Are you attempting imposition? Have you achieved imposition? (2016 poll)

Guest Anonymous

Are you working on imposition or have you achieved imposition with your tulpa?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you working on imposition or have you achieved imposition with your tulpa?

• Yes, my tulpa has full imposition.
    • I am working on imposition with my tulpa and have had partial success.
    • I am working on imposition with my tulpa. No success yet.
    • I have not tried imposition with my tulpa.
    • There is no such thing as imposition. It is a fantasy.

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone, who has an imposed tulpa, tried having the tulpa cover the host's eyes or plug the ears with tulpa fingers? I would love to read what that was like! What if a tulpa loves to tickle you or poke you at inappropriate moments?

I don't want Melian imposed guys. Nope.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a beautiful derailment, so I love it of course!

I have touched on tulpa perception a bit before. It is interesting to consider these things as it relates to tulpa sentience. How much does the tulpa perceive in association with or through it's form? How is this perception achieved and how much of it is illusion? How much of the illusion is projected from the tulpa's mind and how much is projected from the host's mind? Is it a collaborative illusion?

This is another thing from really early on when a lot of the discussion was hypothetical. People thought that tulpa perception would work sort of like (although it didn't exist at the time) Google's Project Tango, where the host's senses would create an "expected" perception of everything around you, which the tulpa would sense through their imposed form. Like if you go into a room, look around, leave the room, and your tulpa would enter that room, the tulpa would see the room as you last saw it from their eyes. This discussion led to ideas for ridiculous things like flashlight or night-vision servitors where the host's visual perception would be changed to be how they would expect it to look if they had an imposed servitor/tulpa with a light source attached to them. Obviously this wouldn't be real, and if something moved since the last time you saw the room it would break the imposition, but this was all just hypothetical discussion.

Now I don't know how true this idea is, and certainly everyone's experience can have huge differences.

What if a tulpa loves to tickle you or poke you at inappropriate moments?

Alice likes to touch my butt while I am trying to shave myself and stuff like that.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Has anyone, who has an imposed tulpa, tried having the tulpa cover the host's eyes or plug the ears with tulpa fingers? I would love to read what that was like! What if a tulpa loves to tickle you or poke you at inappropriate moments?

I've tried to cover my host's eyes before, but he said that after just a few seconds he could see through me, like I'm some sort of ghost. I haven't tried to restrict his hearing yet, but I imagine that it's the same thing or there would be no change at all.

I haven't tickled or poked my host when he was around other people, but I have rested my arms on his shoulders from behind when he was in class, and he started to get a bit uncomfortable, looking behind himself occasionally.

Guest Anonymous

Alice likes to touch my butt while I am trying to shave myself and stuff like that.

That's hilarious. Must be a tulpa thing. Melian has this thing for butts too. Weird.

I've tried working on imposition, but I never had the discipline to keep up the work for more than a week. Even though I really want to do it, it's something I don't feel like doing, if that makes sense. One day...

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I think the poll is a bit misleading, because with people like me that have achieved perfect imposition in the past but struggle with it now it's hard to say which answer best represents you.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

Oh crap, I hadn't considered that as a possibility when I created the poll. I am sorry about that. Come to think of it, I have read from others that imposition ability can wax and wane. I had forgotten.

Maja and I decided she's finally getting a form, at least a temporary one, and after a while she decided she'll be an eevee. It changed to a ditto soon after, so she can morph into any pokemon, but it seems like eevee is her main form at the moment.

While laying in bed yesterday she was laying beside me as an eevee and I tried to pet her. I was able to feel the texture of her fur and her fluffy ears, which was really amazing. Then she decided it would be funny to morph into a ditto and.. slime all over my face. And yes, I felt that too. It was so disgusting! :c But eh, long story short, I guess we already nailed touch imposition without even really working on it.

Visual imposition is harder. We just went out for a walk and she morphed into a lot of different pokemon, which was really interesting to see. But it was more like feeling what she's doing again. Seeing her without seeing her. Uhm. It's.. hard to explain. But I wonder if this is normal at an early stage of imposition?

Well, tl;dr..

I am working on imposition with my tulpa and have had partial success.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

I'm putting myself in the "partial success" camp. I worked on it a long while back, then sort of got out of practice and haven't got back to it since. But when I was working on it I had 2-3 clear but very brief glimpses of her, open eye, in daylight, placed properly into what I was seeing. In terms of actual usable imposition it's useless, but it's more than enough to prove to myself that my brain is capable of doing it.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)