Question I have

evilwu

Guest Anonymous

Be aware there can be effects such as mild headaches and insomnia from tulpamancy.

I have never had the headaches but others have reported mild headaches from forcing too long, but not necessarily because of the presence of a tulpa in their mind. It is more like a fatigue headache from concentrating too much. I do get eye strain from my form of "day dream forcing," which often requires me to stare out into space or at a wall for long periods while interacting with Melian. I get insomnia because my brain is too active at night. I associate it with Melian's energy and tendency to be active and talkative all night, but that may be just a symptom of an overactive mind in general.

EDIT: One tulpa culture thing is that orange juice helps with the headaches. Even if it doesn't really do anything for real, it is fun to join in on the cultural practices and beliefs, and most people like orange juice. It may have a placebo effect to help with the forcing related headaches.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concerns when it comes to teenagers are twofold:

1. You are still developing cognitively

2. You are still developing self esteem and self identity

Some teenagers are not emotionally ready to have their mind occupied by another personality. That is a personal opinion based on the fact that I am a trained educator working with emotionally disturbed and at risk teens for the past 14 years, include teens with DID and schizophrenia.

Many teens are very mature and ready to handle tulpamancy. But my concern is if you are having any social anxiety, then you should wait until you feel clear about who you are, and where you are going. I mean "you" in a general term of course.

Oh yeah, wasn't Jimmy 15 when he started? That was a trainwreck.

>5/15 friends have DID

No they don't. It's one of the rarest mental illnesses out there. Even then, multiplicity is only given the label DID if the person is, and I quote, "distressed by the disorder or have trouble functioning in one or more major life areas because of the disorder." Plus, they need total amnesia about the events while other identities are in place.

>tulpas aren't tools

Tulpas can be tools; hell just look at the original Buddhist ideas of what tulpas were for. Things like self-discovery the kind you would get with meditation and the like, improved memory recall, etc. are legitimate reasons to make a tulpa. If anything, you should say that tulpas aren't toys, which a lot of people treat them like. Pisses me off, but whaddaya gonna do?

>humblebragging about friends

>{{{{{NOTE}}}}}

Please don't do this.

Also, "tulpa" is not a proper noun, so there is no need to capitalize it.

>mental energy

This isn't a thing, at least not related to this. It's not like this is Dragon Ball or something where each of us has ki that gets exhausted when we use brain powers. The closest thing would be getting tired after studying for a while or something. Your brain won't get tired because a tulpa is living in it.

I understand this isn't a video game, this is a life altering decision that I'm going to make sooner or later. I'm still deciding, going back and fort have from yes to no. I'm still doing research on this.

Thanks for letting me know tulpas aren't a proper noun.

And I'm not going to use the tulpa as a toy, tool, or anything unethical. They are people too, using them for your amusement is wrong.

Oh yeah, wasn't Jimmy 15 when he started? That was a trainwreck.

I'm not Jimmy. I'm my own person, I have my own mind, I have done different things than jimmy. There are so many "maybes" I could list, but that would take forever ;).

Guest Anonymous

"They are people too, using them for amusement is wrong."

I use Melian for personal amusement all the time. LOL She is adorable. She also picks on me however so it is a two way street.

I was 15 when I started making a tulpa. I'm 18 now. I don't regret the decision, but I definitely think waiting would have been the smarter thing to do. As Mistgod said, the human brain is still developing at that age, even at 18. Even if you are mature for your age, you will change as you get older. It's subtle, but you'll probably be a slightly different person from who you are now, which could be your point-of-view or mindset on life.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

"Using for amusement" is different from "being amused by". Keyword "using".

Oh no, I use her. LOL Or at least I amuse myself by puppeting her form anyway. Melian does it with me sometimes, collaborating on the day dream, or reacts, but I am definitely manipulating her form for my own entertainment quite often. It is our own personal form of tulpamancy that is so wrong according to tulpamancy ethics. But we have been doing it for decades.

"Using for amusement" is different from "being amused by". Keyword "using".

As I said I WOULDN'T USE the tulpa for amusement, but I could be amused by something the tulpa does. But I wouldn't create a tulpa for anything immoral such as using it for amusement

Guest Anonymous

It isn't immoral if the tulpa likes it too. LOL

I get what you are saying though. Melian and I are weirdos in tulpa town.

We are a bad influence on new tulpamancers.

As I said I wouldn't USE the tulpa for amusement, but I could be amused by something the tulpa does. But I wouldn't create a tulpa for anything immoral such as using it for amusement

You don't need to justify yourself, we are no court. We mainly bring these things up because we're worried about it. It would be very irresponsible of us to simply give you a go without knowing what you're really about. Also you haven't asked new questions beside your first one.

It isn't immoral if the tulpa likes it too. LOL

I get what you are saying though. Melian and I are weirdos in tulpa town.

You're the weird uncle who isn't allowed at family meetings anymore :P

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.