Is your tulpa more popular and social than you are?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

You know, there comes that awkward moment when you realize that your thoughform (tulpa) is more popular on Facebook and Deviantart than you are and gets far more messages, friend requests and notes. More than once, I have even had people politely ask me not to intrude on their conversations with Melian, as they are "private" for her.

Yeah. I have been there already. When was the last time I got a Facebook message? NO they are all for Melian on her account and her e'mail account. Then there is that even more awkward moment when you realize you spend a lot of time online, too much, and that is pretty much dedicated to your thoughtform's social life. :-/

Then that even extra more awkward moment when you realize that most of the $80 you deposited into your Paypal account recently has been spent by your thoughtform for gifts for her friends. Well, some of it was for family. Still....For me it's cute and my friends and family thinks its cute, but sometimes it hits me a bit more than others how strange that is. Outside of Tulpa Info, as far as the internet is concerned, Melian is far more popular than I am, even with some family members.

What was that question again? Oh yeah, Are there any hazards or drawbacks to making a tulpa? LOL

My question for the forum is: Does anyone have this problem? Is your tulpa more social or popular than you are? Is it amusing or annoying?

Melian: It's not my fault!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olive: Thinks, we is probably equally popular. Except on Banning forum game. Is my game, they not touch it.

Fade: I don't think we really have this problem! It sounds both weird and cool at the same time. Give it a few years, and I'm sure that those us of with more vivacious personalities will start seeping out more and more...

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Guest Anonymous

Olive, that's right, stake your turf and defend it! LOL

Fade, it is definitely a gradual thing that sneaks up on you. LOL Last year Melian got letters and even packages in the mail and even Christmas cards. No one sent me diddle. I'm not complaining, don't misunderstand me. I am happy she has so many friends now. For so long she only had me. So she is making up for lost time I guess.

Guest Anonymous

*Looks at that booty*

It wouldn't surprise me, at least.

Jokes aside, though - eh, well, only you other tulpa.info people know about her.

So you tell me. xD

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

I don't know, an ancient witch is pretty intriguing and provocative and she is kinda cute. It will be tough to keep it from happening, I mean Rina becoming extra popular that is. LOL

Nope. Hades HATES most of the people. Miranda, Beth, Fef and Kotoura prefer to just stay in Netflix marathons in the Wonderland. And Vris used to be so, but then there was an incident, and she stopped being social with other people. In fact. She slaps me if I introduce her to other people.

Vriska: It's not my fault!!! I don't like geing introduced to people who don't know about tulpae...

Guest Anonymous

Well, at least Hades, Miranda, Beth, Fef and Kotoura have each other for company! LOL

As usual, I hadn't considered the ramifications of having multiple tulpas. I am always biased by having only one thoughtform in my mind. So, the question becomes even more complex when you consider and entire system of multiple minds vying for social time in the real world. Interesting!

If mine were more active, they probably would be. If Reisen were as active as Esterina, she would probably very much overshadow me. But she would probably try and direct attention to me if I felt left out, unlike Melian. Tewi doesn't care much for attention, Flandre doesn't do much to attract attention even though I think she likes being noticed, and Lucilyn doesn't worry about such things because when you're her, it's hard not to be noticed.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[Hail] In the settings where no one can know we are plural (work and with many other people), Tri is generally more well received when they are in control than I am when I am in control. Now, among people who know of us as us, not a singlet mask, I don't know.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

If mine were more active, they probably would be. If Reisen were as active as Esterina, she would probably very much overshadow me. But she would probably try and direct attention to me if I felt left out, unlike Melian. Tewi doesn't care much for attention, Flandre doesn't do much to attract attention even though I think she likes being noticed, and Lucilyn doesn't worry about such things because when you're her, it's hard not to be noticed.

Interest mix of personalities! Melian would encourage all tulpas to be as outgoing as possible and for them to make sure the hosts don't run everything and say everything, but you know that already. :-)

One thing I would add is the joy I have in sharing Melian and letting her loose on Deviantart. She has so many imaginative and creative friends there. She has been drawn and painted dozens and dozens of times and been a character in literature (cameo appearances). Everyone seems to love her and want to spend time with her.

Just today a fan of hers, who is a professional comic artist, posted a new painting of her at a Christmas party with many of her story friends. Melian has no trouble or inhibitions with mixing it up with literary characters, role playing characters and any kind of imaginary person. She lives within dreams and so everyone is a person to her, imaginary or real. That is why I often say all thoughtforms are legitimate people. Because Melian feels they are. It doesn't matter if they even come from a story. She lives in day dreams and has walked through story worlds with fictional characters and talked to people in real life. To her, it is all one and the same thing.

Here is a close up from the painting posted by Nathan Rackley today. It is quite an honor for us.

melian_at_party_by_droakir_by_melianofmist-d9lc8u3.jpg

The original painting with all the characters can be found here on Deviantnart: Happy Holidays 2015