My mind never shuts up

T-Storm

Ok, every one's mind probably never shuts up because all day we are constantly thinking. But every time I really try to sit down and focus on White, especially if I take a visit to the wonderland, it's like the levees of my mind broke and all kinds of random thoughts come pouring in making it hard if not impossible to focus on White or anything else. I notice this happens constantly through the day whether or not I'm paying attention. And also like I said in my PR when I'm daydreaming myself to sleep until random thoughts tear apart the dream and I lose conscienceness and fall into a basic night dream. I do meditate at least 10 minutes a day, usually more. What I mean by meditate is I go to the wonderland and just play around. My current problem is there are so many thoughts I barely have enough concentration to stay in the wonderland, much less focus on White even sometimes in the real world. Which is why lately I've just been sitting around at the house trying to let the thoughts pass before I play around, but I end up getting so distracted I lose my train of thought completely somewhere in the process.

Anyway, my question is does anyone have any tips/tricks/advice or whatever to stop a billion thoughts from happening all at once so I focus on my tulpa? And does this happen to anyone else when they need to focus on their tulpa?

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

You could try an app called pranayama. It's basically a meditation where you concentrate on your breath. I believe there was a post about this technique somewhere in the tips and tricks section of the site.

Basically you sit with your back straight, close your eyes, and concentrate on your breath. The good thing about the app is that it helps you control your breathing so it becomes regular and deep. Even if you do have intrusive thoughts, just acknowledge them, don't waste too much time on them, and shift your attention back on your breathing. You can do it for just 5 minutes before going into your wonderland, or even better meditate with your tulpa. Imagine them sitting with you and meditating with you, it can be a good experience.

And don't worry many people have trouble shutting up their brains, I have intrusive thoughts too during forcing time, but what I do is concentrate on my tulpa, or just stop for a moment before continuing forcing, as it can get tiring for new tulpamancers.

Definitely check the tips and tricks part of the site as it can help you with any problems you might have tulpaforcing. Also they might explain things better than I do and there are many other ways to solve a problem. Also I'm a newby, so I might not be very educated on the subject matter, but I found these things very helpful.

Happens to me all the time!

What helps me is meditation. Not "playing around in wonderland"-meditation, but "concentrate on breathing"-meditation (goddammit, where are my english skills at). Sit down, close your eyes, and breathe. Slow, deep breaths. Feel the air flow through your body, in and out, in and out.

Whenever I notice that I'm losing focus (probably like every 10 seconds), I just accept it and remind myself to focus on breathing again. It gets easier over time, and it really helps slowing down my brain.

Also, I'd recommend you to listen to those shamanic drums. No idea what exactly it's called in english, but I'm sure you'll find something through Google. Just listen to them with headphones for like half an hour, and you'll probably feel much calmer! It always puts me in a trance like state, and I even managed to get some really vivid closed eye visions from it - it works amazingly for me!

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

I understand this entirely. I often call this my "mental storm", as my thoughts can be all over the place. I am always thinking, and this makes it hard to focus with all the random thoughts. I overthink and analyze everything far more than I need or want to. This has its uses, but it is often more stressful than helpful.

For me what's helped somewhat is desired change. Awareness helps, and I take steps to shift my personality/cognition away from that to a more focused, relaxed one. Reading, just sitting down and thinking about one thing, or finding an activity that requires all of your attention can all help. When you're aware you're losing focus, it becomes easier to regain focus. You can meditate longer before forcing if you need to. I find it helpful to momentarily pause forcing if intrusive thoughts become a problem. If you have something of an adaptable personality like myself, becoming a calmer person certainly helps.

I don't actively force often since good opportunities are limited, so I've resorted to mostly passive forcing and narration.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.

Pranayama meditation can help you. Since I'm just now starting back up my tulpa-making process, my plan is to try for longer and longer sessions of just pure mindfulness meditation, then start on visualizing the wonderland, then getting into the actual tulpa business.

I don't know anything about an app like was already mentioned, but the process is very simple (which is the point):

1. Breathe in for a slow count of eight.
  2. Hold your breath for a slow count of eight.
  3. Exhale for a slow count of eight.
  4. Repeat.

• The goal is to have a totally blank mind.
  • If thoughts appear, acknowledge them and gently push them away.
  • If a count of eight isn't your thing, try a count of six or ten or something, but keep it a slow, consistent count.

"Mindfulness in plain English" is a useful book available for free online, but it is a lot more in-depth than anything you would need at this point.

Here's some useful information from a quick search here:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-helpful-ways-to-stay-focused?pid=17476&highlight=pranayama#pid17476

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-pre-forcing-activities?pid=29278&highlight=pranayama#pid29278

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-forcing-lucidacid%E2%80%99s-meditative-tulpaforcing-guide-for-more-productive-forcing-and-stuff?highlight=pranayama

Also googling "pranayama" should be helpful.

I found the pranayama app, I'm going to try that out and see how that works. The app I've been using is called Stop Breathe and Think (it's just a meditation app, I usually use as a timer) it has a breathing meditation which I've tried and failed at horribly, but maybe pranayama will be better. Thanks for all the advice guys.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

I don't know if it's the right thing, but I just remembered the existence of this song:

It was designed by audio engineers to put people to sleep (they even say don't drive with it playing due to potential danger), but I imagine that its relaxing attributes could help with this sort of situation too. It uses a consistent beat at a slow interval, much like isochronic tones (shoutout to Fede) in the delta or theta region or whatever, plus a rhythm that intentionally avoids patterns so your brain doesn't try to predict how the song will sound in the imminent few seconds like normal songs.

I did discover something funny today.

Maja and I were on-off-fighting for the past few days. Eventually she got sick of me saying really stupid things over and over and told me to shut up, I wasn't allowed to talk anymore, not even actively thinking. And.. well, it worked. My mind was quiet. I proxy typed for more than an hour while she was chatting with some of my friends, but it almost felt like she was in charge of my thoughts, like really really early forms of switching I guess.

Maybe you could ask White to make your chaotic thoughts stop for a while? If Maja can shut my mind up, White probably can do this too!

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Maybe you could ask White to make your chaotic thoughts stop for a while? If Maja can shut my mind up, White probably can do this too!

Ha, trying to stop his thoughts is like trying to stop the sun from shining. I can maybe help him out a little bit, but inevitably there will always be thoughts. (Trust me, I've tried it before). We've been working with the pranayama thing together, and that's helping a lot. We still have to try some of the other things mentioned.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA