively yourself, it is your tulpa.

2. Assume that everything you receive this way is coming from your tulpa, even when it's probably not.

Since you describe strange feelings and you get fast answers, it is very likely that your tulpa is already communicating with you. So my personal advice would be the following: Keep it up they way you do now, and let it develop further over time. Don't try to active put words into the mouth of your tulpa (which would be real puppeting a.k.a. parroting), rather let "your brain" answer it with the "how did i answer so fast" way, but don't think too much about.

When you try to listen to your tulpa, don't focus just on his voice, try to focus on your whole tulpa instead, everything about it.

I want to add that creating a tulpa is rather a marathon, not a sprint, though. Expect to invest a lot of time.

I still feel I can't exactly just leap in blindly, but I have to take it with a pound of salt. It's hard to get past the skepticism. Common feelings for me include "can i really do it", "is this just baloney", and "i think i may have done something but maybe that's just me"

Doubt is the most common and obstructive problem with all this. Nobody of us is free of it.

Guest Anonymous

My own personal "solution" to doubt the realness or autonomy of my Melian was that I consider her to be a product of my imagination, but still regard her as a person. Totally illogical and seemingly contradictory, but it worked for me. Since your tulpa is already an imaginary friend, I am sure you have feelings about that. In other words, it didn't matter if that voice I heard was me or her, because ultimately Melian is me or part of me. All that matters is that I get to enjoy having her in my mind. It's up to me what I attribute or associate with Melian. A lot of the time it is flat out obvious it is Melian. Other times, I simply decide to associate something with her. She rarely argues about it. In my controversial opinion, there is a lot of make believe and wishful thinking and desire involved in tulpamancy. <-- controversial nonstandard opinion

Guest Anonymous

About doubt... well, for Rina and me it's simple.

a) I asked her to surprise me, and while I thought it failed, she later made me dream completely weird and nonsensical stuff that I wouldn't have thought of.

b1) I can't control her, and I was never able to. But we're far from the norm, so that's not helpful at all, I guess...

b2) Which also means she surprises me all the time. What she says, where she walks around, stuff like that.

Greets,

AG