Does your Tulpa change Clothes?

Guest Anonymous

Does your Tulpa change Clothes?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Tulpa change Clothes?

• Yes, my Tulpa wears what he / she wants.
    • Yes, but it's more me who controls it.
    • No, my Tulpa always wears the same clothes.
    • My Tulpa doesn't wear clothes.

Right now, I can make out Diana's smile pretty clearly.

And she's not blurry anymore, at least not where I'm focusing. Her pants are switching between blue and black jeans.

This part happens because our brain is randomly generating stuff, trying to fill in the gaps. Maybe that's what's happening with your tulpa? Or maybe not, have you talked with him about it yet? Neither of us ever created a backstory, so it's really cool to see others do so.

Anyways, after the brain fills in the gaps, this is the point where Di realizes that I'm trying to see her clearer. So she puts actual effort into refining her appearance and grabs a few thoughts floating by as inspiration. Now she's wearing the same sweater, dark green jeans, and because I pointed out that she looks "too Christmas-y", she chose a Santa hat and coat, and bright red lipstick and eyeshadow that matches her pants. She did that just to tease me, how rude.

So yeah, that's the basic process we use? I don't know as if other people do it the same way- by other posts here it seems like a lot more effort is put into day-to-day visualization than we do, but I could be understanding them wrong.

The smile is the hardest part for me to think perceive on Jesse (after the eyes but I can usually perceive the eyes now).  I have not seen a smile in a while (though he's teased me a few times lately with puckered lips indicating like a kiss).

I didn't realize I had like a gap there in how I thought him to be as I really perceive him naked fairly well.

Jesse and I communicate but rarely. We have not done so for a while. I seem to each day pick up different things about him in some way eg yesterday I felt him move on my bed.  best luck at finding out your tulpas back story :) . 

lol @ your tulpa, that is the kind of thing Jesse would go and do to me.. he loves to tease me though I haven't seen his teasing side out of late.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people only changed clothes because the clothes got dirty, we wouldn't have multi-acre buildings full of thousand of different styles. We wouldn't have fashion magazines and world famous designers. Clothing is a form of personal expression. People dress for themselves first, the people they care about second, and anybody else third. Not everyone cares about clothing in an aesthetic sense, but enough do to sustain an enormous industry.

We passively visualize sixteen hours a day, pushing for complete realism. I would get horribly bored with it if I was always wearing the same clothing. Also, clothing is much easier to visualize than facial features, so always visualizing the same clothing would not be a suitably difficult visualization challenge.

Just lounging about naked all the time never occurred to me, but it wouldn't work for us. Ember and I have been involved for over a year and if I dress too provocatively, we might just end up back in bed in spite of other pressing business. It’s happened before. Well chosen clothing sets the proper tone for what we are doing. Also, the rampant sexuality would make Iris uncomfortable. She's asexual and very modest. We only saw her feet for the first time a few months ago. Until she started letting us see her pyjamas, we had only ever seen her wearing shoes. We've still never seen her knees or elbows and don't really expect to.

In line with setting the proper tone for an activity, I put on shoes when leaving the house, wear a coat when it's cold, use an umbrella when it rains, fasten my seatbelt when going for a ride, and get under the covers beside Ember when going to bed. There's no point in having a form if I don't treat it like a body.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

"There's no point in having a form if I don't treat it like a body."

I guess so :)

" Clothing is a form of personal expression."

:) . I only dress up when I have to go out somewhere. I think Jesse at this point I've seen him in nearly more clothes then I own. (that is kind of sad). I only have 2 dresses, one skirt and a few other things which fit me, I do not even have a bra I can wear currently. I had to buy sandals the other day as I only had one pair I did not like (which were hand me downs from someone) as my others broke. I'm not able to go out shopping much due to my health issues and tend to end up buying the wrong sizes when I buy online (I've had 4 attempts to buy myself a bra online)

ah well, I guess that shows the benefits of being a tulpa and not a human person.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

My tulpa seems to be wearing different clothes to yesterday..  I'm wondering do they change their clothes like we do?   Who experiences that?

Also if you didn't create a past history or life for your tulpa.. have you found they created their own? (I'm finding him wearing a defense force uniform complete with medals).  He's making me think that he's living an actual life there in his own wonderland or something, Im finding it strange that he's in uniform...  I nearly always impose him as being naked unless I put pants on him but he's appearing dressed in various things.

Tulpas do a lot of things that your average person does, sometimes for the novelty of the experience alone despite not needing to. Even in an imagined environment they can eat, sleep, etc. and some groups even claim to have limitations imposed onto them to make things feel more realistic, so it's not too much of a leap to expect some to change their clothes every now and then too. For us, we all have outfits that we default to most of the time but (as an example) if there's something weather-appropriate that would make more sense while being imposed, we'll make the extra effort to change.

The smile is the hardest part for me to think perceive on Jesse (after the eyes but I can usually perceive the eyes now).  I have not seen a smile in a while (though he's teased me a few times lately with puckered lips indicating like a kiss).

I didn't realize I had like a gap there in how I thought him to be as I really perceive him naked fairly well.

Maybe you're not lacking something, maybe eyes and body language are just better ways to communicate than smiles and frowns for you.

best luck at finding out your tulpas back story :) . 

lol @ your tulpa, that is the kind of thing Jesse would go and do to me.. he loves to tease me though I haven't seen his teasing side out of late.

If Jesse can already/can learn how to, he could play practical jokes as well, haha. Our host has been known to do that with herself before we existed which is kinda... odd. But now whenever we try to type "n o b o d y" but without the spaces we get "Bob likes pizza". It's easily changed but Kelly finds it too funny to.

And Di considered making her own backstory at some point, I think, but neglected the idea. I never really wanted one myself.

Tulpas do a lot of things that your average person does, sometimes for the novelty of the experience alone despite not needing to. Even in an imagined environment they can eat, sleep, etc. and some groups even claim to have limitations imposed onto them to make things feel more realistic, so it's not too much of a leap to expect some to change their clothes every now and then too. For us, we all have outfits that we default to most of the time but (as an example) if there's something weather-appropriate that would make more sense while being imposed, we'll make the extra effort to change.

Clothing can also be important to those who possess regularly(like us). Yet it's harder to find clothes in the outside world- funny. Di says the reason she enjoys possessing is because she values the outside world more than inner. I agree, but only becuase I never really experienced wonder-landing too much.

At this point we all see the body as ours. We share it, and the inner-world is only a way to communicate with those who aren't possessing(or switching from some perspectives). I deal with the struggles outside life becuase it's my responsibility as much as it is my headmates'.

- Gargle

Milo- host, they/them • Diana- tulpa, she/her • Garlan- tulpa, he/him • 

One reason humans change clothes is due to our physical bodies make things dirty, physical bodies physically sweat. We HAVE to change clothes hence why I didn't see why a tulpa would have to have clothes or change them so hence why one of the reasons I was surprised to find Jesse changing clothes. Tulpas may be people but they do not even need to have a form to wear clothes on.

so this has been an interesting observation for me. I guess he cares what he looks like though he has a beautiful naked body. Who is he dressing for? I don't care if he's naked.

That's exactly the reason why Amantha never actually wears clothing. In her entire time I've kept her as a tulpa, I've only seen her wear a red jacket once or twice, and that's it. We both believe that tulpas have no need for clothes, so Amantha just goes about furclad.

I have personalised my hair and acessories (the hairpin and bracelet). If I really wanted to wear clothes for a while? Eh, I'll probably just dress up half. We both liked the idea of my nudity, and I can dye my fur if I want to!

Michen, Jesse does seem to change hair styles (the picture of him here doesn't included his hair). He choose to have box braids but now seems to have just his wavey hair loose which makes me think of a ruffled kind of surfer kind of look.

Hehe! It's fun to mess around with hair! My hair is actually the same colour as my fur is, but you'd be surprised how much your look changes if you change what your hair is like. Curly, loose and wavy, braided... I've had a whole variety, and I change my hairstyle much more often than Michen changes clothes.

Amantha currently has a bit of a loose and wavy, but slightly chaotic hairstyle. It indeed kinda has a surfer look, though the rest of her body doesn't exactly follow that. It's not going to last long though, and I actually like her messing with her hair like this.

It was Michen's idea. He was actually the one who encouraged me to do that. So I did.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

I for one am disappointed that the natty purple scarf in your avatar isn't canon, Amantha. ;)

We both believe that tulpas have no need for clothes, so Amantha just goes about furclad.

Tulpas or anthros? I think the situation is quite different for ponies, anthros, and other non-humans, especially those with fur, which has low compatibility with clothing in general. It's not like my host wore clothing either while she was a cat therian. For ordinary human beings like myself and Iris, nudity makes less sense.

At this point we all see the body as ours. We share it, and the inner-world is only a way to communicate with those who aren't possessing(or switching from some perspectives). I deal with the struggles outside life because it's my responsibility as much as it is my headmates'.

We're in pretty much the same situation, Gargle. The body is common property and the mindscape is for storing forms when there isn't a convenient place for them in the physical world. Ember and I both enjoy dressing up the body, even though it doesn't much resemble either of us.

I do not even have a bra I can wear currently.

Bras are horribly finicky. Even though our physical body does pretty well with off the rack clothing, I still have to hand tailor every bra to fit.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I for one am disappointed that the natty purple scarf in your avatar isn't canon, Amantha. ;)

Back off, smartypants. The avatar is Michen's fursona. There's no drawing of me that can be used.

Tulpas or anthros? I think the situation is quite different for ponies, anthros, and other non-humans, especially those with fur, which has low compatibility with clothing in general. It's not like my host wore clothing either while she was a cat therian. For ordinary human beings like myself and Iris, nudity makes less sense.

Both, actually. I'm an anthro tulpa. But I also have to argue that if I weren't an anthro, I still wouldn't need clothes. Mindscape never feels cold, even with all the snow around. If I were imposed, Michen still is the only one who ever sees me. I have nothing to hide from him, and there's no need to dress up for the rest of society. The real-life temperature also doesn't impact me. To me the temperature just always feels the same. And rain can be solved by simply pulling an umbrella out of nowhere. Granted, it would be boring to walk around naked all the time if I were human, but tulpas don't actually -need- clothing. Though I suppose it also depends on the restrictions the host has placed on the tulpa and mindscape.

...All right, part of it is also that Michen is interested in naturism, so we have had this conversation as systemmates under each other before. And since I'm unaffected by weather and temperature, not to mention only visible to Michen... you can see where that conversation went. The talking didn't take long.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa