What do fully developed tulpas do?

Icy Dice

Like how tulpas dont really have a good sense of time when their host isn't actively paying action to them

Did you mean to say "Like how some tulpas..."? There are plenty of tulpas that would disagree (and plenty that would agree) that your blanket statement would apply to them. I've even heard of tulpas having different sleep schedules, allowing the tulpa to wake up the host, including the host's body, which certainly would involve proper time perception not only while the host is not paying attention to them, but also while the host is asleep. Same thing with lucid dreams. Maybe I'm just pushing back a bit much, but this statement could easily be interpreted as saying the tulpa is "less real" when the host is not actively giving the tulpa less attention.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacquer maybe some tulpa are just more real then others, who really knows... But anyway moving along the philosophical stuff, the reason I say that is that apparently when your working and your tulpa is doing their own things(building their castle or whatever) that they dont really feel the time. Like if they get bored they could just go into a sleep state or something (extreme form of zoning out?) and wake up whenever. To be honest tho, i dont really know what I'm talking about, but that what I gathered so far.

Lacquer maybe some tulpa are just more real then others, who really knows... But anyway moving along the philosophical stuff, the reason I say that is that apparently when your working and your tulpa is doing their own things(building their castle or whatever) that they dont really feel the time. Like if they get bored they could just go into a sleep state or something (extreme form of zoning out?) and wake up whenever. To be honest tho, i dont really know what I'm talking about, but that what I gathered so far.

Temar:

What Lacquer's getting at is that what you're saying doesn't apply to all tulpae. It's not anything against you; the first thing my system learned when entering the plurality community was to avoid sweeping generalizations. There is pretty much nothing that all tulpae have in common. You might have noticed a trend, but that doesn't mean it's universal, yeah?

Just a pitfall to watch out for going forward. Otherwise, you're liable to get the exceptions speaking up.

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

I had written a paragraph for you sparrow to explain my words but then delated it because it was repetitive, stupid, and hard to understand. I didn't relize I needed to speak clearly since everyone wants to be a lawyer now. Sorry if you misunderstood me, I have a horrible reputation for being vague. Now let's move on to humor shall we?

Sooooo what your trying to say when it comes to tulpae is that...

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

Troy: I would put it rather as, "The only real limitations on what you can and cannot do are relative to the host. How much time they have to work on their tulpa, what aspects of their tulpa they work on, what they imagine is or isn't possible in the mindscape, and of course, anything pertaining to the physical body may well have it's own limitations."

If there is anything I have learned from our venture into tulpamancy, it is that reality is surprisingly subjective.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Yes I understand that a tulpa is ment for companionship and you can talk to them and stuff, but...

(For host) how has your life change with a tulpa?

At this point, I have had at least one tulpa for the majority of my life. It is difficult to know whether any given change over that time is due to the presence of a tulpa, or just the usual personal development that would have occurred over that time anyway. I guess that I can say that I never need to feel alone, that I can take advantage of having access to different points of view on any situation, select from multiple solutions to any problem, because I can have three different personalities participate in the events of my life. I suppose that would be change to my life as a result of having them. I think that I would call that a positive change.

(For tulpa) do you ever get bored of your host and being limited to their world {the real world} or is it more free then I thought?

Maya: Do you ever get bored of being limited to your world {the real world}? For me the outside world is a source of stimuli. It provides things that are interesting to look at and talk about. I do not find it boring. As for getting bored with Ake, it hasn't happened yet. I have been frustrated with him at times, but never bored. I have never wished that I had a different host or that I was talking to someone other than him, or had any other signs of boredom when I am interacting with him. We grew up together. We are close.

(For tulpa) what do you do while your host is working or at school?

Maya: I help with whatever he is doing. I keep him company.

Mara: Hang around. Comment. Bite.

(For host) do you and your tulpa are get into serious fights or disagreements?

As a rule no. We have done on occasion. Rather we did get into a significant disagreement concerning a serious situation. The discussion escalated, words were said, points were made strenuously. We have never stopped talking to each other over a disagreement. We have agreed to disagree. They were right, in this particular case.

(For both) do host and tulpas have different skill sets mentally or physically? Or is it a "anything you can do I can do" situation?

I have no idea. Each of us definitely has different interests. There are definitely things that each of us could do that we don't. Mara posting on .info for example. I don't know whether the range of things that each of us could do differs from each other, or whether we could indeed do those things just as well as each other but don't because of differing interests.

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

Yes I understand that a tulpa is ment for companionship and you can talk to them and stuff, but...

(For host) how has your life change with a tulpa?

Honestly, the plus sides outweigh the downsides by an insurmountable margin. The amount of great times and insightful conversations I've had with Hybris completely makes up for spending an hour forcing every day (which in itself is fun most of the time).

(For tulpa) do you ever get bored of your host and being limited to their world {the real world} or is it more free then I thought?

"No. I can't really say that I have ever been bored with my host around, and 'limited' isn't a real thing when you exist in the imagination."

(For host) do you and your tulpa are get into serious fights or disagreements?

I can count the number of times where we have raised our voices at each other on one hand. However, it still happens, and that is a normal part of being intimate with any being with a personality.

(For both) do host and tulpas have different skill sets mentally or physically? Or is it a "anything you can do I can do" situation?

Well, obviously, tulpas can do certain things easily that cause us difficulty, such as interact with the subconscious, wake us up at certain times, and recalling lost memories.

"However, these are things that humans can accomplish with enough effort, so from my point of view, anything that a tulpa can do, a normal person can do."