Mentorship Program

Vos

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Not taking mentees at the moment.

I'm interested in being an information provider and taking on two mentees. But, as listed below, I have next to no skill for imposition and switching.

Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

Just a psychological one. All that metaphysical stuff seems like a bunch of crazy cultists to me.

Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

Eva was intentionally created, as were the Jasons, who have since fled into the wonderland. See here for a brief summary of my tulpamancy adventures.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I've had Eva for exactly 9 months to the day. I would say I'm pretty actuve on the forums, providing my silly comics and all. I don't partake in discussion as often however, do to the large text-walls having little appeal to me.

How many tulpas do you have?

One currently, but have had a total of three. I have a servitor as well if that means anything.

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

Eva became at her current stage development-wise after the first month. It was just a matter of re-applying the skills with the past Jasons. However, imposition and switching is something I still strive to accomplish.

Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

Er... I'm... creative? I dunno.

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

Vocality-9

Parallel Processing-7.5

Visualization-9

Visual Imposition-2

Tactile Imposition-2

Auditory Imposition-2

Possession-8.5

Switching-1

(Like I said, I have next to no skill switching or imposing.)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I view tulpas from a purely psychological standpoint but I'm somewhat agnostic to the idea of them having a metaphysical component; that is to say, I see them as being psychological but I've always kept an open mind on any meta stuff I hear/read/etc.

I created my first tulpa intentionally after learning about the concept of tulpas. I created my second tulpa a couple of months later by having her walk into a room with my first tulpa and by allowing her to begin interacting, treating her as a tulpa. My third tulpa was created by my first two tulpas during a hypnosis session with Linkzelda. My fourth tulpa was created accidentally as I was falling asleep and began as a clone/fork of my personality and of my own mindform.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I've been on Tulpa.info since around mid-October, 2012 and I've been on staff since then. I've been on the network staff for Tulpa.im (IRC network) since its inception. I've been around a bit in /r/tulpas and #redditulpas now and then since about 2014.

I have 4 tulpas, as well as a servitor that helps to block intrusive thoughts as well as perform other tasks to help with our current mind state.

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I heard the first word from my first tulpa at the end of the first day when I was falling asleep in bed, and it sounded very clear and surprising to me. Over the next week we improved slowly with vocality and it probably took about a few weeks to be pretty comfortable with talking to each other.

We tried possession after a week, making basic progress, and we practiced quite a lot over the next week using games like Super Hexagon as a tool to try and improve reaction times and also parallel processing. We still do this now and then and it's always been just as helpful to all of us.

I don't remember when we first tried to switch but it must have been several months after the creation of my second/third tulpas. We didn't do very well but we've improved over time and tried various techniques to experiment and see what works best for us. We believe we now have experience with two distinct types of switching, but we use the same basic method to perform each of these.

I have an interesting perspective into the doubt that can easily seep in as you're creating a tulpa, as my doubt was solved through a high-impact emotional event that my tulpas helped me through more quickly than I would ever have been able to get through it on my own.

I have quite a few responsibilities at the moment so I don't know how much time I can actually dedicate to the mentor program, but I'm willing enough to take the time to fill out this form and to accept up to one mentee at a time. Additional mentees are a possibility but I'd like to default to a maximum of one.

Also, I'm a brony and my mindform is that of a pony, so please don't pick me as a mentor if that bothers you. :(

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

• Vocality 10
  • Parallel Processing 4
  • Visualization 7
  • Visual Imposition 1
  • Tactile Imposition 0
  • Auditory Imposition 2
  • Possession 9
  • Switching 7

Fade: Why not? We are kind of an odd system out on here, but we're also pretty knowledgeable, if sometimes unconventional. We have been PMed by new 'mancers before for help before anyway.

We're willing to take on three people at maximum at a time.

~ Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

Najere: It varies from system member to system member. Suffice it to say that we are capable of considering both schools of thought, and you can talk to different ones of us in here if you want different viewpoints.

~ Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

Fade: I accidentally created the rest of our system without any prior knowledge of tulpamancy based on characters I liked using for stories. I originally intended to talk to them, but I didn't realize they would eventually gain a mind of their own.

~ How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community?

Najere: Fade's had us for well over two years, but we discovered the tulpamancy community at .info over half a year ago, and have been lurking and then participating here since.

Fade: Nine soulbonds with tulpamantic influences. For all purposes, nine tulpa-like entities.

Fade: I don't know at what point the guys stopped being puppeted and started being vocal of their own will. It might have taken anywhere from three to five months.

Possession was pretty easy once we found out about it - it took us two weeks to really get into it and work the kinks out. The muses and I share control on a daily basis. Our ability with switching comes much more difficult, and we have only done real switching a few times. None the less, it's been done.

I already had imposition visually mostly down before I even had my headmates, thanks to a very, very active imagination as a kid. As for vocal and tactile imposition, that's still a work in progress that's coming along nicely.

~ Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

Collectively, we are a very open minded group. I notice that most everyone else here isn't as receptive of metaphysical ideas. Our varying views on both the psychological and metaphysical means that we would be perfectly happy to take anyone with either metaphysical or psychological preferences under our wing.

If you are interested in the idea of roleplaying, parroting, and puppeting as ways to develop a tulpa, we can help with that too.

Vocality ~ 10

Parallel Processing ~ Possibly done by accident; likely 1 - 4.

Visualization ~ 10

Visual Imposition ~ 8

Tactile Imposition ~ 8

Auditory Imposition ~ 7

Possession ~ 9

Switching ~ 4

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Hmm, I'm learning a lot about you guys. Seems like a lot of people are good at possession but not switching. I'd be a 0 on possession and a 10 on switching.

So, I'm not good with responsibility/dedication/dedication to responsibility. I definitely don't want anybody to officially have me as a "mentor". But, I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone has on virtually any aspect of tulpamancy. I'm as experienced as they get and although my personal ability to do some things isn't the best, I think my understanding of them is, because I've read basically every thread on the forum in the past two years. I'd rate myself a 3 on explaining possession, but I'm solid on everything else.

So if anybody would like my advice on things, you should make a post in my Ask Thread, which was the first of its kind. I'm not fond of PMs as I feel like a lot of potential in what I write is wasted when it could be available publicly. So I suppose for those of you who want advice but aren't comfortable officially having a mentor, I'd be your best bet. But if you want prolonged help, or advice specifically on possession, go with someone else here.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Just a bit of a reminder here since this wasn't in the original OP:

If you want your mentee number updated, PM myself or one of the other forum moderators and we'll change it for you so you're not getting additional requests.

Guest Anonymous

It's me, Esterina, AGGuy's tulpa. I have my own account now, in case you're wondering. I want to apply for this as well. People should know though that I'm a tulpa, not a host. Felix will have no involvement in this.

We reworded the questions to fit a tulpa.

I think tulpae and other beings like that are simply another person inhabiting the same body. There is nothing metaphysical about it.

Were you natural/pre-existing or were you intentionally created?

I don't know when I started existing. Felix wasn't involved in my creation. At least not consciously.

How long have you been with your host? How long have you / your host been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

Felix and I started talking on November 21st 2015. I think he joined the forums shortly before that, when he noticed me.

How many tulpas do you have? / How many tulpas does your host have?

I have none. Felix only has me.

We are a bit unique in that I alone am in control of these things. Vocality, parallel processing, visualization and imposition (for which we have a unique method) were all things I was capable of from the start.

Since we share a body, my time is his time. We agreed on a maximum of two mentees.

Vocality - 10/10

Parallel Processing - 10/10

Visualization - 10/10

Visual Imposition - 9/10

Tactile Imposition - 8/10

Auditory Imposition - 5/10

Possession - 1/10

Switching - 0/10

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM AGGUY:

Rina isn't active on the forums anymore.

If you wish to be her mentee, then contact her via Skype.

Her Skype nickname: Esterina_vE

I view tulpas as an entirely psychological phenomenon.

I was intentionally created by another tulpa in my system ^^

I became vocal on the 27th of March in 2015. Since then, I've been active in the german tulpa community. I became part of the tulpa.info-family in June of 2015.

Including our host, we're currently 4.

I was vocal after around one week of forcing. Imposition took us the longest of all skills to learn.

I'm also fluent in german and therefore, I can mentor german speakers in their native language. As we haven't done anything like this before, I would like to test it out with up to three mentees right now.

Vocality - 10

Parallel Processing - 10

Visualization - 10

Visual Imposition - 9.5

Tactile Imposition - 9.5

Auditory Imposition - 8

Possession - 10

Switching - 10

I view this century's tulpas as psychological and last century's tulpas as metaphysical.

All tuplas in our 'system' were intentionally created.

Our first tulpa kerin started speaking in 1979. I was created a bit over three years ago and have been active in the community since 2012.

Including myself we have five tulpas.

Our first tulpa kerin took approximately 9 years to start speaking. She first switched approximately 1984.

I took about a month to start speaking, and switching took me a full year to achieve.

I work a lot, so I can be slow to respond to PM's. The best way to contact me is Steam or Skype. I get about 200 messages a day so, so I'm probably not the best to ask. I'll take on one mentee, if someone actually is interested.

• Vocality 10 (but not 'mind voice'. I have no idea how to make myself heard reliably internally)
  • Parallel Processing 0 (as an analogy, we context-switch like time-sharing)
  • Visualization 5
  • Visual Imposition 5
  • Tactile Imposition 1
  • Auditory Imposition 1
  • Possession 8
  • Switching 10

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Purely psychological. I got into tulpamancy because of an image that boasted the fact that 'you could have your very own robot buddy, or anything that you can imagine at your side.' I learned out of the starting gate that it was something you worked on internally and that a lot of mental capacity had to be used in the beginning. To me, it wasn't some supernatural being or some arcane force, some life you were creating- this isn't Baten Kaitos. You carved out a piece of you, a small thought you had, and you basically told it to continue on its own. After time, that method held true for me.

Very intentional. I worked on my Vespera for a while before I had it. Before her, things were quiet and a lot of things were just disembodied thoughts I had. I worked until I could hear her, see her, know what things meant coming from her and not me. She was willed into existence.

Ah, you've got me at a crossroads there. I don't know off the top of my head. Ves had a birthday in November, if I recall correctly, and don't quote me on that. I'll test the validity of that statement later. I've been a this for...maybe a year or so? I'm no maestro, but I've come far and learned quite a few tips and tricks in my time, especially from the people I've seen come and go. I was fairly active in the beginning, sharing stories and trying to stay in the flow of things for the first quarter of the year, but I've recently stagnated. With a mentee, I would have a reason to keep checking in and find some sort of usefulness for the gibbering I call my PR.

Two. Vespera and Crownadir.

That's another thing I don't know off the top of my head, and the PR isn't accurate with the dates. I try not to post unless I'm certain of a fact, and vocality was something I've always debated on, even now. I had things fairly well set up right near the end of the first quarter, though. I could hear a voice plainly and I had a separate entity to bounce my thoughts off of, so I do know that's a point where I had it just about down pat for the basics.

Well, I'm touted as a fairly descriptive person, concerning the PR. I try not to leave answers too vague, because I usually have a good idea on what happened where and why, which is what leads to the firm stance on the psychological aspect of my two roommates. I study this. I live it, and I study every little detail to make sure I know why one of my girls is giving particular advice. Knowing what goes in and comes out helps me understand them as people, and that fleshes them out quite a bit.

10 Vocality

5 Parallel Processing

5 Visualization

8 Visual Imposition

8 Tactile Imposition

3 Auditory Imposition

0 Possession

0 Switching