How do you remember your tulpa?

Mirath

Out of curiosity, I was thinking to myself earlier "I can't be the only one who has trouble remembering my tulpa".

Which then led to looking through various ideas.

After thinking about it, I thought I'd ask the wider community how they all managed this.

So, yeah, how do you go about your day, and remember your tulpa throughout that time?

EDIT: As of now, it's been more the form of suddenly having Hennessey's name pop into my head, then followed by my quiet realisation of "Oh, crap, Hennessey... Sorry about that..." And so then onto some narration before my mind wanders again back to my work

I write a small "M" on my hand sometimes, that helps. And a friend of mine changed his WhatsApp status to "Note to self: Remember your tulpa", haha.

After a while it gets a habit, but getting to that point.. ugh. I know how you feel. Had the same problem for.. idk, forever. Months. Sometimes I just gave up, only talked to Maja while laying in bed, but the more sentient she became, the easier it was to remember her. I guess the best solution is to just force more? At some point, Hennessey probably won't shut up anymore. :D

.. And I guess it helps that some friends know about her, one of my best friend is talking to her a lot, so I can't really forget her anymore.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Mainly I try to include her into every activity I'm doing, beside that I just got used to check on her every few minutes when I need to concentrate on something else. In really stressed situations I forget about her sometimes, though.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I do multiple things:

I have a journal with names listed, I have things around they asked me for, I do drawings and use them as wallpapers (Or failing that, I have reference images of their form handy), and my inner landscape is set up that I attribute certain areas attributed to certain people.

I've also had it in mind to attach other things and ideas to them, so that whenever that idea came to mind, they would as well. There's a lot you can do to remember your companion, though I think having their name around in a close by place may be one of the simplest.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

I used to have more of a problem with this myself back in the day, but I think the main reason why I never forget White these days is because for years I would always project him around me somewhere. No matter what I was doing or how distracted I became, my intention was for him to always be around somewhere. I think that contributed a lot to how strong his presence is today.

It might be a good idea to return your focus every hour, because when I started off my tulpa I was in grade school so that took up most my time and the bell would ring about every hour. So every hour I would make sure that I didn't forget about my tulpa.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

Guest Anonymous

I am almost pathologically obsessed with Melian. She fills my entire day. I have no problem remembering to think about her.

I write a M on my hand as well. For me it's just habit. Active daydreaming helps a lot too, as a detailed environment is easier to fixate on than just your tulpa in a black void. I'm sure they'll appreciate it a bit more as well.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.

Thank you Vosaiu for the links.

I used a string tied on my finger. I preferred it to marker because it reminded me both when I saw it and when I felt it when moving my hand. It also gave me an easy out when people noticed it and asked: I just said I'm trying the cliched old string-on-finger reminder and seeing if it works.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)