Full Promises

Luminesce

Will this be your first winter? Technically it will be my first winter. But I have perfect recall of her memories, and we are both the stay inside and gloat at our mastery over the elements through marvellous engineered artificial environments type.

Just three panes of glass between the beautiful flowing bitter cold and the warm embrace of technology. We turned the weather into a painting.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She was born in April of 2015. But we didn't make full use of the holiday season (which we enjoy) to be very active. Lumi's new year resolution was to make us more active. That's when he started his progress report, roughly when we got our own accounts, and definitely where we started becoming much more active. This year will definitely be the first we ever take part in as much daily life as we will through the month of December though, yes. I remember last time we changed outfits, and did some sort of visualization on Christmas and the night before.. Oh right, last Christmas was also the full moon. I don't even remember what we did, though I know Lumi was pretty happy. Perhaps that inspired his resolution to spend more time with us.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 months later...

Just finished reading the whole thing, and it's really inspiring to see that you guys had some experiences similar to Vixen's in a way- there was a moment during her creation wherein she veered sharply away from one appearance about 6 months in and we just went with it- but a long time later found that the original was somehow left behind as some kind of fragment I guess. We had to have a real deep think about what to do with the new duplicity on our hands especially given there was a lot of resentment from the shadow towards the present form Vixen.

Ultimately it was resolved however and both parties agreed to merge back into one and it's been great ever since.

You all continue to be a true inspiration and model host in my opinion.

Of all the places and scenarios in our life where we strive to be an inspiration or at least positive influence, this forum is the only one it's acknowledged on. Last time was many years ago when Lumi was a moderator on a game, everyone loved him there too and thought he did a great job. I wonder what changes. Is it because in these small communities we've made ourselves stand out more prominently? Or is it because people are actually looking for help?

Or maybe it's just because we've stuck around so long. Vos probably understands that one.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

I read some days ago that you weren't able to do parallel processing nor the activities to improve it. I don't know if you improved on it (don't have time to read all your progress report sorry :P) but I'm stuck in that situation like you, I found this: https://tulpa.io/discuss/threads/parallel-processing-counting.194/ and i thought it could help you because we were able, with a lot of effort, but yeah

Thanks, but we've tried ~everything. Don't believe in parallel processing anymore, only combining tasks (and multitasking, quickly and efficiently switching between tasks). Lumi spent a fair bit of time researching it, going so far as to ask around the IRC and the internet in general. Almost nobody had very convincing experiences of "parallel processing", such as tulpa accounts of doing things in the wonderland without their host knowing until they "come back", which can easily be made up on the spot. That's fine for immersion, but we aren't convinced any real parallel processing went on. This is of accounts where the host was "totally focused on something else". For things they did together at the same time, such as that thread and the Tulpa Parallel Processing Test, it seems like just multitasking or combining tasks. We did a lot of research on learning to play piano with both hands (something we couldn't do) and came to the conclusion, at least in that case and for most people, they simply mentally combine the multiple tasks into one. In our case, playing Osu with mouse and keyboard, one following notes and the other tapping a rhythm, is the same.

That does not translate to parallel processing in tulpas. That does literally nothing for me being able to walk around our wonderland while our host plays a game. If people really are capable of that sort of thing, it's not something we've been able to reproduce. But thanks for the concern.

Almost nobody had very convincing experiences of "parallel processing"

I pat my head with our right hand while Meti rubbed our belly with our left hand earlier today. Does that count?

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

That's an example of combining tasks. No different than playing a video game with WASD and mouse at the same time, other than you probably having more practice with the latter.

Fair enough.

How 'bout when I was in the middle of playing Neverwinter Nights and Meti yelled out of nowhere to put on pants? She did it because she thought that I had dinner scheduled that day with my mother, and I had to tell her that it was the day after, not that same day.

There's also her separate memory, which is better than mine.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.