(OLD) Tulpa Do/Don't List

Been trying for a while with a red crayon, but still... all I see is the back of my eyelids. Maybe I'm expecting to much. How is it supposed to look? Should I be seeing a clear image of a red crayon when I close my eyes?

I was looking at "JD’s Guide to Visualization"(https://community.tulpa.info/thread-visualization-jd-s-guide-to-visualization), but I don't under stand what my "mind's eye" is.

I'm really starting to worry that maybe all of this stuff is impossible for me to do.

It should be similiar to when you're starting to dream, normally you should be able to imagine things. Have you really never had a daydream? If you try to remember things you've experienced in your past, how do you remember them? Do you have pictures in your mind, let's say, about a birthday party of you or something like that? If not, in which way do you remember things like that? And do you remember your dreams in detail, can you tell how things were looking while you were dreaming?

It could get really problematic if you're missing the ability to recall information that way. In the best case you're just focussing in the wrong direction, so I really need to know how you experience things like that.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make it sound like you can go "I want my wonderland to be THIS!" And "POOF!" you can visualize and see it in your mind.

I decided to make my wonderland an Island, with tall grass everywhere except for a gravel path that leads to the center of the island, which had a tall palm tree. (Sorry, I kinda stole your idea.)

But I tried visualizing it for about 30 minuets last night and 30 minuets this morning, but all I see is blackness. I tried imagining walking on the path, tried "felling the wind", tried to 'hear the gravel" under my feat as I "walked". But I didn't see/hear/feel ANYTHING at all.

Then I tried just visualizing my tulpa for about the same time (eyes closed AND eyes open), but still: nothing.

How on earth do you guys see anything? What am I doing wrong? Why can't I see stuff like you guys can?

Oh, that's a very different situation than what I thought you were in. You need more practice visualizing. This sort of stuff comes more naturally to some people than others; there have actually been studies on it. Visualization is a still that can be applied extensively outside of tulpamancy, and for some people they already have, which has unintentionally trained their minds for visualization before they even knew it was a thing. Like any skill, it takes practice. I've had to deal with designing things I would later build, and with stuff in math about graphs involving imagining how they look without plugging them into a graphing program, both of which probably helped me be better at visualization.

Here are some old posts of mine that might help you get an idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

This is what you were experiencing. Wait. Imagine a box. Imagine the box opening. Imagine that there's a carrot inside the box.

Now answer this: Did you see the box? No. Did you visualize the box? Yes.

Imagine a box. Now imagine the box opening. Imagine there's a carrot in the box. Now go off and do something else. After a while, imagine the carrot again. Make it the exact same carrot. Rinse and repeat.

Now do this with an imaginary location. Bam, wonderland.

This is what you were experiencing. Wait. Imagine a box. Imagine the box opening. Imagine that there's a carrot inside the box.

Now answer this: Did you see the box? No. Did you visualize the box? Yes.

So, are seeing and image in my mind and visualizing something in my mind 2 different things?

So technically I don't have to actually "see" something in my mind for it to be "visualizing"? Or am I misunderstanding standing what your saying?

And when you say:

Now go off and do something else.

Do you mean do something else in real life? Or IMAGINE yourself doing something else?

Host: Josh (AKA ThatOneWeirdGuy)

Tulpa: Benjamin (Humanoid Bunny) (In the making)

Ben's Journal/Progress Report

When I said "see", I meant light hitting the cones and rods in your eyes and images getting sent to your brain. When I said "do something else", I meant in real life, like eating a sandwich or something.

PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF MY SANITY AND YOUR GUY'S SANITY: PLEASE TELL ME I UNDERSTAND NOW.

Dose visualization works like this: I see a picture online. Later, I'm thinking about how It looks. I don't ACTUALLY see it , but I can "see" it (notice the quotes) in my mind.

Or: I see a video, later I I "replay" it in my mind.

Is that how I visualize my tulpa?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TELL ME THIS IS RIGHT.

Host: Josh (AKA ThatOneWeirdGuy)

Tulpa: Benjamin (Humanoid Bunny) (In the making)

Ben's Journal/Progress Report

PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF MY SANITY AND YOUR GUY'S SANITY: PLEASE TELL ME I UNDERSTAND NOW.

Dose visualization works like this: I see a picture online. Later, I'm thinking about how It looks. I don't ACTUALLY see it , but I can "see" it (notice the quotes) in my mind.

Or: I see a video, later I I "replay" it in my mind.

Is that how I visualize my tulpa?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TELL ME THIS IS RIGHT.

Yes, you got it.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.