How you decided you wanted a tulpa

Dash_Cam

I'm curious to the various reasons why people made their tulpa(s) so to start off I'll share my little story. (Not trying to put on a pity party, just saying what's up) So my mother died from cancer when I was 13 and due to different factors going on in my life she was the most precious person in my life, I loved her more than myself, and to say the least losing her was a trial. I had been coping well until I was 15 when I heard about all this tulpa business. I was infactation with the idea and my little adventure making my tulpa began. My intention was to skulpt a woman who was motherly in nature and whom would treat me with the nurturing love that my mother would have. After months of trying and trying, my tulpa, Aya was finally independent. I really never regretted the decision because she is a valuable asset in my life, extending that motherly love that I would say that I need.

Hope you didn't fall alseep reading. So tell me your story, I'm all ears.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Sorry for your loss.

And as for my reply to the topic at hand, well, I didn't decide that at all.

Esterina just started existing without me knowing it, and after a while, which was actually a minimum several weeks (probably much longer) according to her, I noticed her and started talking to her.

Greets,

AG

Really? I'm curious as to how that happened. Because I had to really put in work to make Aya independent. Do you have any guesses as to how she just suddenly came to be?

Also thank you for the condolences

Now that I reflect on it, I guess a fraction of myself decided this tulpa business on a whim. Most of the reason for creating a tulpa was for companionship and an earnest love, going beyond the one you get from a good friend. In fact, before I had a tulpa and even now, I never really had a belonging in the social groups created at my school. And even for the few people close to me, the connection is shallow. I don't really have a desire to create connections either, and I had some experiences losing friends. So I wanted a pure, caring bond with someone who would be there for me forever, and that's how Sceena came in.

For another part of it, having another opinion and view on things sounded great to me. Also, the idea of possession, imposition, and switching sounded so trippy when I read about it. So many ideas crossed my head pondering over what I could do with that XD.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

It's... embarrassing to talk about, even now, but I've always envied the friends I made who were parts of systems. It still feels awful to know I feel this way since most if not all of them have had to go through some bad trauma to end up the way they did.

Anyways. With the way I am, having a headmate who you can talk to and who will more or less always be there for you seemed so ideal. I've gone through some Bad Shit™ in my life that's resulted in some nasty disorders that have followed me into adulthood and I never got professional help for anything until a few years ago, way after the Bad Shit™ did its damage. I've gotten better since then but I'm still affected and it can get hard to cope. That's probably why I've held onto the fantasy of having a protector headmate for so long. You can imagine how excited I was when I found out about tulpas.

Edit: Forgot to add, I've since changed my mindset and I do not expect Arro to become a protector unless he really, truly wants to be. He's a dear friend to me and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I imposed such a role on him.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

Being of sound mind and body, with no notable traumatic or mental disorders contributing to my decision, I decided to create a tulpa. The idea of imposition was something that really sparked my desire to create a tulpa. The idea of manipulating your senses to see your tulpa was/is so fascinating to me. A psychological adventure with the most trusted and loving beings in my life. And I say "beings" because they're not people, and if I were to say pony and Anthro-wolf, well it wouldn't be much of a compliment. Like there's only so many talking ponies and anthro-wolves in my life. It's sorta like saying, you're my favorite Dad. Well no shit, I'm your only Dad...

Anyway. This is not to say I did it all for the psychological experience and science and what have you. Nowadays I just love seeing them, their progress, feeling their emotions, feeling together, I never thought I'd feel so many amazing emotions. But, the way I see it, the original intentions of creating your tulpa isn't really all that important. It's about how its transformed. Also, it's worth noting, I decided in to create my tulpa after 3 days of thinking. I've never made such an amazing impulsive decision. Don't be afraid to jump right in, just keep in mind this is a life-altering decision. Not to be taken lightly.

It's... embarrassing to talk about, even now, but I've always envied the friends I made who were parts of systems. It still feels awful to know I feel this way since most if not all of them have had to go through some bad trauma to end up the way they did.

This. A thousand times this. Ever since I was reading a novel about someone with DID when I was 13, I was.. fascinated. And kinda envious.

I've been in a relationship with someone, who later (after we broke up) was diagnosed with DID. I spend all my time on a DID forum as a way of coping. And someday, someone posted something like "how do you get DID, I want it too". Most people were shocked, but one person wrote about tulpas, so that's how I found this page.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Well, it was an impulse. Actually, my first though was to have someone to consult with on any everyday decisions, even if I have no one to talk to at the time. So, purely practical matter, also curiosity, and again... have someone to work with inside my head (I'm a developer). And then even more selfish thoughts came, as to have someone to care about me more than myself, and who would, obviously and literally read your mind and understand. 'Separate' persons, no matter how close they are, won't be ever able to do so as much as a person in my head. And this way Madaline was born. We are still 'in development', but I already can feel(see?) her thoughts. And well, I found a site about tulpas by accident, and in few days I decided to create one.

The other explanation is that I was just not weird enough.

I wanted power. I got power.

I respect and understand your position. I really do. I'm no special butterfly, but my second tulpa, Blak, was literally born out of misery and despair. I would not wish his fate upon the worst enemies I have. Emerging from a riled and confused mind can be very tough for a tulpa, and even then, troubled individuals face many difficulties, which is why life is not all rainbow and sunshine in their minds.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »