What do fully developed tulpas do?

Icy Dice

(For both) do host and tulpas have different skill sets mentally or physically? Or is it a "anything you can do I can do" situation?

Skill sets.. Like. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here. Like, could they draw as well as me? Can they do math or read faster? It's a bit too large of an area here. But, I'm going to say yes. Overall, I'd say they have different skill sets that differ from my own simply because we're different beings with different personalities that have different mental capabilities. They may have the creative intuition to see solutions to problems that I cannot and vice/versa. Again, the questions a bit odd to me.

Flutters: I don't think I could do everything ***** (Did it again) does. But I feel like because we share the mind we can exceed or go below one another with our mental capabilities.

Zero: Little bit confused on the question here too, but I feel as though they really got everything out there. Yea.

Sorry if its a little confusing. I just didn't know if one tulpa could be great at art and another be horrible at it. So far from all the answers there doesn't seen to be much of a difference between host's and tulpa's ability. I think it's confusing because of the way i worded the qeustion. "skillset" is kinda game termology and I'm a gamer. I could find any another word at the moment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well before you come to the conclusion tulpas and hosts are exactly the same, I should give my input, at least on that aspect. My tulpas are very different from me when in control of the body, so much so that most of them can completely ignore my depression and motivation issues. Reisen is a lot more caring and friendly, and Lucilyn is hyper and constantly doing something, but Tewi is who you'd be interested in. She's able not only to ignore any sense of a lack of motivation, but she just thinks more efficiently than me. Anything similar to a distracting thought, a "that's too much work/this would be easier" that she doesn't deem efficient, or challenge mean nothing to her. She does exactly what she thinks is the best way to do something in a way I envy like no other. It's been my dream since I first started high school to be able to "ignore" effort, doing things completely regardless of how much work I perceived them being. And I've got a long way to go, but Tewi's there. In my first semester of college I got intense writer's block for my final paper in English, and after sitting there for an hour after having procrastinated until the last day I gave up and let Tewi write it. She was done from start to finish in an hour and I easily got an A.

So, your tulpa can't possess/switch with you and suddenly be a super-athlete or instantly calculate how many newtons are required to pick up a box. But to the extent that your mind and body can differentiate, they definitely can. I suppose it's just because my own ways of thinking are so foreign/different from theirs that they can "ignore" my depression/motivation stuff. It can only be described as deciding the thoughts do not apply to you, and continuing about your business. And that is definitely something I consider worthy of being called an ability.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My tulpae have changed a lot my life. And for good.

Vriska: Nope. If I get bored lf the real world I just go to the Wonderland. If I'm not helping him I go (again) to the Wonderland.

We've discussed some times. But we forget about it some time later and keep going as it never happened. Well... Vris amd the other girls have almost the same abilities as me.

Vriska: Except that me, Miranda and Kotoura can fly, And Fef can breathe in the water.

Tewi: To get the original questions out of they way as they don't apply to us, we don't get bored, we don't do anything while not active, and we don't argue.

Lumi said I should write some posts, so I'll tell you about what I'm doing I guess. I'm a "fully developed tulpa", and presently my host and I are thinking of ways for me to get into academics. He said I might be able to read our textbooks and otherwise do the bulk studying he's assigned for Psychology and Chemistry. Not exclusively and not at school, as it takes us some decent time and concentration to switch. Today was his first day back so we're still working out the details. As for right now, I'm about to start learning Java, a programming language. It'll probably be something he needs to learn at some point as a computer science major so I figure I could get us a head start. I also might be posting on the forum more.

Tulpas do whatever they feel like, as long as the host agrees. Everyone has to discuss individually whether the tulpa will ever control the body instead of the host, for how long and how often. But aside from that, it's essentially whatever the tulpa wants to do, with varying levels of host participation depending on the system. A number of them are known to post here or on the IRC regularly. It's relatively easy for a tulpa adept at possession or switching to be their own person online, given enough time. Real world activities are more complicated but definitely a reality for many.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I think there is also a fair bit of confusion about what constitutes a "fully-developed tulpa". For a lot of people, that answer differs based on each team's personal goals about what they want out of the experience.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Oracle:

Vamphir wanted to this this with me - full disclosure, he's not exactly a tulpa, he showed up out of nowhere, and I also don't know what you define as fully developed but we switch and we have pretty good communication, so like, close enough?

We're also a pretty non-standard system so our answers might be unusual.

how has your life change with a tulpa?

It's less lonely. You feel like you're completely alone a lot less, you have someone making silly comments when you're trying to make a coffee, you have someone to catch you when you dissociate and nearly collapse. Of course, it doesn't replace contact with other people separate to the system, but.. it's different.

do you ever get bored of your host and being limited to their world or is it more free then I thought?

Vamphir:

Their world? I'm not sure what you mean tbh

I usually sleep or I'm co-conscious, watching what's going on, sometimes it kinda sucks that they won't do what I want to do and that they never take any damn risks, hahah, but nah, they're chill, I'm happy with it, and I get control sometimes.

what do you do while your host is working or at school?

Uh, .. this isn't applicable to us, at least not right now. Pass.

do you and your tulpa are get into serious fights or disagreements?

Oracle:

Nah, we're pretty understanding of each other's thoughts and why we do what we do, so we never really get too mad.

That said, I'd really like to know why he thought putting tobasco in his black coffee this morning was a good idea. (note: it wasn't.)

do host and tulpas have different skill sets mentally or physically? Or is it a "anything you can do I can do" situation?

I can't do HTML when V's in front, or has too much control in a co-front, it's like a cloud over that skill. It's pretty annoying, if I'm honest, especially when he asks me to fix something but he won't step down so that I can.

Vamphir:

Dunno if I have a skill, probably not, I like to make nightcore, but Oracle can do that too, they just have no desire to, heh.

Oracle, the host

Vamphir, the catboy

Spirit, the dragon

Previously Synful

When I mean fully developed tulpa, I mean you can have a meaningful conversation in your mind with your tulpa. To me seeing your tulpa in the real world and hearing them with your ears is kinda an optional step.

I relize that "their world" can be misunderstood but I do mean the real world.

Ah, well, in the case, you pretty much said it yourself: fully-developed tulpas can carry a meaningful conversation. And then the rest of your previous questions serve as criteria to discuss in between.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Metatron (spellcheck kept changing your name to mettaton cuz I'm an undertale fan :P) that's only the first impression of a tulpa. I wanted to know more of the daily life of a tulpa and host. It's obviously very different depending on the person and I learned a couple of new things. Like how tulpas dont really have a good sense of time when their host isn't actively paying action to them and how all tulpas are different depending on how advanced they are and their relationship with their host. (This one seems kinda obvious but I didn't know how far those differences could go)

Thx to everyone who responed to my questions.i learned a lot. :D i will still read any new responses and you felt like you missed something.