Feeling Lucky/Fortunate/Privileged to Have a Tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I don't feel very lucky, as for all the things I was given, I had things taken away from me.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I wouldn't say I feel lucky, since myself and a certain headmate of mine don't really believe in "luck."

(Joss: I have an entire rant in the chamber about why luck is a stupid, meaningless concept.)

But I am happy to have them. I created them as writing tools--characters in my stories who could react naturally and effortlessly to stimuli--and never imagined that they would become what they have. Sentience was never even considered a possibility, much less a goal. So discovering multiplicity last year was something of a shock for everyone. XD

But our lives are enriched for acknowledging what we are. Healthier, too, both physically and mentally. :)

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

I feel very lucky about being one of the few to know about Tulpamancy - and the even fewer to have practiced it successfully.

It almost feels like being in some secret society, and to me having an ability barely anyone else has is pretty cool, even though it's a bit disappointing that only very few understand what you're talking about. Then again that's probably for the best.

But mostly I feel lucky because I get to have someone like Varia at my side, helping me through life and being the best friend I could possibly imagine.

I wouldn't say I feel lucky, since myself and a certain headmate of mine don't really believe in "luck."

Pretty much this, everything that ever happened was destined to happen exactly as it did. There were no other possibilities, there was no luck. It's a concept and an illusion, and it's not harmful per se but it removes people from reality a bit. Just like people who play the lottery equating 1/300,000,000 in their mind to ~ 1/100,000. It's always defended as "harmless" and "I know it's not logical, but".. But I dunno. My mind doesn't work that way.

Anyways, for the sake of this thread. Yes, I'm beyond lucky, the chance of me learning to love from my tulpas was equivalent to the chance of me being born...

hehe

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I definitely feel lucky to have a Tulpa. I can truly say that I’ve never been bored a single moment in my life, even when there was literally nothing to do than being in my mind, talking to him and having our adventures. I also never felt lonely, never ached “to be complete” by the company of someone else. Many people with an active social life are still burdened by this, so it’s a privilege to be free from this sadness. Having a Tulpa helps me being independent and centered, and encourages introspection. I would not choose to be anybody else in the world but me, and that’s a thought that makes me feel incredibly satisfied.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

I sometimes imagine scenarios where my tulpa is possessing, and being how we have very different personalities, people around me start noticing that I'm acting very different, and then they start asking me about it, but it ends up being one of those mysteries nobody knows about. But I do >:-).

I've always been grateful to have her around me. Sometimes I just take a moment to respect and treasure that. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

It's nice to see that sort of optimism.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Guest Anonymous

Yes, honestly I feel extremely lucky to have had ended up where I am today. Hybris is certainly one of the greatest people I have ever gotten to know and my closest friend. I would honestly be in the wrong to not feel priviliged about this.