Would this work???

I got this idea the other day of possibly a new way to force Tulpas. I realised I struggle with Tulpamancy, but I have no trouble creating characters. In fact if you gave them a situation I could tell you their exact reaction. I realised that the only difference between them and Tulpas is that I don't consider them Tulpas (that and a 50 year time difference.) I wonder if I could apply the same technique to begin sentiency. I know that a lot of you might not think it would work, but hear me out.

My characters never end how they begin. If I wrote a story of sorts to get the behaviour of a Tulpa down, it could possibly evolve into sentiency. I'm not sure if I'm describing it write, but it's hard to describe the feeling to a people who might not be dedecated writers.

For the character's behaviour evolving with time, you'd probably have to spend time writing a novel to understand and see that change but I imagine it would be like watching a child grow over time.

For me being able to tell how my characters would react in a situation (and without actually forcing said reactions) the best example I can come up with applies to fanboys/ girls who, like me, have extreme character empathy. If that's you and you imagine what your favourite characters would be like in the future, and do so fairly accurately, you should understand.

What this technique basically is is to write a story, from your point of view or your Tulpas, to establish behavioural traits you want you Tulpa to have. And as you look back, edit, change and repeat, you should see something resembling a consciousness forming, and you go from there.

Now my question is, for those who took the time to read all that, is could this work? Has anyone tried something similar? I know Tulpamancy is very much trial and improvement and doing what you think feels right but I just wanted your input. Thank you.

Sounds entirely feasible. As a writer myself I applied many of my writing techniques to Arro's early creation (albeit just the ones that happen inside my head, so I never wrote anything down) and it really helped set down a solid base for him. I also know someone who modded Skyrim to put his tulpa in as a companion as a forcing aid, so I don't see why your idea won't work as well.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

This is a pretty controversial take on tulpamancy atleast, since it is strongly connected to techniques of roleplay, or something similiar mistgod described somewhere else. I forgot the term. You technically "play" your tulpa or become your tulpa partly for the act of knowing it. You could argue that you don't really create a tulpa this way, just a very vividly roleplay character. It will be hard to tell the difference at some point, and there is no rule that prevents a roleplay character to become a true tulpa.

I wouldn't recommend something like this, even though it is pretty similiar to regular forcing and probably will result in...something. Maybe you will just end up being perfect in tricking yourself with parroting and puppeting, I can't tell. You would need to drop this at some point, if you want it to be more than that.

Edit: Soulbounds are often a byproduct of creating and imagining exactly what you described for a book or something like that.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

This is a pretty controversial take on tulpamancy atleast, since it is strongly connected to techniques of roleplay, or something similiar mistgod described somewhere else. I forgot the term. You technically "play" your tulpa or become your tulpa partly for the act of knowing it. You could argue that you don't really create a tulpa this way, just a very vividly roleplay character. It will be hard to tell the difference at some point, and there is no rule that prevents a roleplay character to become a true tulpa.

I wouldn't recommend something like this, even though it is pretty similiar to regular forcing and probably will result in...something. Maybe you will just end up being perfect in tricking yourself with parroting and puppeting, I can't tell. You would need to drop this at some point, if you want it to be more than that.

To me it just seems like a different kind of personality forcing, with the usual parroting and puppeting slipped in. You'd of course want to stop writing about your tulpa at some point for it to gain sentience and autonomy, but as far as the beginning stages of the process goes I don't see how it's too different from what most people do.

I think it's also noteworthy that some people actually have accidentally created tulpas in the past from roleplay characters (or like, imaginary friends). All the attention that they put into writing those characters and even talking to them can be considered a kind of forcing, and eventually those characters actually come to life as tulpas.

To me it just seems like a different kind of personality forcing, with the usual parroting and puppeting slipped in. You'd of course want to stop writing about your tulpa at some point for it to gain sentience and autonomy, but as far as the beginning stages of the process goes I don't see how it's too different from what most people do.

I think it's also noteworthy that some people actually have accidentally created tulpas in the past from roleplay characters (or like, imaginary friends). All the attention that they put into writing those characters and even talking to them can be considered a kind of forcing, and eventually those characters actually come to life as tulpas.

You're right. I just think you need to know how to handle this, or you will end up with delusing yourself, like with regular puppeting and parroting. I think this has some slightly higher danger of doing so, since you get used to thinking "what would x do/think/say?".

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

You're right. I just think you need to know how to handle this, or you will end up with delusing yourself, like with regular puppeting and parroting. I think this has some slightly higher danger of doing so, since you get used to thinking "what would x do/think/say?".

True, but who's to say that (insert some comment about the true nature of tulpas), anyways?

Hopping off of the delusion thing for now, I do feel like this method could give anyone using it a nasty case of parrotnoia, especially since parrotnoia manifests very strongly in the more common forcing techniques already. I mean like, it's still worth a shot imo, but better to get into it aware of the possible setbacks than otherwise.

From the looks of it, I think it's possible that something may come out of this, but I wouldn't guarantee that this thing would be a tulpa. Why is it that you struggle with making a tulpa? It seems like, if you can do this, you can write things down about those traits (I suggest reading this) and direct them towards your tulpa.

From my personal experience, I used to be an avid roleplayer/storywriter back in the day, which had traits that carried over into the Tulpa quest quite readily. In particular, being able to distinguish a character's thoughts, behavior, and rationale form your own. What was quickly evident when I started was that my Tulpa seemed, personality wise, like my usual signature character archetype. So while the previous hobby did have its uses, I, personally, would not try to weave together the two at once. As stated by None, it sounds like setting the scene for a persistent parroting/puppeteering situation. Even without deliberately mixing the two, my history in roleplaying/storywriting led to a huge doubting problem for quite a long while since it created an uncomfortably blurred line between "Is it my Tulpa or just a facsimile?"

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Thanks for everyone's input. I will try this but I will be weary of the side effects, I'm not planning to do much of this, maybe one short story now and another if I lose my way a bit because of other commitments like school. Thank you everyone.