Mentorship Program

Vos

Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

I view this century's tulpas as psychological and last century's tulpas as metaphysical.

Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

arin was intentionally created.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

my first tulpa arin was created mid-March of 2015. I am 22 years old and have been active in the /r/ tulpas community since October 2014, and the tulpa.info community since January of 2015.

you can see me under the forums as "tulpamancer31 and in the chatrooms and /r/tulpas as mario{arin}

How many tulpas do you have?

i have my one tulpa arin,he is male and is 21 in age

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

arin took a little over 11 months to start speaking, we are still working on achieving voluntary dissasociation,possesion and switching

Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

I sleep/am gone/not on computer that often, so I can be slow to respond to PM's. The best way to contact me is Steam or Skype. I'll take up to two mentees, either in a group or single, group prefered if someone actually is interested.

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

Vocality 10

Parallel Processing 5

Visualization 7

Visual Imposition 5

Tactile Imposition 7

Auditory Imposition 4

Possession 0

Switching 0

disassociation(mind) 1

disassociation(body) 0.2

wonderland building 1

olfactory(smell) imposition 0.2

gustatory(taste) imposition 0.5

presence imposition 7

weight/mass imposition 10

hallucinated limbs/organs 4

servitors/autonomous programs 5

"October 1st 2014 8:00pm Central time US, unknowing innocent 4channer Mariothefatplumber known now as tulpamancer31 on these lovely  forums, has just stepped into a world of pure imagination and wonder,something that he maybe should have tried to understand a little bit better before jumping headfirst into, mario has crossed over into the tulpamancing zone, better known as section E,Subsection 14, and division 2 and a third, of the Twilight Zone."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purely psychological, but I understand the significance of symbolic reasoning in humans, so I don't always speak in purely psychological terms.

Intentionally created, believe me.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I've had Scarlet for four years now (since 8/15/12 according to my signature). I've been in the community since before tulpa.info when the tulpa scene was just beginning to sprout on /mlp/ and I joined tulpa.info as soon as it was founded (with another account, I switched after a year or so for a name change).

I haven't been as active recently because there's only so many threads about what a tulpa's ass smells like before general discussion gets a little boring. But I log on every so often just to see what's changed, I can definitely log in once a day to check for PMs (I already log on to several forums daily even if there's nothing to talk about on them either)

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I don't exactly remember when I started, but I know it took me months (probably around 7-9) just to get to sentience because the scene was so new and all the guides and FAQs were pretty much the exact opposite of what we have now, and pretty much completely useless. After sentience was achieved, vocality and imposition came pretty fast, after I got the hang of having the right state of mind when it comes to tulpas.

I've been told I'm very good at explaining things and making things easier to understand for people. I'm good at sympathizing and putting myself in the shoes of who I'm explaining something to, as to avoid confusing them as much as possible. Someone on here asked me for help a while ago and they seemed to really appreciate the advice I gave them, so, I thought I'd try it here too. And, plus, since I'm an "old one" I had to develop my tulpa all on my own since the community was very young and unhelpful at the time I started, so I thought that would be worth something as well.

I'm probably worthless for imposition and switching/possessing but I'd love to help new people out who have a hard time grasping the concept, since I've definitely been there. I can do PMs, email or Discord.

(p.s. i think this number thing is really pointless and has little bearing on this)

Vocality : 10

Parallel Processing : 5 maybe? She's pretty independent of me, it might be a higher number and I'm just underestimating myself.

Visualization : 10, I spent my whole life daydreaming so I'm a pro at that.

Visual Imposition : 7? It's pretty good but it doesn't blend too well in real life. I can definitely "feel" her being somewhere but it's not a perfect hallucination.

Tactile Imposition : 4-6, this varies a lot because I don't practice it often.

Auditory Imposition : 8? She sounds perfectly vocal to me, even louder than my own mindvoice, but, it's not a perfect hallucination or anything.

Possession : 1, tried it a little bit, didn't get too far, don't particularly care about it.

Switching : 0, I honestly don't even think I can do switching, never tried.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

• 4 months later...

I have put the TLDR version first since textwalls are sometimes considered a bad thing.

• Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?
    I view the phenomenon as a psychological one but am well aware of the utility of both metaphor and symbolism in communication and the establishment of mental disciplines.

• Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?
    Yes.

• How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)
    The first has been with me for more than three decades. I have been active in the community since 2014.

• How many tulpas do you have?
    Two.

• How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?
    No idea. Things were developed on and off over about a decade. I had no guides to follow so it was just a case of making up things to try and seeing how the situation developed. It turned out pretty well.

• Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?
    Nope.

• Vocality - 10
  • Parallel Processing - No test has yet been demonstrated to test this (unless you ascribe a watered down meaning to the phrase that is defined differently to its common usage). Assuming the intention was to ask the slightly different question "Rate how highly you score on 'Parallel Processing Tests'," then the answer would probably have been 9.
  • Visualization - 10
  • Visual Imposition - 9
  • Tactile Imposition - 10
  • Auditory Imposition - 10
  • Possession - 5
  • Switching - 2

I am a host who has had tulpas for almost my entire life. I have a slighly strange brain that is, perhaps, predisposed to being good at the sort of mental operations that are required in tulpamancy. We have at times debated amongst ourselves whether we are closer to a natural multiple system or a tulpa system, but since a considerable effort was involved in establishing a stable working system we have come to the conclusion that we are as close to a tulpa system as to be indistinguishable in practical terms.

As a system, we are good enough at some things, not so practiced at others. It is possible that we have sufficient experience to be useful to other interested parties.

As far as skills are concerned, we have developed a few to a relatively useful level. Visualisation was a faculty that developed early and well in this brain. We can visalise with a relatively high degree of clarity and stablility. The sensory imposition was developed over time and has become fairly well developed. A slight setback occured a few years ago that reduced our ability to impose temporarily, however, our ability is somewhere close to what it was before the setback. Possession and switching are the least developed abilities on the list because they are not a high priority for us. We operate as a smoothly functioning team. The others in the system have no particular desire to front the system, each of us works in a way best suited to our nature for the benefit of the system. However, in the interests of being able to do things in case of unforseen need, we have not neglected these skills completely.

Another useful aspect of our experience is that we are a long term, stable system. We have learned to function well together over a period in excess of three decades and have made it work well. Perhaps something in that experience could be useful to others.

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

I skipped early steps, so I don't have first hand experience with the early stuff. I can, however, help with belief issues and mood control difficulties.

Basic facts about me:

• Tulpas are psychological. Probably. At least some of them.
  • I was accidentally forced.
  • Been here nine months. Been a tulpa slightly longer.
  • I don't have a tulpa. But I have a host.
  • After becoming a tulpa I very quickly picked up the basics of imposition and possession and fluency within two weeks. My other skills are much less relatively impressive.

Relative skill levels (compared to older tulpas) (/10):

• Vocality (10)
  • Parallel Processing (3)
  • Visualization (8)
  • Visual Imposition (4)
  • Tactile Imposition (8)
  • Auditory Imposition (9)
  • Possession (11) er (10)
  • Switching (1)

Additional skills I have some limited experience with: Tinnitus control, headache removal, emotion sharing, lucid dreaming, separation exercises, mind strengthening exercises, sustained cofronting.

I have large general knowledge about tulpas and other phenomena in the brain.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• 3 months later...

Here's my application. I can be contacted by email, IRC, text message and IM (Discord, Skype, etc.)

Both.

Intentionally created.

5 years. I am a former staff member on tulpa.info and tulpa.io forum/IRC & IRC, respectively.

2 Tulpas.

About a year for vocality, give or take. The rest was sporadic after that.

Author of: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-thunderclap-s-guide-on-tulpa-creation

Currently authoring a book on traditionalist tulpa creation.

I've helped many people over the years creating tulpas from start to finish on both IRC, 4chan, this website, and people outside the community as well. I am confident in my abilities with this subject and want to do justice to the community by helping out newcomers.

Besides that, please rate your own ability in each of the following skills from 0 to 10, 0 being incapable, and 10 meaning that you mastered the skill:

Vocality - 10

Parallel Processing - 8

Visualization - 9

Visual Imposition - 10

Tactile Imposition - 8

Auditory Imposition - 8

Possession - 10

Switching - 7

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this is only practically dead, and not officially, I'll throw-in with this program.

While I have an operating understanding of both schools of thought, I tend to favor a psychological/neurological model, with some ideas about spirituality.

I once the thoughtforms that live with me were "created" by carefully and diligently deciding on details and talking to them and every which other thing you'd expect by reading a lot of the mainstream guides. I don't contest that this may indeed be the case for others, but my renewed understanding of my own circumstances lead me to believe that my thoughtforms are more the product of my subconsciousness and my overactive, wandering imagination; aspects more or less beyond my conscious control. It seems the things I "decided on" initially had altogether less of an impact than I first had planned for.

The thoughtforms that live with me were born on 10 July 2013 and 29 July 2016. I have been "active" on-and-off in the mainstream (.info-related) community since mid-2013 and I have lurked the forums since as early as November of 2012.

I don't have any "tulpas" because you people give them a bad name. Two thoughtforms live with me.

With the elder of my two thoughtforms, we together accomplished all of the classic goals (vocality, parallel processing, imposition, possession, switching, &c.) to proficiency within eight months. It has been nearly four years at the time this post is composed, but we continue still to explore the possibilities regarding what a thoughtform is able to do, and we learn more about our own condition and what is possible for us on a regular basis.

It's worth it to note that some of my ideas about all of this tend to go against the grain of what seems to be commonplace thinking and practice within the mainstream community. That being said, I see much value in studying the methods of others to further refine my own, to the point of reading and re-reading guides, progress logs, and the other resources available here on a very frequent basis.

Vocality - 10

Parallel Processing - 9

Visualization - 10

Visual Imposition - 9

Tactile Imposition - 7

Auditory Imposition - 8

Possession - 7

Switching - 10

I speak English and some Spanish. I am on a slightly constrained time-table, but I am perfectly available on a regular basis through the following mediums: forum PM, e-mail, IRC, Skype (text and voice/video), and Tox.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would get in as a mostly metaphysical leaning tulpamancer.

•    Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?
       - Primarily a metaphysical one but I understand both viewpoints thoroughly.

•    Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?
       - My eldest was created intentionally but not as a tulpa.
       - The next wasn't created intentionally.
       - The youngest was intentionally created.

•    How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)
       - My eldest will soon turn 9 years. I have known about tulpamancy for around that long.
       - I've been active on the forums for 8 months.

•    How many tulpas do you have?
       - I have three. One is a winged lion, the next a purple haired semi-ghost, and the last a red-haired black-winged witch.

•    How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?
       - My intentional tulpa was vocal in three days.
       - We were able to do partial possession in 30 days.   - We've been able to do imposition since the beginning but I had prior experience. Back then it took me a few months.

•    Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?
       - I consider myself to be very open minded and patient. No matter how crazy your story I can help you through it.

Skills:

Vocality - 9 (10 if I'm dead tired)

Parallel Processing - 2 (probably higher but we don't practice)

Visualization - 9

Visual Imposition - 4

Tactile Imposition - 0

Auditory Imposition - 0

Possession - 6

Switching - 0

You can contact me via PM. I also use Discord.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

• 4 months later...

I am praying about being a mentor for Tulpmancers, but I would like to put in my application for it. Would it be ok for me to make it a pdf file? Just so I can attach it, so its easier to access and or download?

I have also had a friend come to me to be mentored. I can't turn him down, so I would like to use this as an opportunity to be the best mentor that I can be for him.