Does your Tulpa change Clothes?

Guest Anonymous

Does your Tulpa change Clothes?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Tulpa change Clothes?

• Yes, my Tulpa wears what he / she wants.
    • Yes, but it's more me who controls it.
    • No, my Tulpa always wears the same clothes.
    • My Tulpa doesn't wear clothes.

Too be fair, now that I think about it, my toop is probably pigeonholed into wearing pretty much the same day in and day out since there is really not enough exposure for the two of us for inspiration and references. However, owing to the style it prefers, well... it might not actually be an issue.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Paul does. Very rarely though. He's almost all the time in a black-and-white tux. Sometimes, when he's feeling more laid-back/informal, he wears plaid.

My Tulpa changes clothes frequently and has particular tastes. He rarely dresses in what he would call “muggle attire”. His wardrobe is very loosely based on what you can see from Harry Potter, LOTR, and Star Wars. He really likes his capes and black gloves. When he want to appear like “a regular human” his style is inspired to the Victorian era. He is always very formal looking and never underdressed. The colors are prominently black, dark blue or green and with sometimes flashes of blood red.

I have a passion for fashion so occasionally I’ll go into Wonderland and create new “lines” for him. He rarely wears anything that I don’t approve of.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

• 3 years later...

My tulpa seems to be wearing different clothes to yesterday..  I'm wondering do they change their clothes like we do?   Who experiences that?

Also if you didn't create a past history or life for your tulpa.. have you found they created their own? (I'm finding him wearing a defense force uniform complete with medals). He's making me think that he's living an actual life there in his own wonderland or something, Im finding it strange that he's in uniform... I nearly always impose him as being naked unless I put pants on him but he's appearing dressed in various things.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Nevira seems to wear different clothes every day, Desmond changes his sometimes and always "manually" undresses to bed at night. So yeah, tulpas can change clothes if they want to : D

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

In the beginning Misha and Ashley wore pajamas almost all the time unless we manually changed them to go wonderlanding. Darlene changed her outfit daily if not several times a day. Then again she's changed her face several times too, lol. She's the only one who's done that.

Ren and Joy wear unremarkable clothes that I've never even really stopped to notice other than, yeah, they're wearing clothes. Though especially in the beginning they wore dark hoodies and short shorts.

I'm not really too concerned with what they wear anymore. I couldn't tell you what anyone I talked to yesterday in the material world wore yesterday either.

Vesper: People often wear clothes. People often change clothes. Tulpas are people. Tulpas often wear and change clothes.

'People often X, therefore tulpas often X' is a good rule of thumb in general and avoids a lot of surprises in dealing with them.

Back home in my fiction, my mum was in the textile industry and taught me a great deal, expecting me to follow in her footsteps. My going to uni instead was more than she could imagine. When I became a goth, I put that training to good use in making my own clubbing outfits. In later life, apparel design and construction remained one of my most important hobbies.

In this world, I've continued to dress my form as I dressed my body for many years prior, in outfits of my own design, regularly making new items and adding them to my existing wardrobe. I've made and adapted some physical items while switched in as well. I enjoy collaborating with my host on that, since we both like design, I like sewing, and she likes other forms of crafting.

Iris: I change between my pajamas and my regular clothes daily. For my regular clothes, I prefer a single iconic look, but I add new details from time to time. Over the course of the past year, my outfit has gradually morphed to be unrecognizable as what it was originally.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Amantha never actually wears clothing, but we're both fine with that. What she does do, though, is change her hairstyle frequently. She seems to have a number of favourite ones she keeps switching between whenever she wants.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Vesper: People often wear clothes. People often change clothes. Tulpas are people. Tulpas often wear and change clothes.

One reason humans change clothes is due to our physical bodies make things dirty, physical bodies physically sweat. We HAVE to change clothes hence why I didn't see why a tulpa would have to have clothes or change them so hence why one of the reasons I was surprised to find Jesse changing clothes. Tulpas may be people but they do not even need to have a form to wear clothes on.

so this has been an interesting observation for me. I guess he cares what he looks like though he has a beautiful naked body. Who is he dressing for? I don't care if he's naked.

Michen, Jesse does seem to change hair styles (the picture of him here doesn't included his hair). He choose to have box braids but now seems to have just his wavey hair loose which makes me think of a ruffled kind of surfer kind of look.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Gargle: Usually we don't visualize ourselves very detailed. Rough ideas and that's it, just enough to know who's who. It looks a lot like how we see when we're not wearing glasses.

Right now, I can make out Diana's smile pretty clearly. Usually expressions are very visible(as they're important to how we communicate so we put more emphasis on them). And I see that her hair and eyes are brown, her skin is pale, and she's wearing red. It all blurs together, it'd be mush if I didn't know who I was looking at. Which is funny because of course I do, we share a brain.

But when I try to focus, I see that she's wearing our red sweater that we own irl. And she's not blurry anymore, at least not where I'm focusing. Her pants are switching between blue and black jeans.

This part happens because our brain is randomly generating stuff, trying to fill in the gaps. Maybe that's what's happening with your tulpa? Or maybe not, have you talked with him about it yet? Neither of us ever created a backstory, so it's really cool to see others do so.

Anyways, after the brain fills in the gaps, this is the point where Di realizes that I'm trying to see her clearer. So she puts actual effort into refining her appearance and grabs a few thoughts floating by as inspiration. Now she's wearing the same sweater, dark green jeans, and because I pointed out that she looks "too Christmas-y", she chose a Santa hat and coat, and bright red lipstick and eyeshadow that matches her pants. She did that just to tease me, how rude.

So yeah, that's the basic process we use? I don't know as if other people do it the same way- by other posts here it seems like a lot more effort is put into day-to-day visualization than we do, but I could be understanding them wrong.

Edit:

One reason humans change clothes is due to our physical bodies make things dirty, physical bodies physically sweat. We HAVE to change clothes hence why I didn't see why a tulpa would have to have clothes or change them so hence why one of the reasons I was surprised to find Jesse changing clothes. Tulpas may be people but they do not even need to have a form to wear clothes on.

Diana would definitely argue with this, haha. I don't care much for style, so I'm with you on not really having a need for specific clothes. A t-shirt and jeans are usually good enough for me. But Di loves fashion. Way more than anyone else in the system. She likes to look through magazines and daydream about buying everything. So clothes are a need for her, since she's very loud about expressing who she is and they're a way for her to do that, even if we're the only ones who see it.

Milo- host, they/them • Diana- tulpa, she/her • Garlan- tulpa, he/him •