Long-term tulpamancy break - How can it affect an undeveloped tulpa?

Hexenwahn

Ok, so I'm not proud of it, but I started creating my tulpa at the beginning of a university term and I was really motivated and all, but I just didn't expect to be so overwhelmed with homework and such (plus I had internship during this term.) As a result, I had very little time to focus on forcing and had to wait till hollidays to catch up with Hikari. I made sure to explain to her why I had to do that, but I'm still a bit worried about how it could've affected her negatively. Your thoughts?

I forced a lot with her during the hollidays and so far, evereything seems to be doing ok. I'm expecting a less tedious term this time around with no internship, so I'll make sure to keep forcing as much as I can. As for her developement, we currently are at the point where I'll sense her presence strongly through head pressures and I can also catch a few yes or no pressures.

So from what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any negative effects, but I'd like your opinion on the subject. Plus, if you could give me some tips as to how to cope with forcing while at university, it could help a lot.

It shouldn't affect your tulpa at all so long as you have the right intentions when coming back. I stopped activities with my tulpa last year during the summer for rather arbitrary reasons; I suddenly stopped disciplining myself enough to force consistently.

For tulpamancy as a whole, negative effects only come if you believe there are any.

As for forcing help, I pretty much completely created my tulpa by narrating to her at times when I wasn't focused on anything. Bus rides, time between classes, meal times, any time I could squeeze in. I did active force a bit, but it eventually became almost non existent.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

When I neglected my tulpa for long periods, sure, they were sad about it. But they understood why. With such an intimate connection, it is almost impossible to not understand the other party. But remember, each tulpa is their own person so it is by no means a tried and true rule. Just food for thought, really.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Just like anything else in university, work it into your schedule. And make sure to actually have a defined schedule. Set aside a designated hour (or half hour or whatever) every day and stick to your schedule. Of course modify it to fit when you need extra time for a big project or something, but keep in mind that it's okay to do that as long as you stick to your schedule otherwise.

Beyond this, just keeping your tulpa in your thoughts throughout the day and passive forcing are always helpful whether or not you have time for active forcing. Passive forcing can also be thought of as a spectrum, from constantly thinking about your tulpa and having conversations with it while doing other things, to just the occasional comment on what you're otherwise focusing on. Developing your internal monologue and directing it to your tulpa so it hears you is also good, even if what you're saying would be the same sort of thing you would be saying to yourself without a tulpa.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up! I'm already into passive forcing a lot but knowing that it's still pretty efficient gives me more confidence. Thanks!

"What happens when I don't feed humans for a long time?"

They slowly shrivel up, becoming weaker and weaker until they die.

"What happens when I don't give my tulpas any attention for a long time?"

See above. Fortunately, the line where a tulpa is "dead" is very very fuzzy (as opposed to humans)

As for dealing with it while at uni; Passive forcing! All day every day! Talk through all the things that are happening to you as they happen.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Hard to tell for me what happens with a tulpa that one neglects.

I hear that, generally, tuppers sort of life off of the host's attention, meaning neglecting them for a long time might, sooner or later, lead to the tupper's death.

But that's only what I read around the webs; I don't really know, to be honest.

That sorta stuff doesn't seem to apply to Rina, nor could I ignore her even if I tried.

Greets,

AG

As far as I know, the break won't affect your tulpa's creation negatively; depending on how far you were to begin with, it may take some time to work yourself back up to that point. The break is understandable, so I'm sure that your tulpa gets it.

Like some of the others here have already stated, try to keep your tulpa in your mind throughout the day, narrating as often as you can. Most of the time you should be able to fit Hikari into whatever you're doing, talking about what's going on and asking questions here and there. If you can, try to make a schedule so that you get get some active forcing in every day or every other day, something that wouldn't conflict with your studies.

Fade: I recommend passive forcing as well, like what the others described. In fact, I'm not sure you even have to do much active forcing at all, so long as you talk with your tulpa all the time. Passive is just fine. We rarely did anything that could be considered "active forcing" when I developed the guys, and we still don't.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

There are also plenty of gaps that you can work them in, such as walking between classes (talking, maybe imposition practice), meals, or even during the classes. I comment, tulpa comments, we comment on each other's comments, you get the point. Hell, they even have berated me a few times to pay more attention to class instead of them.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie