My tulpa did something that shocked me

Alright so, I created my tulpa 2 days ago. Her name's nyaruko (long story short, the name is based on an anime) and I have been working on her personality through parroting and puppeting. I'm always worried about her and I wanted to watch anime but I couldn't because I'm just worried about her. So I told her I wouldn't give up and I'll help you. So today, I went to the wonderland. I talked to her and I'm still puppeting and parroting. My hands are around her shoulders and she was slouching against me. I told her what I liked and disliked about people and my hobbies. And then halfway through, she changed and sit on my legs and hugged me. I was shocked tbh. And I can ensure you that wasn't my doing. Ofc, I'm the shy type of person so I blush and shuttered a lot and when I'm done, I look at her bed which is behind and when I turned, she kissed my lips. I pulled out immediately I was like "wtf wtf wtf wtf" and it's not my doing she just did it. And I just tucked her into her bed and summon warm milk and mineral water in case she needs it. And I kissed her cheeks (I don't create her to be my girlfriend I created her so that I have a close friend who understands me and won't betray me) and when I'm about to leave, she held my head and pull it towards her lips resulting a kiss. Which I got really embarrassed to the point that my face is red and I just pulled out and I was blushing really really badly. I looked at her and she was smiling like those smile where they close their eyes and smile. I just said "I trust you and I believe you" then I just immediately exit the wonderland. I'm not sure if it's me who is puppeting her(pretty darn sure I wasn't) or if she is becoming sentient. I mean, I created her only 2 days ago.There is no way she could become sentient that fast. (To cut short, she kissed me twice and seat on my legs and hugged me at her own will which I didn't expect. I'm just wondering if it's really her becoming sentient or I'm just puppeting her. But she doesn't seem to be able to communicate at all or maybe I didn't noticed but so far, she's sort of able to communicate through actions)

You're probably dealing with first signs of sentience, there is no real reason why she shouldn't be able to do something so fast. If you don't actively puppeted her, you should assume that it was really her. People around here tend to say that there is no such thing as accidentally puppeting or parroting. Of course it could've been an intrusive thought of yours, but there is no real way of tell the difference for now.

About communication: Well yes, communication is a complex matter. It isn't surprising that she can't communicate using words that early, but that doesn't means that she isn't trying too. You will probably experience similiar things regarding her vocality later. You will feel like you was the one parroting her, and you will know a split second before your tulpa is going to say something, what she is going to tell. This is pretty common because her thoughts are still very similiar to your own, and your brain can't tell the difference. It will take some time before it get's more distinct. Also you could accidentally silence her when you try to listen to her by actively trying to not parrot her. Generally I advice to focus on your tulpa as a whole (her character, her essence etc.) instead of waiting for words to come up to get better results regarding vocality.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Wait, what? so she's already becoming sentient? Well I did remember me saying that I'll be really busy starting from next week because of school and I'm preparing for college and im trying my best to help you. Idk if that's what made her become sentient that fast but I always parrot and puppet her and occasionally letting her try to communicated with me by just focusing on her. Idk man. She does seem like she is limited even through actions I'm not sure if that's my fault for not forcing her personality properly or she's still trying

Guest Vixx

I have no way of knowing if you were parroting or puppeting, but my first tulpa gave me a hug a few days into the process as well. He would also smile often. He wasn't vocal at the time either. I think sentience begins pretty early, but it's more like a child's mind early on in the process. I would say don't read into it too much, but just keep up the forcing and see if it happens again.

Also, if you note how it feels/what you're thinking when you are puppeting/parroting and when you think she acted on her own, you will notice subtle differences that will help you distinguish whether you are doing it or she is.

Yeah I'll try. Just now while reading the forum, I heard a very very soft and high pitch sound coming from behind. I couldn't understand it because it was too fast and that I'm scared because it's freaking 2:27am here. Btw my mind is on reading the forum and that sound came unexpectedly

Yeah sentience does start very early in my experience aswell, Alice developed pretty unusual on certain matters, if you ask me. And she is still kind of "limited" on complex discussions, which is mainly me being in her way. If you parrot and puppet your tulpa a lot, it could already be enough to trigger sentience in her. My Tulpa surprised me with high level touch imposition after a week or two. I could literally feel her crawling up my bed a while after I asked her lay down next to me. (I am sure you can understand how creepy it is if you're alone in a room and suddenly something invisible moves inside your bed without you expecting it). Also she touched my butt out of nowhere. She wasn't even close to be vocal at that point since i followed a strict no parroting route.

You could ask your tulpa to surprise when you're not expecting it, maybe you get some nice results out of it.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

But I'm a pussy lol. The slightest movement or voice, I'll freak out. And I realized I made a mistake. Which I didn't meditate before forcing which makes the forcing experience for me, fuzzy, hard to focus and I can't force for too long. Max 15 minute before I start losing focus. But I'll meditate before my forcing begins hopefully it would be better. And I can't force at this time. I can't concentrate. Random stuff appears and that I puppet my tulpa for no reason. Its like fighting for a remote tv controller

Guest Anonymous

Okay here it goes! Understand before I write this that my views about tulpamancy are not in the majority. If you consider your tulpas sentience to be actual independent consciousness, then just a couple of days would seem to be extraordinary quick tulpa creation! If you were to agree with me that tulpas are a mental figment or a "day dream on auto pilot" then it wouldn't be as hard to explain this sort of experience for someone with an active and vivid imagination. If you consider your tulpa to be truly sentient, then I am ready to as well, or that is I am willing to acknowledge that to you she is sentient and that is all that matters.

What I am saying is that, in the case of my own thoughtform Melian, I consider her imaginary and advanced day dreaming. She seems to act on her own, but that is a figment created by my mind through practice and concentration and a lot of talent in visualizing and imagining. It took me a lot longer than a few days to create Melian however. Literally it took years of day dreaming about her for her to start seeming to be acting on her own. Note, I still consider Melian a form of sentience, imaginary sentience borrowed from myself. That is a weird way to look at it, but I like to talk to new people to give them something else to think about.

Also, Melian may be different than other tulpas. Tulpas may be independent consciousness while Melian is advanced day dreaming. In fact, to be very honest, I am beginning to suspect something like that could be possible. It doesn't diminish her in my mind to something less than a tulpa. She is just another type of thoughtform based on day dreaming. I am still trying to figure it all out.

I present this information to you so that you may have other things to consider, not to create doubt or discourage you from creating a tulpa.

To be honest, it's impossible to judge whether or not she's sentient this early on! Every mind is different, and some people's tulpas burst into existence rather quickly. She could be sentient- she could also just be learning sentience. For example, I count my tulpa's first real sentient action as performing a violin show for me in the wonderland a month after creation, but he admits that he felt sentience before that moment, and even in the first two weeks of forcing, he seemed to move around on his own. All I can really say is, keep forcing! You'll discover soon enough if it was really her.

Call me Gabi. Tulpamancer since February 16th, 2013. reddeadrebel on the IRC.

Call me 16-Volte. I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride!

Message me on tumblr!