For hosts who switch and go into a wonderland or dissociated void

Edward

Hello, I was curious about whether other hosts that switch are aware of the body/external stimulus at all while switched and away from the body, so to speak. I personally am not unless one of my tulpas brings be to the front with them or I actively try to go there myself. I'd also like a brief description of what you do on your side of things to switch with your tulpa. I dissociate through meditation and appear in my wonderland, for reference.

No, he's not aware of anything while we're switching. We've tried a few different things with pain to see if I could get him to be aware of it, but we've yet to have any success with that, so I guess we're up there when it comes to switching at this point.

What my host does is lay down, tries to do the same thing that he'd do in WILD in that he'd try to numb up his body from staying still for so long, and then from there he'd try to connect more and more to the wonderland while getting less focused on his surroundings IRL. From this he'll end up in whatever random place in the wonderland he'd need to be, but he generally has to make sure that it's an active place so that he has more things to focus on and distract himself with, and he gets into the wonderland to the point where it's real to him. I'm doing the other thing, possessing and trying to get more in tune with the body - the more he goes into the wonderland, the easier it is for me to sense things though his body.

Guest Anonymous

Great thread! I was thinking about doing a thread like this as the responses have got to be fascinating! I think switching is probably the weirdest thing about tulpamancy of all, even weirder than possession or imposition. It is Twilight Zone level of weird to me.

No, he's not aware of anything while we're switching. We've tried a few different things with pain to see if I could get him to be aware of it, but we've yet to have any success with that, so I guess we're up there when it comes to switching at this point.

What my host does is lay down, tries to do the same thing that he'd do in WILD in that he'd try to numb up his body from staying still for so long, and then from there he'd try to connect more and more to the wonderland while getting less focused on his surroundings IRL. From this he'll end up in whatever random place in the wonderland he'd need to be, but he generally has to make sure that it's an active place so that he has more things to focus on and distract himself with, and he gets into the wonderland to the point where it's real to him. I'm doing the other thing, possessing and trying to get more in tune with the body - the more he goes into the wonderland, the easier it is for me to sense things though his body.

I see. That sounds like your host does dissociate at some point within that process, and it's interesting to me that he can do it without meditation of some sort. I'm interested in how long it takes on average for him to switch with you, as meditation has allowed me to switch fairly quickly (about 5 minutes or so). I'm asking these things to see if there's any thread between different hosts who switch different ways that I can focus on identifying. I think that by doing that there may be more to iron out when it comes to discussing switching.

it's interesting to me that he can do it without meditation of some sort

Despite it being called by a different name, "numb up his body from staying still for so long" sounds pretty close to meditation, or at least close enough to a type of it to get similar effects.

Despite it being called by a different name, "numb up his body from staying still for so long" sounds pretty close to meditation, or at least close enough to a type of it to get similar effects.

Yes, but what I was trying to get at (and probably didn't) was that I don't think the host considers it meditation. The reason I made this thread was to see how many hosts that can switch do so while thinking that they don't meditate. I believe that some form of meditation is integral to switching, but I've had some disagree in discussions I've had on the IRC, and this thread was created with the intent to either validate or invalidate my guess.

I'm interested in how long it takes on average for him to switch with you, as meditation has allowed me to switch fairly quickly (about 5 minutes or so). I'm asking these things to see if there's any thread between different hosts who switch different ways that I can focus on identifying.

It usually takes about 20-30 minutes for us to do a full switch. Sometimes it takes less time when we're tired.

The time it takes for us varies. I used to think it was just longer the longer it had been since we'd done it, but recently I had the switching equivalent of writer's block out of nowhere and it took way longer. Since we meditate before switching it's hard to give a solid amount of time it takes, but I'd estimate between five and ten minutes. But while the last time was just shortly after Tulpa Week, I couldn't keep my focus and the switching process just wouldn't happen.. I think it took like 25 minutes. That's a long time for us, considering how active they'd all been at the time.

Though there is no time estimate for when they haven't been active. Simply enough, we don't even attempt switching if they aren't thoroughly lucid. So technically if we wanted to switch, like say on the first day of Tulpa Week, the "process" takes a whole day as we work on getting them active again. That's unfortunately a common practice, as as with everything in my life, my motivation issues keep me from dedicating optimal effort towards things I care about.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Fade: We've only truly switched me out a few times. Once was a scary situation involving getting hit on the head, and I didn't experience anything at all. Steth and I completely blacked out. I don't know how long it took for Medea to switch in? I'm not even sure that time counts...

For the times we've done it intentionally and successfully (three), it takes at least half an hour, and lots of concentration - a lot different from our cofronting, which is pretty much instantaneous these days. I don't think I would call what we do to actually switch meditation. it's pretty much just putting on some music, and sitting still for a long ass time while whoever's going to front pushes me out.

Those times pass kind of like dreams to me. Like in my dreams, I have all my senses, but it feels unreal. Unlike my dreams, I'm definitely lucid and in a place that won't randomly switch up or go nuts on me. Well, not unless someone else is messing with me.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.