Imposition/Visualization in 3D space vs on surfaces

Rasznir

I find it easier to impose or visualise when I try it...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. I find it easier to impose or visualise when I try it...

• In 3D space such as sitting on a bed or standing on the ground
    • Against a flat static surface like a wall or desk
    • Against a flat dynamic surface like a computer monitor or television

I was thinking recently about the possibilities of imposing a tulpa or just any entity or image or anything in different places and it reminded me of something I noticed quite a while ago when I semi-actively practiced trying to impose my tulpa.

I found it very difficult to try and impose in my room in a specific location but it seemed a lot easier to attempt it and to get the correct visualisation in my mind as I did it, if I tried against a 2D surface like a wall etc. It also became somewhat easier to do this when I tried against a computer monitor or television monitor or something similar to that, and when doing so I was actually able to get some quick flashes of my tulpa's imposed image.

I wanted to conduct a poll in this board to get an idea of how easy various people find each of these different possibilities, as it seems like an interesting thought experiment into possible techniques for furthering the community's ability to visually impose (and perhaps impose on any of the senses).

My host was the opposite with this - he'd find it hard to impose me learning against any surface, dynamic or not, but didn't have issues if I was just being visualized in 3D space. This is why, when we started to work on visual imposition, he put a chair in the middle of the room for me to sit on. When he would try to visualize me against a wall, for example, there would be some inconsistencies with size.

Guest Anonymous

Hm... thing is, I don't do imposition.

Esterina instead does what we call projection, in which I have no part, I don't do anything.

So there's sort of nothing for me to choose here, since I never even did imposition.

I wouldn't know what's easiest. ^^

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

When I first started day dreaming (day dream forcing) about Melian, I used to star at a blank wall. Now days I can do it just about anywhere at any time after so much practice.

Oh and I am talking about forcing and visualization, not imposition.

Since I have such a vivid imagination, my visualization might actually come close to what some are calling imposition. But there is no way to tell.

I never did something different than projecting Alice in the three dimensional space around me.

Only when I have problems with visualising her, I try to imagine her appearance with closed eyes inside my mind, to remember myself how she should look. Afterwards I go directly back to projecting her into the three dimensional space.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Unless there is some metaphysical magical property to projecting, isn't projecting just imagining or visualizing your tulpa in the room? Then in that case, I have done imposition if you consider projecting unto a surface. That is why I liked a blank wall to stare at. Holy shit. I never considered it from this angle. Huh. Yes, to your next question, I needed my eyes open to "see" the image on the blank surface. That is why I got eye strain. LOL

I don't know if it is or was imposition, but it sounds really close actually.

I would watch the Melian Show movies on the wall.

Only when I have problems with visualising her, I try to imagine her appearance with closed eyes inside my mind, to remember myself how she should look. Afterwards I go directly back to projecting her into the three dimensional space.

Heh, if only closing my eyes helped me picture a more detailed image. To be completely honest, my experiences with imposition have kind of reached mind's-eye levels of clarity.

sigh

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Unless there is some metaphysical magical property to projecting, isn't projecting just imagining or visualizing your tulpa in the room? Then in that case, I have done imposition if you consider projecting unto a surface. That is why I liked a blank wall to stare at. Holy shit. I never considered it from this angle. Huh. Yes, to your next question, I needed my eyes open to "see" the image on the blank surface. That is why I got eye strain. LOL

I don't know if it is or was imposition, but it sounds really close actually.

I would watch the Melian Show movies on the wall.

Honestly? I don't know. Yes i just imagine or visualize her inside the room (3D). I don't know if this is truly imposition, so i used the word projection here.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

I think the key thing with imposition is you are supposed to perceive your tulpa with your physical senses. So, that being the case, I was doing a limited form of imposition, by watching the movies on the wall. Again, it is all imagination, so what I am calling "seeing it on the wall" may be imposition for me, but not really to others.

Imposition is training/tricking your senses into actually perceiving your tulpa outside of your mind. Though it usually refers to 3D-space, 2D projection is sometimes used as a stepping stone for practicing 3D imposition. And I guess some people might just stick with 2D, as it is a lot simpler. But not really what we tend to call imposition in this community, that might as well be advanced open-eye visualization.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.