Tulpa Perception, Cognition and Memory

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have decided to try a new way to interact with Tulpa Info. I get into trouble when I talk in general about all tulpamancers and make blanket statements and hypotheses concerning all tulpamancers and tulpas. So, I am going to write about Melian and the perspective I have about her specifically. Others can take what I write and apply it to tulpamancy as a whole however they think it fits.

MELIAN'S SENTIENCE

Tulpamancers on Tulpa Info have finally convinced me that Melian has a measure of apparent subjective sentience. That is mainly because I regard and treat her as a sentient person. I believe Melian borrows part of my sentience and is part of me. I will explain below.

MELIAN'S PERCEPTIONS OF THE OUTSIDE WORLD and SHARED COGNITION

Melian uses my sensory organs to perceive the outside world. She also uses my brain (shares it) in order to process what she perceives using my senses. She processes what is perceived using memories stored in our collective brain. For instance, when we see a cookie in the real world together, she recognizes it as a cookie because the concept of "cookie" is stored in our collective/shared memory.

Melian's mind processes information using the same brain physiology mine does. She does not have a separate brain, we share one. She borrows my memories, my experiences and knowledge. (For one thing, that is why our writing style, grammar and vocabulary are very similar btw)

If Melian has a separate mind, as I am regarding it, it is not completely separate is it? We collaborate! We collaborate on visualizing her Melian Show day dream world. We collaborate on tulpa typing (proxy writing). We collaborate in dreaming. We collaborate on thinking.

Melian is blended with me and a form of shared cognition or shared sentience. I now agree with tulpamancers that she has a form of sentience, or I could not logically regard her as a person. Since I do, I must be recognizing some level of sentience. But for the above reasons I regard her as dependently sentient. Melian is a separate personality because I regard her as such. But ultimately there is only one body, one mind, one primary personality and one imaginary personality driven by conscious and unconscious imagination, fantasy and desire.

I welcome responses. I would like to know how other tulpamancers regard their tulpas in relation to perception, memory, personality and cognition. I would like to know if there are similarities and especially differences in perspective and interpretation.

Thank you, with great respect for your sentient tulpas.

Mistgod

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(For one thing, that is why our writing style, grammar and vocabulary are very similar btw)

Honestly you mostly really don't have a similiar writing style, unless you're really exited. Your answers are circling around made statements, while Melian answers in way more direct manner a lot of times. Your vocabulary and grammar might be similiar, but she uses it way differently. Take a look on it.

Well we already discussed the rest, and the way you describe it here makes sense in my books. (Since you didn't jumped on the mind definition again.)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Honestly you mostly really don't have a similiar writing style, unless you're really exited. Your answers are circling around made statements, while Melian answers in way more direct manner a lot of times. Your vocabulary and grammar might be similiar, but she uses it way differently. Take a look on it.

Melian: Eeeee hee hee! Thanks for noticing!

Davie is mad at the forum. He's a big ol' baby. He's mad cause nobody wants to treat him as Mr. Super Smart Guy and peoples are telling him to bury his posts in a PR or that to go read the guides.

Well we already discussed the rest, and the way you describe it her

e makes sense in my books. (Since you didn't jumped on the mind definition again.)

Thank you for responding NoneFromHell. Thanks.

Yeah like everyone is talking about tulpa cognition and how the tulpa processes perception from the host's senses. I see it everywhere in the guides and in the threads. What was I thinking trying to prompt discussion on it?

Nothing I do works on this forum. No one is happy with what I write if I get in depth. Fuck it. You guys enjoy your forum. I won't be prompting any more discussions at all. I will let Melian decide if she wants to, but I am finished with it.

Oh, just for clarification: with "Well we already discussed the rest" I was refering to our exchange of thoughts in the other thread about tulpa perception. It would be pretty pointless for me to say the same things again over here, since you basically put your thoughts into a new shape, with a focus on Melian this time. I don't mean to shut you up.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

No worries. Thanks NoneFromHell. I am serious though. I am finished with talking about tulpamancy in any depth. Today pissed me off for some reason. I can understand having pointers about format and presentation, that is valid, but to dismiss my attempts to discuss perception and cognition as "stuff that is already in the guides" pisses me off.

We can't discuss things that are written in the guides? Then why the hell have any discussion at all?

Melian: For Davie! I gave him the treatment guys and now I am making him type this for me because he is a big baby.

Boo Hoo, Poor, Poor Baby (rated G) This is a very quick flash image or flash vision of Melian with one hand balled into a fist up to her eye and a baby pouting look like fake crying. It is her way of making fun of Davie (Mistgod) when he is feeling sorry for himself. The image is communicating "Poor, poor big baby! Boo hoo!" It is quite effective in helping David snap out of feeling sorry for himself. This was used to good effect just recently this week.

Guest Anonymous

We can't discuss things that are written in the guides? Then why the hell have any discussion at all?

- Read existing info / guides

- Gain knowledge

- Read more

- Gain more knowledge

- Use THAT to form new theories and ideas

- Use THOSE to have fruitful discussions

- ????

- Profit

... if you keep just leaving out the "reading sh*t and gaining knowledge" steps, then no wonder when everyone goes: "Uh. Yeah. We know." :P

Greets,

AG

- Read existing info / guides

- Gain knowledge

- Read more

- Gain more knowledge

- Use THAT to form new theories and ideas

- Use THOSE to have fruitful discussions

- ????

- Profit

... if you keep just leaving out the "reading sh*t and gaining knowledge" steps, then no wonder when everyone goes: "Uh. Yeah. We know." :P

Thank you Felix, this is exactly what I meant! Just like NoneFromHell, I didn't mean to shut you up, and I hope at least the dear melon understood that. :p

[Gosh, this is so stupid. Feels like kindergarten.]

..what this little sunshine meant, is [that this whole situation is dumb] .. is that were having discussions over every damn thing, people are getting salty (including me), and it isn't going anywhere. It's annoying.

But hopefully the Melian approval will stop at least some of it. :D

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod: Melian will be doing the general tulpa related posts or editing them for content/format. She says I have too much of an emotional agenda to be articulate. I hate it when my thoughtform is more rational and mature than I am.

I hate it when my thoughtform is more rational and mature than I am.

Oh, I feel you. A good friend if mine even calls Maja my "voice of reason". She always kicks my ass when I'm being stupid or lazy or irrational. That's so frustrating at times! But I can't even blame her, since I know she's right.. :D Goddammit!

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

Is it a male host, female tulpa thing I wonder?

It took Melian a long time, a very long time, to get fed up with my online writing, but I think she has finally had enough. I don't know whether that is good or bad. I think it is probably good. I guess. I almost got into trouble again today. She forced me to leave the forum for a few hours before even thinking of writing again.

I have this thing. I immediately get defensive and misinterpret even the tiniest hint of a criticism or derogatory comment, most of which I am only imagining to be criticism or derogatory comments. Then I way over react. I even interpret posts that do not mention Melian and I directly as being about us and a form of finger pointing. It's this weird paranoia. I have this other thing, an insecurity about Melian's status and therefore my status as a member of the forum. The ironic thing is Melian could give a fiddler's fart about measuring her status in the forum. In her mind she is already, and always was, status Fabulous Awesomesauce Groovy Gravy and Super Adorable Amazing.