Wonderland Creation Via Daydreaming

FallFamily

Question

Submitting to Tips & Tricks

Wonderland Creation Via Daydreaming

by Tri Fall (The Triumvirate subsystem) of the Fall Family

Date: 2015-12-23

Version: 0.92.1

Original version/Other community: Tulpa.IO > Forums > Guide Submissions & Comments >

Other > Other Tips And Articles

Translations:

• Français by Tri Fall with the help of Conner (Hidden Ones system) and Rioreur.

We are going to share a small tip for creating wonderlands/innerworlds that has worked for our us and our host.

The idea is to leverage off of one's abilities to daydream. When one daydreams, one is making a world that usually isn't quite an wonderland/innerworld yet. The trick is to make it one. For some, the distinction between daydreams and visualizing a wonderland is large, but for others the difference is small and there won't be that much to do other than stabilizing it. In both cases. one essentially has to make it more permanent and get the mind to latch on to it so to speak. Psychologically, this is getting the wonderland/innerworld stored into medium or long term memory, or at least more resiliant short term memory. Note, this can be done with open eyes and/or closed eyes. For some, one is easier than the other. For some, alternating both can be helpful. For some, one is better for the larger general picture but the other is better for fine details.

The first step is to daydream a world like the one you want to make. Note that you may not be able to daydream in all senses. That is OK. Do it in what senses that you can daydream in. There is no requirement that sight/visual be one of those senses. Spend a good amount of time daydreaming there. Now, the very important thing is to make sure you commit as much of it as you possibly can to memory before you stop daydreaming.

Then, later, daydream again trying to recreate that world as best as you can from memory.

Repeat this. With each time, it will generally take less effort to recreate it. Do note that things will change a bit from what you remember. Some of those changes you will need to correct, but others can be left be. Just remember, commit the changes to memory and try to recreate them the next time you daydream the world.

Eventually, the world should hopefully latch and have some level of permanence meaning that changes carry over from one visitation to the next automatically, though new changes will arise. For example, you make a table at some point and it will be there the next time, but a day-night cycle might start spontaneously.

It can also worth trying to add other senses if desired. This can help the process tremendously as it gives you more ways to remember each detail meaning if some are forgotten, the others can be used to reconstruct it, either manually or automatically.

If you are having a particularly hard time making a daydream world, start very simple and small. Say, you might start with the interior of a small room with ambient lighting. You can work you way up and add more to the world later, or it might get added automatically at some point.

It is hard to say at which point in this process the daydream world crosses the line into being an wonderland/innerworld, but regardless of where that line is, you now have one.

Have fun.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

10 answers to this question

There's no difference in daydreaming and actual visualization to me, since either is such a poor skill of mine. But I guess this is what I did? Daydreaming and visualizing are the same thing for me, I imagine things and decide whether I'd like to keep them, when it comes to wonderland creation anyway. Not much spontaneity happens in actual wonderlanding.

Personally, I imagined something I would like to be able to build in Minecraft, since I've always been able to imagine Minecraft houses relatively well but not build them. Doesn't look anything like a Minecraft house anymore, but for someone with visualization issues, the concept of placing blocks and having pre-made materials helped the process. Once I was comfortable with the general layout I smoothed it out to be more like a "real" wonderland house. Kept the glass ceiling and staircase in two places though, they're cool.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Not a method I have tried, but I don't see anything really wrong with this suggestion. Approved for Tips and Tricks.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

There's no difference in daydreaming and actual visualization to me, since either is such a poor skill of mine.

I'm not sure if the difference is closed- vs open-eye, or not. Might be worth clarification, if it matters.

But anyway, yeah, approved for Tips.

This seems like the default way everyone makes a wonderland, at least from the way it's usually described as "think of a place and visualize yourself in it".

But it is always a good thing to concretely write down even the most obvioud amd instinctive methods, for those for whom it isn't obvious and instinctive.

There's no difference in daydreaming and actual visualization to me, since either is such a poor skill of mine. But I guess this is what I did? Daydreaming and visualizing are the same thing for me, I imagine things and decide whether I'd like to keep them, when it comes to wonderland creation anyway. Not much spontaneity happens in actual wonderlanding.

Personally, I imagined something I would like to be able to build in Minecraft, since I've always been able to imagine Minecraft houses relatively well but not build them. Doesn't look anything like a Minecraft house anymore, but for someone with visualization issues, the concept of placing blocks and having pre-made materials helped the process. Once I was comfortable with the general layout I smoothed it out to be more like a "real" wonderland house. Kept the glass ceiling and staircase in two places though, they're cool.

[Tri] This brings up a good point, actually. For some, there is little difference between daydreaming and visualization, and for others there is a larger difference. We have added some text to the second paragraph which is quoted at the end of this post.

I'm not sure if the difference is closed- vs open-eye, or not. Might be worth clarification, if it matters.

Each (visualization and daydreaming) can be closed-eye and/or open-eye. That is not the distinction. We have added a bit saying that this can be done closed-eye and/or open-eye to the end of the second paragraph. The changes to the second paragraph are put at the end of this post.

Now, that does come to the ultimate question of what is the difference between daydreaming and visualization. We aren't completely sure what the difference is, other than maybe a daydream is constructed very crudely and then often ran forward in time (events, characters, etc.) quite crudely, where as with visualization it is meant to be less crude and the focus is on solidifying it rather than running off to the next thing happening. This Tip will require further editting with regards to this question, it seems. Looks like we have some research to do.

The idea is to leverage off of one's abilities to daydream. When one daydreams, one is making a world that usually isn't quite an wonderland/innerworld yet. The trick is to make it one. For some, the distinction between daydreams and visualizing a wonderland is large, but for others the difference is small and there won't be that much to do other than stabilizing it. In both cases. one essentially has to make it more permanent and get the mind to latch on to it so to speak. Psychologically, this is getting the wonderland/innerworld stored into medium or long term memory, or at least more resiliant short term memory. Note, this can be done with open eyes and/or closed eyes. For some, one is easier than the other. For some, alternating both can be helpful. For some, one is better for the larger general picture but the other is better for fine details.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

This is precisely what Mistgod did with me and the dreamscape I adventure in, especially when it comes to my dreamscape mansion. Wonderland/innerworld/dreamscape or recurring day dream setting, I think they all pretty much mean the same thing. I really don't think there is anything mysterious, mystical or magical to wonderlands at all. It just a recurring setting that you spend a lot of time in until it becomes easier to visualize when you go back to it.

I'm actually confused now. ^_^; What exactly is the difference between daydreaming and visualization? Do some just think of visualization as more "professional" than daydreaming, or something (as in, visualization requires a serious mindset, or whatever)?

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.

For many people there probably is no difference, and I can't really say what the people think who do think they are very different. A daydream as far as I have understood the thread and figure out myself, is less focused and probably has a lot of things that aren't intentional. While visualization can be that as well, often when you are told to visualize, you are told to visualize that thing and focus on seeing it instead of letting your mind wander. This one is telling to let your mind just wander and see many things without worrying about forcing yourself to see them - though you do have to actually remember what you daydreamed about after it is over.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Looking back on this, I feel for someone like me who has terrible visualization, daydreaming may actually be the most productive possible approach. When you let your thoughts wander (albeit with some intent on where they'll go and in what form), there's no stress on seeing things in detail or getting them just-right as with visualization. Which is kind of a big deal to me, being such a perfectionist. The more lax an environment I have to practice something the better, when I have a distinct goal to accomplish I get caught up in details and eventually lose motivation to keep trying.

Daydreaming may potentially be a potent method of visualization practice honestly. The times I've made the most progress with such things were when I was just passively thinking of ways to expand the wonderland, such as Lucilyn's forest/swamp. And the least amount of progress... Trying really hard to make our hallways and rooms spatially proportionate and trying to memorize details. Our house is pretty consistent now, but my visualization's too poor to portray the corners between wall and floor or roof, the proportions of space in our living room (stretches a lot I think), or long-distance relations such as a top-down view of the house related to the actual walking space. So just casually letting your mind imagine things and places without worrying about detail.. might be something I employ from now on.

Like I'm actually going to do that now. Thanks guys.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

My hostie and I know when we have a day dream wonderland setting stored into long term memory, because we begin to have dreams about it or dreams set in it while asleep. If you start dreaming about it while asleep and see it in detail in that dream or lucid dream, that is a pretty solid wonderland I think.

The part of my wonderland that is "central" is my dreamscape mansion. We dream about it frequently and know the entire layout of the house and the contents of the rooms in detail. Another is the pond of magic silver water and the waterfall (my picnic place) in the Mistwood Forest near my mansion. We dream so detailed about it we can see all the stones in their place in and around the river, the trees as they always are and the butterflies, flowers and fairies.