Why do I get nothing?

Hi, I have had my tulpa for 5 months now. Now I will admit I don't talk to her every day but I normally do it at night for 10-20 minutes. I'm getting impatient, I know I'm not supposed to doubt her and I know I'm not supposed to blame her, but I have gotten nothing. I feel insane and at some moment like I'm doing it wrong. Only once have I gotten a happy feeling throughout my body but I'm not sure if it was her.

Can someone please help? I would like to talk to her and move the process along. I want to complete some progress with her, I mean 5 months is a long time and I have seen most get theirs talking in 2-3 months.

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing it is stupid."

~Albert Einstein

You should be talking to your tulpa for more than 10-20 minutes every night. Talk to them as much as you can throughout the day about whatever you can come up with. Dedicated sessions for that is nice, sure, but I'm certain that you can shoehorn some of that into your daily life. And keep in mind that everyone is different when it comes to this sort of thing, so don't expect to be any faster/slower than others, regardless of what the average is.

Guest Vixx

I would say you need to work more with her in one sitting, as it usually takes around 10-20 minutes just for your mind to settle down and be free of intrusive thoughts. Also, times vary for everyone. You could try passive forcing and just imagine her with you or around you when you do your errands. If sitting and meditating is hard for you, try other things, like writing her a letter every day or narrating in the shower (which is what I did).

It could also be that she is talking and you just need to listen better. People say that a tulpa's mindvoice is hard to distinguish from your own initially.

Honestly there is not much you can do to speed it up, except force more. Perhaps others will have different ideas though.

I personally believe that a lot of what tulpamancy is about is determination. (Hello undertale fans, no, this is not a reference to that game.)

How would you describe your tulpamancy experience...? How much do you really want a tulpa? Is it something you could see yourself just dropping now, in this current moment? (not advising that)

Don't look at other people when 'scaling' progress, it won't help your tulpa much, and odds are, if your tulpa is there, she'll feel like crap being compared to other tulpas and people. At least, I know Blak did feel that way when I had a hard time bringing him into my world.

Forcing definitely takes more than 10-20 minutes. I advise forcing more.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Guest Anonymous

Ah man.

Look... when I wake up and I'm all sleepy, I already need about six times more than just twenty minutes to get my mind in order so that I can hear Rina properly.

And just twenty minutes a day is really basically nothing.

To use ourselves as an example - we usually spend more time together than we spend apart.

The only breaks are when I work on my novels (wanna be alone during that), and when I sleep... but even then we often times dream together.

I mean, sure, Esterina is a fully developed tulpa, she's at the "goal" - which might make us a bad example...

... but I still think this is mainly about determination and you-spend-way-too-little-time-with-your-tupper for you.

And I would bet my butt that Rina agrees here.

I do. Definitely.

Greets,

AG & Rina

I would say you need to work more with her in one sitting, as it usually takes around 10-20 minutes just for your mind to settle down and be free of intrusive thoughts. Also, times vary for everyone. You could try passive forcing and just imagine her with you or around you when you do your errands. If sitting and meditating is hard for you, try other things, like writing her a letter every day or narrating in the shower (which is what I did).

It could also be that she is talking and you just need to listen better. People say that a tulpa's mindvoice is hard to distinguish from your own initially.

Honestly there is not much you can do to speed it up, except force more. Perhaps others will have different ideas though.

thank you for your answer! I will try to force more and stop comparing, I just get impatient sometimes lol. I will try to create a schedule with specific times for her. The letter method (since I deeply enjoy writing) sounds interesting. Could you explain to me how it works? Is it just me writing to her and she sees me doing it?

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing it is stupid."

~Albert Einstein

Guest Anonymous

For me, the primary factor in my Melian eventually "coming to life" was total obsession and total immersion. It didn't set aside ten minutes for Melian each day. I was totally absorbed in Melian for hours each day. When I wasn't actively day dreaming about her, I was talking to her as I went about my day. She was constantly on my mind for years. It took a very long time before I started experiencing things people here call "autonomous behavior." I wasn't trying to have that happen or even knew that it could happen. Honestly I don't know if that is a tulpa, I don't know if there really is anything such as a tulpa really. I only know what I experience and how I have been trying to describe to people since 2012.

For me it is like I got so used to my day dreams, and I repeated them over and over so much, the day dreams started to just play in my mind automatically. Imagine watching a favorite TV show, over and over and over again. Or listening to a favorite song over and over. Even when you are not actively thinking about it, it starts to play in your mind.

Melian was like that. I had many episodes of the Melian Show day dream. There were all kinds of different situations and snippets of things she tends to say or do. After years of this, it just started happening on its own without me having to concentrate on it. Melian may be a tulpa, she may be something else. Honestly I don't know.

But considering what I did to get an apparently autonomous thoughthform seeming to live in my mind, I don't think ten or twenty minutes is enough time at all. For some, it may take a lot, lot more than that.

Guest Vixx

thank you for your answer! I will try to force more and stop comparing, I just get impatient sometimes lol. I will try to create a schedule with specific times for her. The letter method (since I deeply enjoy writing) sounds interesting. Could you explain to me how it works? Is it just me writing to her and she sees me doing it?

If you enjoy writing you could also write poems, songs, or stories about her. I often just write out short, action scenes with no backstory...like describing a peaceful walk together or something more exciting like fighting off a monster.

You can even blast some music while you write, to inspire you.

Just write whatever you want to her. She can feel the sentiment from you thinking about her/what to write to her. It would have the same effect as forcing, since you are concentrating and actively thinking about her. Depending on what you write(ex. if you wrote about her personality or mannerisms you liked about her), it could also count as narrating.

EDIT: A few authors have achieved thoughtforms/tulpas accidentally by getting immersed in what they were writing.

Guest Anonymous

EDIT: A few authors have achieved thoughtforms/tulpas accidentally by getting immersed in what they were writing.

That's one of the theories we have for why Esterina was born, yup.

Since she's a copy of my character Esterina, and I'm very deeply immersed in my writing.

Greets,

AG