Question I have

evilwu

There's no level or limit of "mental energy" to create a tulpa, if I'm understanding your question correctly. There aren't many requirements for this sort of thing - just be willing to put in the time and effort needed to make a tulpa, and if you have any questions, the people on these forums would be happy to help you.

As for your age, if you feel like you're mature enough to get into this, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Just make sure to take time research this a bit more. Read as many threads and learn as much as you can before starting, it might end up influencing your decision.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I understand that Tulpas and DID are very different things. I mentioned that as some information about myself and my friends.

I have talked with my friends about this, to get there opinions and what they would think of me during and after I create one (if I create one).

Okay. :-) I am sorry. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion there with that.

I think you are old enough to start a tulpa if you are willing to dedicate enough time and commitment to it.

There's no level or limit of "mental energy" to create a tulpa, if I'm understanding your question correctly. There aren't many requirements for this sort of thing - just be willing to put in the time and effort needed to make a tulpa, and if you have any questions, the people on these forums would be happy to help you.

As for your age, if you feel like you're mature enough to get into this, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Just make sure to take time research this a bit more. Read as many threads and learn as much as you can before starting, it might end up influencing your decision.

I'm willing to put as much time and energy into this as needed.

I kind of get what your saying about maturity, but can you describe what "level" of maturity your talking about?

Okay. :-) I am sorry. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion there with that.

I think you are old enough to start a tulpa if you are willing to dedicate enough time and commitment to it.

No problem! I know you have you best intentions in mind :)

I'm willing to put as much time and energy into this as needed.

I kind of get what your saying about maturity, but can you describe what "level" of maturity your talking about?

I was just saying that you'd need to be mature enough to take this sort of thing seriously because of how greatly it'll affect your life.

Guest Anonymous

My concerns when it comes to teenagers are twofold:

1. You are still developing cognitively

2. You are still developing self esteem and self identity

Some teenagers are not emotionally ready to have their mind occupied by another personality. That is a personal opinion based on the fact that I am a trained educator working with emotionally disturbed and at risk teens for the past 14 years, include teens with DID and schizophrenia.

Many teens are very mature and ready to handle tulpamancy. But my concern is if you are having any social anxiety, then you should wait until you feel clear about who you are, and where you are going. I mean "you" in a general term of course.

My concerns when it comes to teenagers are twofold:

1. You are still developing cognitively

2. You are still developing self esteem and self identity

Some teenagers are not emotionally ready to have their mind occupied by another personality. That is a personal opinion based on the fact that I am a trained educator working with emotionally disturbed and at risk teens for the past 14 years, include teens with DID and schizophrenia.

Many teens are very mature and ready to handle tulpamancy. But my concern is if you are having any social anxiety, then you should wait until you feel clear about who you are, and where you are going. I mean "you" in a general term of course.

I really don't have any anxiety at all. Maybe a very small amount when I about to take a unit test or something, but otherwise I don't have any :).

Guest Anonymous

Okay :-)

That being said, my Melian came to me when I was about 13 years old and developed through my teen years. I was definitely emotionally disturbed and had social anxiety. So... yeah. My older self would have been telling my younger self to wait. Then my younger self would have told my older self to go jump in a lake. So, there it is. LOL

I don't really think there's a maximum level to how much energy you need, as long as some portion of said energy goes into your tulpa. So there's no point just sitting back, doing nothing, and expecting it all to happen instantly - it can the days, weeks, months, or even years (and so on, and so on...). Just remember that your tulpa will be with you for the rest of your life (unless, you know, you decide to dissipate/kill them... Hopefully you won't take the value of their life too lightly, don't think you will, but hey...). I would say... Think on it some more, to make sure you're extra sure, and don't regret it afterwards

Hello, I'm kinda new to all this Tulpa stuff but I want to create one. I have thought about it for the last two days (but non-stop I can't get it out of my mind!) so I decided to create one. I have done a lot of research and I still am, but I wanted more information from people who have already done this, and maybe even their Tulpas as well.

Information about me: I'm fifteen years old and I'm in ninth grade. I have many excellent friends (about 15, and even more online ones). About 5 people in squad (what we call our friend group) have DID (DID is formally known as multiple personality disorder). {{{{{NOTE; I will add more information later, since I don't have a lot of time right now because I'm in study hall.}}}}}

I want a Tulpa because I want a friend, companion who will always be there to help me, tell me when I'm wrong and to make me feel better when I'm down.

I know that Tulpas AREN'T tools, and they also have feelings and have thoughts, ideas, and emotions of there own. I know I will also have to help and take care of the Tulpa.

My questions (for now):

How can I tell if I have enough mental energy to create and sustain myself and the Tulpa?

>5/15 friends have DID

No they don't. It's one of the rarest mental illnesses out there. Even then, multiplicity is only given the label DID if the person is, and I quote, "distressed by the disorder or have trouble functioning in one or more major life areas because of the disorder." Plus, they need total amnesia about the events while other identities are in place.

>tulpas aren't tools

Tulpas can be tools; hell just look at the original Buddhist ideas of what tulpas were for. Things like self-discovery the kind you would get with meditation and the like, improved memory recall, etc. are legitimate reasons to make a tulpa. If anything, you should say that tulpas aren't toys, which a lot of people treat them like. Pisses me off, but whaddaya gonna do?

>humblebragging about friends

>{{{{{NOTE}}}}}

Please don't do this.

Also, "tulpa" is not a proper noun, so there is no need to capitalize it.

>mental energy

This isn't a thing, at least not related to this. It's not like this is Dragon Ball or something where each of us has ki that gets exhausted when we use brain powers. The closest thing would be getting tired after studying for a while or something. Your brain won't get tired because a tulpa is living in it.