Beginner/Mentorship Groups?

Jadedhourglass

So I had a neat idea, and I'm pretty sure this might have sifted through the forums at one point but here it is.

What if we put a beginner group up? Basically, you get a bunch of Hosts who havent made tulpas before and are just starting, and they could become a group! There could be a group limit, like 5 people or so, and they could meet up on a certain time everyday or every other day when planned on a chatroom and discuss progress, talk about their tulpas, put them onto the chat if they can, tons of stuff! :) I feel it honestly would truly help because I know if I was in a grouping with other starting people I would be even more motivated and also looking forward to telling them my achievements! Plus you could make really good friends too possibly :) It doesn't have to just be beginners though, maybe on a form for it, you could group 5 people with fully imposed finished tulpas, halfway there, anything really. Or, and I really like this too, a Host with a finished tulpa could take up 5 other beginners and be their mentor! Going into the chat with them, answering questions, etc etc

I don't know, it was just a thought that randomly popped in my head. I feel if it became a thing it'd become really popular.

Host: Jade

Tulpa: Star

"Nature does not recognize good and evil. It only recognizes balance and imbalance." -Walter Bishop, Fringe

This came up at the last couple community meetings on the IRC. We're in the process of organizing something almost exactly like this.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Thinking about the mentorship idea as discussed in last week's community meeting, it seems like there could be a risk that the mentee would depend too much on the mentor's specific method and not find a method that works best for them.

Thinking about the mentorship idea as discussed in last week's community meeting, it seems like there could be a risk that the mentee would depend too much on the mentor's specific method and not find a method that works best for them.

I'd hope that the people who are added as mentors would provide more than one method on how to do things, not only theirs. That's possible, though.

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying that it'd be a big risk, or even commonplace, but it is certainly a possibility that could be taken into account when designing the structure of the mentorship program.

Guest Anonymous

I'd be the best mentor ever.

We'd have meetings with confetti and everything.

And absolutely every advice I'd give would start with: "Well, Esterina says..."

Oookay, jokes aside, I too think it's a good idea to have something like that.

As long as the mentor people this:

I'd hope that the people who are added as mentors would provide more than one method on how to do things, not only theirs. That's possible, though.

Greets,

AG

I'd have an excuse to break my silence at least, but with grad school my availability would be severely limited. Lack of availability was one of the reasons I was demoted from global mod in the first place, so I probably won't even be chosen for this either.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

From what I heard at the meeting, glitch, it is a purely voluntary position. If you and your mentees are fine with whatever pace you set, then all will be well. As for mentors providing only one method, really, it is expected for them to stick to the methodology they know works: their own. However, it would be good if they at least mentioned other paths. Since mentees are going to be able to choose who they want as far as I am aware, then they are going to choose (barring availability), those whose thoughts align with their own. As a result, then there is no worry of them not being exposed to alternatives since they have already chosen how they want to approach the ubject matter.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

• 3 weeks later...

This would be awesome! When I first started in on this website, and began with forcing, I would fall in and out of the habit so much. With groups/mentors to report to, I feel it would be much easier to remember to keep forcing a part of your daily routine. I am very interested in hearing more about where this goes.