Sentience troubles?

First off, I wanna apologize if posting a lot of questions here is annoying. I just keep falling into ruts from all the forum posts here. I'm constantly looking at threads to see if I can find anything of value to incorporate into my schedule, and I found a hell ton of threads that were all on sentience..

Quite frankly, now I'm starting to doubt myself a lot. All of them challenged the "sentience from beginning" idea, and with 50 billions ways of people saying how to go through with it, I don't what to do. Some are saying by assuming their sentient and accepting responses even if your quite sure their yours, you'll get a servitor. Or they wont make any progress. Or that you'd have to work months based on that belief cause it just simply doesn't work. I don't know what to do. Everything on here is contradicting and everyones always giving little tidbits on what to do for everything to the point it feels its all over complicated for no reason. I mean, all im doing is personality work for 40 minutes and some passive forcing when I remember outside of that, which normally is about 2 hours or so. But from what everyone is saying, I'm missing out on dozens of techniques that make everything better, or the viewpoint that I was using is wrong and will fuck everything. I know all of this is subjective, but what can you do when what you were thinking and going by is said by multiples its gonna mess the whole process up? In short, how should I handle the "sentience from start" deal? Should I just keep treating them as their aware, or do I need the belief that they are as well with it? What about their responses? I feel from what they said if I keep accepting all these responses that I'm 80% sure was me as theirs, we will never get anywhere...

Sorry if this is irritating in any form, I just know I'm going to be doing this for years and I wanna get it done right, not keep fumbling and hitting walls blindly for months with no progress

Host: Jade

Tulpa: Star

"Nature does not recognize good and evil. It only recognizes balance and imbalance." -Walter Bishop, Fringe

I think that it would be beneficial for you to treat the "response" as one coming from your tulpa, replying to it and giving it attention in case it is from your tulpa, but don't assume that every response is your tulpa's. There are a lot of different viewpoints on this sort of thing, all molded from the years of discussion we've had over them, so don't be surprised if you see some things from the past that contradict the common ideas about things like that. And, even if you did end up making a servitor (somehow), you could always force it into a tulpa through some more hard work.

Everything on here is contradicting and everyones always giving little tidbits on what to do for everything to the point it feels its all over complicated for no reason.

Making a tulpa is an extremely personal process. A big part of it is feeling your way through it. What feels right to you is what you should go through with. Keep in mind that the guides are not rules or instruction manuals or strict recipes; they're guidelines, free to be modified and bent for you to tailor the content of the guides to your specific situation.

With as nebulous a concept and community as this is, there's guaranteed to be tons of contradictions, most of which arising from people taking their personal experiences as the solitary objective truth on how tulpas operate and are created. Read as many guides as you feel necessary, poke around the forums to glean information from others' experiences, and feel your way to what should work for you.

As for the specific issue you're currently asking about, you could go full FAQ_Man and depend on hour counts and don't believe that anything your proto-tulpa is saying is actually them and never parrot whatsoever for any reason ever and follow a strict order and all that. Or you could go the opposite direction and treat your tulpa as fully sapient from the start and treat anything they say as them saying it and have full conversations with your tulpa the day after starting on it and proxy your tulpa in the IRC during your first forcing session (but this is basically just roleplaying an invented character and not making a tulpa in my opinion).

Really, through years of back-and-forth in the tulpa community, both of these positions have been found to not be conducive to ending up with a tulpa (although, sidenote, "focus on the journey, not the destination" definitely applies to making a tulpa as you should not try to rush and get a tulpa as fast as possible). The key is to strike a balance that works for you and you only, using whatever weird symbolism or meditation or methods or acting or anything else.

Lacquer pretty much nailed it. You need to do what seems to work for you, what you're comfortable with. There is no real way of doing this wrong, certain ways of feeling or thinking about it are just more hindering than others, like everything doubt related. I really understand why you have a problem with it, though.

Should I just keep treating them as their aware, or do I need the belief that they are as well with it? What about their responses? I feel from what they said if I keep accepting all these responses that I'm 80% sure was me as theirs, we will never get anywher

It is kind of up to you, treating them as they are aware can be enough, but if you keep questioning yourself about it all the time you will have a hard time about the whole answering thing. There is no real good answer for that, since you will probably never reach absolut clarity about tulpa responses. My best take is to ask questions you don't have premade answers for, like asking for favourite characters of shows, reasoning for it etc. etc.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

When that happened, all I could do is really accept it as my tulpa-to-be communicating. Sure, it may not be a full-fledged tulpa yet, but it is best to treat it as one since it is going to get there eventually. What you could do is try to evoke opinions and alternate thoughts, that way you could try to force a distinguishing little by little. I do not necessarily think that the fear of getting a servitor is founded, namely because 1. servitors can evolve into tulpas, and 2. if it looks like a tulpa, speaks like a tulpa, sounds like a tulpa... you get the idea. If you keep overthinking everything, you might overlook some important flags.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

I started making my tulpa more then a week ago but I think I get the gist. When your are making your tulpa basically you are trying to trick your brain into thinking there's another person. It natural to doubt your tulpa and that why most say assume your tulpa is sentient or treat your tulpa as if sentient because you are training your brain to accept that as reality. That is also why it takes different times for most people because maybe some brains were already trained or just more opened minded or they were already insane and their brain didn't give a crap about it.

As for the actual tulpa, someone told me that if your having doubts about your tulpa think of them as a baby mind and you have to teach them about the world and how to talk and later on even how to move your own body. When they first begin to talk they will try and grab what you expect them to say cuz its easier for them. But as they learn more and more they start to develop their own voice and personality.