POLL: Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?

glitchthe3rd

Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?

• Yes, stop cheating you criminal scum
    • No, it's not cheating

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like your choices as you imply that cheating like that is somehow bad. I think it's cheating, but it's a legitimate form of cheating.

Someone with perfect memory has an advantage over someone without perfect memory, but that advantage can be evened by allowing them to access third party resources (Internet, books).

Consider the case of someone writing down 3 pages of notes of things they can't quite perfectly remember, for example, for a test that requires a lot of rote memorization. Having a tulpa would mean you don't require those notes, which if you were to use, could be considered as cheating by the teaching staff.

Answer: Yes, but it's not something anyone could disapprove of. Better allow everyone to argument their memory using third party devices to even the playing field.

Having a tulpa would mean you don't require those notes

Assuming the tulpa will help you. This thread gave me the idea of using a tulpa to count cards.

I wouldn't think so. It's still your brain, just another consciousness from your brain.

Hell, one of the motivating factors for my creating a tulpa is so she can help me during tests and shit, especially math. But like Lulu said, assuming she's willing to assist

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration

Some people like who?

I wouldn't say it was cheating. Since you're using it to make yourself remember I'd say it's practically learning.

Guest Anonymous

It's part of your brain/(sub)conciousness. It accesses your memories. It would be interesting to see if someone with a tulpa started developing a whole new section of their brain, but regardless, if it is considered cheating, then you'd have to label people with Schiz, Multi Persona, Bipolar and whatever mental illness under the sun that causes you to communicate with people inside your mind.

Way I see it, you might as well call the use of any unusual learning techniques (such as a memory palace) "cheating".

Why, exactly, are you expected to learn "honestly" for exams? Well, to make sure that you have the knowledge recorded in your brain, so that you can act on it without consulting external help. Well, if your tulpa knows these things and is willing to share them with you, then it's practically as good as having the knowledge in your memory.

Creating a tulpa takes as much or more effort and mental strain as learning stuff "honestly", so it's not like you're being lazy.

You are not getting help from anything outside of your body so I would say no.

Better question would be: Why should you even care?

So?

Most of stuff you learn you are not going to need in life anyway and if you happen to need that particular knowledge you can always ask your tupla.