Progress of Shikumara

Icy Dice

I had started a tulpa a few days ago. You could call it a New Years resolution. I had started the basic idea during the summer but I never started forcing. But now I'm am.

I started noticing head pressure on the right side of my frontal lobe and I try to passive force as much as I can remember. The first few days it was really tiring because I usually don't eat breakfast or lunch on school days.(I also rarely drink water) But now that I'm making a tulpa I'll try and eat breakfast when I can.

I named my tulpa Shikumara and she is fish person who can transform into a koi fish. Her base traits are kind, optimistic, and sociable. But I'm having a hard time looking at her face and active forcing in general.

I noticed that when I try and force my mind gets super distracted with any kind of noise. (no really i got a 25% on the blocking out sound test) I also notice that I go into my "reviewing what happened over the day" mode and I completely forget about forcing. I also have a hard time in talking about nothing and everything. I could try pointing my "reviewing what happened over the day" thoughts towards my tulpa but it much different from actually talking cause its more like little videos in my mind then me pointing out what I did wrong.

Could I do that? Maybe I could set up a tv in my wonderland and we could watch it together? Is that considered active forcing?

The face is the hardest to visualize according to most people I've talked to. Visualize the face in different sections, zoom in to add whatever details you want, and then work towards combining those into the whole image.

If you're getting distracted by outside sounds, wear earplugs or put on audio that's not too distracting or harsh like pink/brown noise. What do you mean by "reviewing what happened over the day mode" -- do you just recap things in your mind? Even if you find it hard to direct these mental "videos" to your tulpa, you could always describe them to her. If you're having an issue with coming up with things to narrate about, it doesn't take much--look around you, describe the environment, talk about memories, share your current feelings. If there's a movie or a show you're familiar with that's playing, tell them what you think about it and why you feel that way. Keep in mind that it's quantity>quality, too, so don't worry about narrating random gibberish; as long as it's directed towards your tulpa, it's beneficial.

Edit: I sort of went off in directions that might've made this hard to read, I apologize.

The recap thing is mostly for embressing moments and it doesn't really have to had happened that day. It could of happened years ago. But I am still mad at myself for it. I relize it might be only me who does this since I have so much free time.

Thx for the tip for forcing. I don't want to be lazy with shikumara. I don't watch tv but I can take a few nature walks.

Drink more water. A lot of headaches can be sourced back to dehydration or neck tension, and this (keeping hydrated) is one of the reasons it's advised to drink orange juice when experiencing tulpaforcing-induced headaches. In general, you should drink more water. Just across the board it's helpful, especially if you are aware that you don't drink enough water.

If you're having difficulty visualizing, try making her form static as opposed to turning into a fish, at least for now. For distractions, you could use isochronic tones or binaural beats or the sort of pink/brown noise mentioned earlier. I'm not sure of other songs like it, but Weightless by Marconi Union has had some small success with helping people while forcing here, even though the song was designed by sound engineers to put people to sleep.

It sounds like your "review mode" thing is something called rumination. Try looking up ways to help you break out of that mentally unhealthy behavior cycle by using that keyword.

January 10th 2016

it been more then a week since I started on January 2th. Over this week I had change my tulpa's name from alexis to Shikumara. I had been switching between working on personality, working on her looks, and narrating. I'll think I'll keep doing that for the next week too. Remembering her base personality traits has gotten really easy but I still need work and the more detailed personality bits. When I have tryed asking for head pressures in certain areas it took a long time for my tulpa to respond or I was ignored. I decided that I'm not gonna care if I'm parroting or not because some could be my tulpa trying to speak to me. I'm still having troubles active forcing because its hard for me to focus but I'm not even close from giving up. I try to passive force when I can but its extremely difficult.