Tulpa War! Can one tulpa harm or destroy another tulpa? If so, how does that work?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have been reading about tulpa wars in the wonderland and "violence" of one tulpa against another here and there on this forum and in one of jean-luc's podcasts.

The things I am wondering about are these:

1. If a wonderland is merely an illusion and not a real place, why do tulpas fight over it? Why not just expand it or create more imaginary space? How can it be a conflict over resources when imaginary resources are unlimited? Isn't the wonderland a sort of collaborative imagining (day dream) between the mind of the host and the minds of the tulpas?

2. Why does such conflict occur between tulpas in the first place? Is it a power struggle? Why would that be?

3. Can a tulpa harm another tulpa or destroy another tulpa? How does that happen? It isn't the form they are destroying, as that is merely a projection or figment isn't it? So if a tulpa harms or destroys another tulpa, isn't that a war of minds? How does that happen?

4. Can a host put a stop to these conflicts or are they beyond the host's control? What kind of effects do these conficts have on the host mind and emotions?

5. Is potential tulpa conflict something a tulpamancer deciding on creating multiple tulpa should be considering?

Here is a related thread. Can tulpas hold grudges against other tulpas?: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-misc-can-tulpas-have-grudges-against-eachother

In the first several responses to this thread there is mention of tulpa conflict and tulpa war as well: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-mistgod-melian-list-of-the-truly-weird

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vriska: It's about my last commentary, right? Jejejeje. Well. Let me answer your questions. 1) We do not necessarily fight for space. The only war in which I've fought was for protecting L's mind from the evil tulpae that wanted to corrupt him. 2) As I said before, not necessarily. Yes, tulpae can fight for power and other motives. But the only motive that unleashed a war in here was L's sanity. 3) Yes. I've killed many, every time or in self defense or in defense of someone that I love. In my opinion it's very simple. As you readed in my wattpad story, the first tulpa I killed just "died" to out it that way, amd it's body dissapeared and never came back. 4) I think he/she can. But (this will sound pretty evil) L NEVER tried to stop our war. He watched it happening, and protected us as much as he could. He never troed to kill all our enemies by himself with just one strike as he can do now against hostile living forms that attack us. 5) In our experience Too much tulpae=Too much trouble. Soon or late, the interests will clash, and some can be resolved peacefully, like it has happened with Miranda, but it depends most of all on the tulpa's personality and his/her reaction to the conflict.

Guest Anonymous

So in your opinion, these wars are more than just an entertaining wonderland or day dream adventure story? These are tulpas actually harming or destroying other tulpas, rendering their minds permanently dissipated?

Also it is interesting what you said about being dominated by an evil personality, or one protecting another from an evil or corrupt personality.

Now I wanna see Jason v2 come out of hiding just to see an awesome mech fight between him and Eva.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Here is a related thread. Can tulpas hold grudges against other tulpas?: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-misc...-eachother

Well that was dumb. Of course tulpas can hold grudges. A tulpa is a human consciousness (or looks like one blah blah whatever) just like any other, so if normal humans can hold grudges, it only makes sense for tulpas to hold grudges too.

So in your opinion, these wars are more than just an entertaining wonderland or day dream adventure story? These are tulpas actually harming or destroying other tulpas, rendering their minds permanently dissipated?

Also it is interesting what you said about being dominated by an evil personality, or one protecting another from an evil or corrupt personality.

Vriska: Yup. It has been so in our experience. We were actually tulpae fighting to death, harming each other. I've even got injured many times, and Fef has been next to death. The only exception could be Miranda, who was shot in her first minutes to then come back to life. It was really weird. And yes. In our experience, when a tulpa dies, the idea or feeling that conforms the tulpa becomes abstract again. I think L could bring them back if he wanted, but he says it would be really painful for all of us in here. So to make it short; yes. At least in our experience, this have been real wars of real living beings fighting to death. And when a tulpa dies, it's permanently dissipated. So we just limit ourselves to give the fallen the respective funerals, and keep them dead, because we think (and hope) they're in a better place.

Guest Anonymous

Well that was dumb. Of course tulpas can hold grudges. A tulpa is a human consciousness (or looks like one blah blah whatever) just like any other, so if normal humans can hold grudges, it only makes sense for tulpas to hold grudges too.

Hmmm. Well, grudges against what? Are tulpas actually interacting with one another when the host is unaware of it?

I guess the grudges would be something along the lines of difference of opinions. Or one tulpa is doing something that another tulpa doesn't like, and it starts escalating from there.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

The things I am wondering about are these:

1. If a wonderland is merely an illusion and not a real place, why do tulpas fight over it? Why not just expand it or create more imaginary space? How can it be a conflict over resources when imaginary resources are unlimited? Isn't the wonderland a sort of collaborative imagining (day dream) between the mind of the host and the minds of the tulpas?

In our experience, it's more about struggling for power than anything, be that power over the wonderland, host's attention, control of the body, etc.

2. Why does such conflict occur between tulpas in the first place? Is it a power struggle? Why would that be?

Yes, and just like with humans it's possible for tulpas to not get along with each other, even in their own host's head. (and especially if the host does something like giving one preferential treatment over the others. I may or may not have had personal experience in the effects of such attention.)

3. Can a tulpa harm another tulpa or destroy another tulpa? How does that happen? It isn't the form they are destroying, as that is merely a projection or figment isn't it? So if a tulpa harms or destroys another tulpa, isn't that a war of minds? How does that happen?

Most of the time when my girls "die", their form is the only thing that gets destroyed, and they can usually put themselves back together again (metaphorically speaking) within a few days. That kind of death is just a slap on the wrist to them, and the only thing that can force them to contemplate their existence is being dissipated back into the unconscious void from which they came. In that regard, tulpas suffer from existential angst just like we do, but for a somewhat different reason.

4. Can a host put a stop to these conflicts or are they beyond the host's control? What kind of effects do these conficts have on the host mind and emotions?

Hosts can step in, sure, but only if they know something is going on in the first place. The effects seem to vary by person, and can include (but are not limited to) psychosomatic symptoms like headaches, disorientation, dissociation from the self and possibly even physical brain damage (or perhaps just a rewiring of the neural pathways).

5. Is potential tulpa conflict something a tulpamancer deciding on creating multiple tulpa should be considering?

To my girls, one of the take-home lessons from the wars they fought was that harmony is of the utmost importance in any system (a phrase I hesitate to use because of its associations with Tumblr, but that I feel accurately conveys what the collaborative relationship between host and tulpa is all about). So if your tulpas aren't getting along well with each other, you should at least get them to tolerate each other, if not to respect each other, because you and they are quite literally "in it together".

And yes, tulpas can interact without the host's awareness. My girls do it all the time, but I think it's partly because I've learned to tune out their bantering and only listen when they're trying to get my attention.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

[Hail] Never had a war inside this system, but we have a few relevant experiences and thoughts.

One, tulpas like anybody else can hold grudges and hate other people (hosts, tulpas, etc.) for any number of reasons including arbitrary ones. There is nothing special about hosts, tulpas, etc. in these regards. All are imperfect beings capable of misunderstandings, selfishness, deluding the self into thinking something horrible is actually good, doing horrible acts, etc.

It also pays to look at the nations of the world over the years. There has been plenty a time when wars were fought when there was actually an abundance of land and resources. People work the same way.

Depending on the system, great hurt can be inflicted between different parties inside. I've accidentally gotten impaled by one of my tulpa's horns inside and I can tell you, that did not feel good at all and would have been quite painful if I wasn't also partly still attached to the body (it sure was uncomfortable and I was dissociating like hell and felt an imposed hole through me outside with imposed blood dripping that I did not try to impose at all but just happened). Tri can confirm that pain and suffering are most definitely possible inside due to their personal experiences (I think they have done some extensive testing in these regards). So yeah, do not underestimate the pain, injuries, etc. that people inside can inflict on each other.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.