Organization of guides

Brassow

Hey guys, Brass here with a request.

Could we divide the guides into folders based on what they teach?

For example, Oguigi's possession guide would go in a folder made for possession. So if any guide is based on a certain task/skill and there's several of them, we make a folder for it to make finding them easier. This helps so people don't have to go through several pages of guides to find another one about imposition.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Isn't that what the tags are for?

A sorting system would make it easier to navigate to and get faster results.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Welp I feel like an idiot for not knowing this. Thanks for pointing that out you guys.

If Brassow, Vos and I didn't know about this, there are probably quite a lot of users who don't know. It's not a particularly intuitive feature. Also, if you want to find all guides on possession, you'd have to find one to click the tag of, or use the search page.

So yes, it would be a good feature.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

As made evident in this thread, perhaps a more intuitive function is necessary. No point clinging on to old ways if they clearly are not working. Keep in mind that the people that are more likely to need guides are probably going to be newer to the forums over all.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

So is there any plans to implement such an organization method? Because it would be good to see a better one put into place. There should also be a section made for beginners, with the more general and basic guides.

So is there any plans to implement such an organization method? Because it would be good to see a better one put into place. There should also be a section made for beginners, with the more general and basic guides.

I don't think that there needs to be more sections, at this point. I've been working on Derp's guide list, fixing links and removing ones with screwed-up text, and that has a 'General' section on it. Maybe we could just work on this and push it more.