Question I have

evilwu

It's kind of weird, though. When there are that many progress reports, how do you decide which to read?

You go through a bunch of them and decide which ones sound interesting to you.

There are a few progress reports that I follow just because of how interesting they are - Glitch's, CyberD's, Redline's - but when I wanted to find some others out of boredom, I started to sort through the threads in different ways (reply count, total views, etc). But hey, you could miss out on some pretty solid ones by doing that.

I went though every progress report. Even yours.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked out bunch of traits I want Pulse to have. (Pulse is the name I thought of for her; her is going to be my tulpa:)). However as my friend pointed out she doesn't have any flaws, she I purposely give Pulse a flaw so I need to help her (as my friend says: "Don't make it something little like she has bad nails. Give her a flaw that you cannot ignore and need to help her with.") or I shouldn't because they will develop over time? I'm not sure... plz help!

I don't think I should because she will be sentient eventually, and as all/most sentient entities have; flaws. And I shouldn't purposely flaw her.

I don't think I should because she will be sentient eventually, and as all/most sentient entities have; flaws. And i shouldn't purposely flaw her.

You don't need to give her flaws if you don't want to, especially not terrible ones.

Edit: Little flaws like getting quickly bored or mad are okay, but there is no reason to force anything that you don't want or would mean suffering for her.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

You don't need to give her flaws if you don't want to, especially not terrible ones.

I decided I'm not going to give her flaws, because she will eventually become sentient.

And gain flaws on her own as all/most sentient entities do.

Right...? Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

EDIT: just saw your edit :)

Maybe a small flaw (like 2) will help her become sentient more quickly so she can overcome them... If my logic works ;)

EDIT2: I kinda want to test my theory above :) so three small flaws are...

1) slight worrier

2) semi-quick to anger; doesn't get her way/ no one agrees with idea

3) Thinks through problems to quickly; "trigger happy"

Is it ok to tulpa force with a headache? Or should I have some OJ first (lol)

And also if I'm in a car headed home from vacation is it ok to tulpa force while the other people in the car are taking and all the "car sounds" from the car. But if I can focus enough it will be fine... right?

Is it ok to tulpa force with a headache? Or should I have some OJ first (lol)

And also if I'm in a car headed home from vacation is it ok to tulpa force while the other people in the car are taking and all the "car sounds" from the car. But if I can focus enough it will be fine... right?

Well I can tell you right now I just came home with a headache and White kept telling me to drink orange juice and now I'm fine. (ha.)

And as for tulpa forcing in a noisy car, back when I started with my tulpa I used to tulpaforce on a noisy bus and in even noiser classrooms... so I would say yes. You can basically tulpaforce anywhere. I do it almost consistently.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

Well I can tell you right now I just came home with a headache and White kept telling me to drink orange juice and now I'm fine. (ha.)

And as for tulpa forcing in a noisy car, back when I started with my tulpa I used to tulpaforce on a noisy bus and in even noiser classrooms... so I would say yes. You can basically tulpaforce anywhere. I do it almost consistently.

Ok, and never mind the tulpaforce during a headache thing :) I stated that question wrong but whatever. Lol

Forcing with a headache can work, but i wouldn't recommend it. It might get worse, so go for the OJ. lol. No need to overdo it.

You can force your tulpa wherever you're comfortable with. You might get distracted more easy with a lot of noice, but that's really up to you. You can give it a try atleast.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I picked out bunch of traits I want Pulse to have. (Pulse is the name I thought of for her; her is going to be my tulpa:)). However as my friend pointed out she doesn't have any flaws, she I purposely give Pulse a flaw so I need to help her (as my friend says: "Don't make it something little like she has bad nails. Give her a flaw that you cannot ignore and need to help her with.") or I shouldn't because they will develop over time? I'm not sure... plz help!

I don't think I should because she will be sentient eventually, and as all/most sentient entities have; flaws. And I shouldn't purposely flaw her.

I think intentionally giving tulpas flaws is a bad idea. These aren't characters in a book where you have to give them flaws to make them more "relatable", they're people. Flaws arise naturally from other personality traits. Being determined or having perseverance could mean they're stubborn. Giving someone intentional flaws is like intentionally giving someone mental illnesses. If you want to give her flaws, go ahead, but I'd really suggest that you try to find a positive spin on the flaw and put a neutral version of the trait in your list.

You could put on headphones and listen to white/brown/pink noise, or isochronic/binaural tones, or music similar to Weightless, or some combination of these.

I think intentionally giving tulpas flaws is a bad idea. These aren't characters in a book where you have to give them flaws to make them more "relatable", they're people. Flaws arise naturally from other personality traits. Being determined or having perseverance could mean they're stubborn. Giving someone intentional flaws is like intentionally giving someone mental illnesses. If you want to give her flaws, go ahead, but I'd really suggest that you try to find a positive spin on the flaw and put a neutral version of the trait in your list.

You could put on headphones and listen to white/brown/pink noise, or isochronic/binaural tones, or music similar to Weightless, or some combination of these.

Sorry I couldn't answer earlier, the wifi at the hockey game went crap lol.

Anyways I agree with that, about an two hours ago I rethought that idea, and declared it "bad". So yeh... couldn't edit that I. Earlier since the wifi went crap, but yeh...

Should I create my wonderland/dream-scape before I create my tulpa? Or does it not matter?