Question I have

evilwu

Hello, I'm kinda new to all this Tulpa stuff but I want to create one. I have thought about it for the last two days (but non-stop I can't get it out of my mind!) so I decided to create one. I have done a lot of research and I still am, but I wanted more information from people who have already done this, and maybe even their Tulpas as well.

Information about me: I'm fifteen years old and I'm in ninth grade. I have many excellent friends (about 15, and even more online ones). About 5 people in squad (what we call our friend group) have DID (DID is formally known as multiple personality disorder). {{{{{NOTE; I will add more information later, since I don't have a lot of time right now because I'm in study hall.}}}}}

I want a Tulpa because I want a friend, companion who will always be there to help me, tell me when I'm wrong and to make me feel better when I'm down.

I know that Tulpas AREN'T tools, and they also have feelings and have thoughts, ideas, and emotions of there own. I know I will also have to help and take care of the Tulpa.

My questions (for now):

How can I tell if I have enough mental energy to create and sustain myself and the Tulpa?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm not sure if you have the right intentions to create a tulpa. Two days aren't that much for a decision that will probably influence the rest of your life. Also it feels like you're mainly fixed to the idea because you know people with DID and want to fit in, to be special yourself. I am concerned that you may regret this later on.

Your first and only question isn't really a question. It is not like you have a manabar or something like that. All you need is to be willing to spend a lot of time and effort for a long period of time. It is marathon, not a sprint and you shouldn't expect big progress jumps, while it is surely possible to make fast progress. So this is really about how serious you take it, and how fast you're giving up on things. Doubt plays a big role and will probably take the best of you at times, so you should be prepared for that.

Edit: Oh, and expect to be tired a lot, or to deal with headaches. It is pretty exhausting, especially when you just get started. Don't overdo things.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

No worries, all humans can do this according to the guides. So you should have enough "mental energy" whatever that is. :-)

I am curious though, have you been diagnosed with DID or is this a self diagnosis? Are any of the "squad" formally diagnosed with DID? The reason why I ask is that I find it disturbing when young people claim to have DID because it is apparently sophisticated or cool. It is a serious mental disorder that people in my family have been treated for. I have personal experience on how devastating it can be and it isn't usually something you lightly talk about on the internet as a way to identify yourself.

Well, that's kinda hard to say. If you're understanding of the time it takes to create one, and the responsibilities that go with it, then go for it. For a 15 year old you seem to have a pretty level headed view on the subject. However I don't know if there's any way to tell if you have the energy until you start creating.

Edit: @Mistgod I don't think he said he has it, I think just a few of his friends claim to. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Honestly I'm not sure if you have the right intentions to create a tulpa. Two days aren't that much for a decision that will probably influence the rest of your life. Also it feels like you're mainly fixed to the idea because you know people with DID and want to fit in, to be special yourself. I am concerned that you may regret this later on.

Your first and only question isn't really a question. It is not like you have a manabar or something like that. All you need is to be willing to spend a lot of time and effort for a long period of time. It is marathon, not a sprint and you shouldn't expect big progress jumps, while it is surely possible to make fast progress. So this is really about how serious you take it, and how fast you're giving up on things. Doubt plays a big role and will probably take the best of you at times, so you should be prepared for that.

Edit: Oh, and expect to be tired a lot, or to deal with headaches. It is pretty exhausting, especially when you just get started. Don't overdo things.

I understand this is a decision that will effect me for the rest of my life. And it's not that I know people with DID and want to fit in, it's not that at all. I know two days isn't much of a time to make such a decision, and I'm still doing research on the topic. That's why I posted here, to get help and understand it more. To get peoples experiences from people who actually have Tulpas.

I agree with everything said above. As a fifteen year old, many on here will probably be against your decision. If you're willing to put aside time and you believe you're mature enough, go for it.

Host: Reece

Tulpa: Milana

"Avoidance of responsibility is self-imposed." - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guest Anonymous

OH and tulpas are in no way a disorder like DID. Just thought I would say that as well. There is no dissociation, disfunction or memory loss, depression, self harm or any of the other things related to DID.

Well, that's kinda hard to say. If you're understanding of the time it takes to create one, and the responsibilities that go with it, then go for it. For a 15 year old you seem to have a pretty level headed view on the subject. However I don't know if there's any way to tell if you have the energy until you start creating.

Edit: @Mistgod I don't think he said he has it, I think just a few of his friends do. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

You are correct, a few of my friends have it but I don't.

Also another question that came to mind is:

Every since I started thinking about creating a Tulpa, and doing research on them I have had a headache. I don't know what this means...? Maybe I just have a sinus infection :)

Guest Anonymous

The fact that you mentioned that friends have DID in the same paragraph that you mentioned an interest in tulpas is what caught my attention. They are not related. That is the first thing you need to understand. One is a mental disorder and a serious illness, the other is tulpamancy. Tulpamancy is not DID or in any way related to mental disorders. NOT.

The fact that you mentioned that friends have DID in the same paragraph that you mentioned an interest in tulpas is what caught my attention. They are not related. That is the first thing you need to understand. One is a mental disorder and a serious illness, the other is tulpamancy. Tulpamancy is not DID or in any way related to mental disorders. NOT.

I understand that Tulpas and DID are very different things. I mentioned that as some information about myself and my friends.

I have talked with my friends about this, to get there opinions and what they would think of me during and after I create one (if I create one).