Allergies

jean-luc

I would not think that an allergy would really differ between personalities since it is a physiological response. However, it could be that there is a variation of a taste aversion, though not an actual one due to, again- physiological response. It could be enough of a dislike so as to manifest a physical discomfort via placebo? Purely speculatory.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect there are a couple types of allergies on the table here. There's the usual physical allergies, where the immune system becomes oversensitive to something and triggers an allergic response to it. This is physiological and obviously would not be affected by tulpas, alters or any other mental shenanigans.

Then there's more of a mental "allergy", a deep association between something you sense and a physiological reaction. The reaction is obviously psychosomatic, and the actual alleged allergen doesn't do anything and is effectively a placebo. If you obsess enough over some allegedly present allergen, toxin or contaminant with some set of symptoms you believe its presence will cause, you may well start to feel its effects and even exhibit externally observable symptoms. These could very believably change with which tulpa/alter/whatever is switched in.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Chupi.

While not a MD I have worked on cell signaling pathways and have at least a little bit of experience in immunology. I've always been fascinated by the interaction between the nervous and immune system as the implications are quite far reaching.

The discipline of PNI deals with such neuro-immune interactions. Awesome stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoneuroimmunology

Common human diseases such as allergy, autoimmunity, chronic infections and sepsis are characterized by a dysregulation of the pro-inflammatory versus anti-inflammatory and T helper (Th1) versus (Th2) cytokine balance.

Recent studies show pro-inflammatory cytokine processes take place during depression, mania and bipolar disease, in addition to autoimmune hypersensitivity and chronic infections.

Chronic secretion of stress hormones, glucocorticoids (GCs) and catecholamines (CAs), as a result of disease, may reduce the effect of neurotransmitters, including serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine, or other receptors in the brain, thereby leading to the dysregulation of neurohormones.

Therefore, yes, I find it quite plausible that certain types of hypersensitivities may be affected by emotional states which in turn may differ between host and tulpa.

Apart from that I can't really comment on the subject as I've never suffered from any allergies.