A Tulpa Game done right?!?!

TheCrawlingCreepypasta

Felix, i honestly thought about this too. Well, not exactly a manga or novel, but since I'm super kewl too I'd just combine them and make a visual novel. Just like this super kewl russian guy. But it's kinda hard to come up with a story that's interesting enough. If you'd like to, we could maybe write something together (whenever I'm out of this goddamn hospital)?

And uh, I agree with everyone here. Cliché creepypasta. But I'll still play it once it gets released, just to see how much this guy fucked up. :^)

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

This actually reminds me of an idea about a possible game I had yesterday. I was wondering about a game that would be essentially Myst combined with Yume Nikki. The space explored would be wide, open, and winding like Yume Nikki's, but would also have certain locks and mechanisms about it, like Myst. One idea I was particularly fond of was making the landscape in to a big "rubik's cube" sort of thing, or some other sort of similar large scale puzzle mechanism.

As well, it would have Yume Nikki's internal landscape theme, where the player wanders about their mind, running in to various things, thoughts, memories, symbols, etc. Only, unlike Yume Nikki, there would be a time limit on how much one could explore. The reason for this is that the player character isn't a hikkikomori like Madosuki is. They live their lives normally, taking care of responsibilities, and while they keep to themselves, they aren't complete shut-ins...and this is where my experiences with the phenomenon of multiplicity comes in.

When inside the mind, the player character does not have the same form as the body. In fact, the internal figure wears thick clothing and a mask to hide their identity. Certain memories, thoughts, and other such things are foreign to them, and collecting and studying these things becomes important so that this figure, which I'll call the "Stranger" can live convincingly on the outside. The Stranger's goal is not to simply live a normal, quiet life though. Their actual goal is to find the true owner of the body, who for some reason, was displaced as the "main" personality. The Stranger only sprung up when this happened, because the body needed someone to drive it, but they're driven and determined to find the "Original".

The ideas continued further after this. Things like what happens AFTER the Stranger meets the Original: Maybe having a campaign for the original, where the landscape is very different compared to how things were for the Stranger. Having it turn out that, while the Original predates the Stranger, they actually trade places somewhat often, to keep each other from getting too stressed. Having the time limit for the Original be much looser, signifying that the Original actually IS a bit of a shut-in, etc.

Thinking about it now, I'm glad I wrote all this down. It may be that I'll do something with this one day.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

This really makes me wanna do a novel or manga on the tupper subject.

(For those who don't already know - I'm working towards a career as a writer / mangaka.)

Like, seriously.

This really makes me wanna write a story about the subject that is accurate.

And that captures all sides, all ups and downs of it, properly.

Greets,

AG

The funny thing is how boring that would be. It's kind of like how the only instances of media with transgender characters right now are all "oh look how progressive I am with a trans character, oooh aaah" when in reality they're just people. I guess you could do some sort of wonderland adventures thing, but at some point you're going to have to ask yourself how is it different from Psychonauts with one person. Basically, if you're going to have a charactef have a tulpa, don't make that the focus. Don't make it a "thing", just let it happen.

Of course at that point we'd have one of the first actually accurate portrayals of a tulpa for this thread.

Guest Anonymous

The funny thing is how boring that would be. It's kind of like how the only instances of media with transgender characters right now are all "oh look how progressive I am with a trans character, oooh aaah" when in reality they're just people. I guess you could do some sort of wonderland adventures thing, but at some point you're going to have to ask yourself how is it different from Psychonauts with one person. Basically, if you're going to have a character have a tulpa, don't make that the focus. Don't make it a "thing", just let it happen.

I'd think more of a social drama.

One around a host who's torn about what to believe, if what they're doing is right or not, and whether their tupper is real or not.

While also putting in the spotlight how the people around them as well as their tulpa influence them, and how that influence from two sides influences their decision-making, their mentality and their life in general.

And on the other end of the spectrum you'd have a tulpa who's experiencing its host's struggle and mental turmoil, and that's of course another bundle of personality, mentality, opinions and so on to dissect and work through.

No reason to always rely on fantasy or action elements to lure people into reading / watching... I have nothing against fantasy or action, but using it as your only highlight is the bad writer's cheap way of masking how bland his story is. ^^

The place where truly interesting and meaningful stories take place, that isn't where the explosions and magic tricks are the flashiest.

It's usually just some random people going through their lives...

... not saying these random people can't happen to live a life full of explosions and magic, though.

Greets,

AG

words

This sounds amazing. Seriously. I'd love to play this, or read a novel with that storyline, or whatever you decide to do in the end! But please, make it happen!

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

I'm making a comic (planning phase) about lucid dreams. A couple tulpae will be seen in it :)

I just need to get the comic started D:

~Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore~