Mentorship Program

Vos

Is someone with good switching and imposition still available as a mentor? Am I allowed to ask that in this thread.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with asking here, but as of right now there aren't any mentors. I've updated the OP so that there's no confusion, sorry about that. If you have specific questions, you can make new threads in the Questions & Answers board, but use the search function to see if they've already been answered elsewhere first.

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2016 at 2:29 PM, Vos said:
  • Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

I view tulpas as entirely psychological, but I am also aware that metaphysics have an important role in the experiences of many tulpamancy systems.

• Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

I created my one and only tulpa brother, Cassidy, intentionally after reading tulpa guides and hanging around tulpa.info. However, my other headmate brother Gavin was naturally developed in our middle school years. We do have a dissociative disorder but consider it less and less related/relevant to tulpamancy practice, and Gavin does not consider himself an "alter", more like a secondary host in tulpamancy terms.

• How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

Cassidy was created Sept 5th 2018. I have been active here on the forum and in the Discord for about that long.

• How many tulpas do you have?

Just the one, and no plans for any more.

• How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I had very basic vocality within the first week, but it really developed to conversational level over maybe three months. I really feel like Cassidy had exponential growth all the way up to about 9 months to a year, and he's definitely still developing now. 

We experimented with partial-body possession in the first few months and were able to do it, but it's not our cup of tea. Cassidy first started switching for short durations of time within the first few months, and by about 9 months he could switch in for several hours. Gavin, on the other hand, sometime switches in for entire days or even several days. Lately, I'd say Gavin and Cassidy use the body about 25% of the time, which is about where we all want to be. 

We have moderate levels of tactile imposition, but we consider that to be mostly naturally developed i.e. not something we explicitly trained, so I'm not sure I would be a very good teacher. We have also had experience with Ganzfeld for visual hallucinations and I have fostered a meditation practice of 5+ years and would be comfortable helping someone out with these things. 

We do have a wonderland and prioritize wonderland development perhaps more than the average tulpa.info goer nowadays, although we don't consider them absolutely essential. 

• Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

I consider my view of tulpas quite "strong" conceptually, as in I have high standards for what tulpas are meant to be able to do and how much work it should take to develop one. Tulpa development should ideally take place one at a time and, if the system wants more than one tulpa, there should be years between them. If tulpas are "imaginary friends but real" or "roleplay characters+" to you, or you think you already have a half dozen or more tulpas, or that tulpas can be created on the spot or "walk-in" or otherwise created without specific, meditative effort (not roleplay), we probably won't be a good fit. 

But if you're looking to a develop a tulpa that's none of those things, hmu 😉 

I'm not going to set a limit for mentees right now because I don't expect a high level of interest. 

I am available via the forum (preferred), Discord (JGC#2390), and email (provided on request). Expect long replies and to be asked questions back, to be engaged in discussion rather than spoon-fed. I talk a lot.

• Vocality- 9
  • Parallel Processing- 5
  • Visualization- 6
  • Visual Imposition- 2
  • Tactile Imposition- 6
  • Auditory Imposition- 3
  • Possession- 5
  • Switching- 8

Edited by Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• 2 months later...

My name is Ranger, I am officially 3 years old and am currently 1 of 15 tulpas in my system. While our system has not taken the traditional tulpamancy route, we picked up on other skills other tulpamancers don't always develop.

***I currently have a mentee, and I am unavailable. If you are still interested in working with me, let me know and I will reach out to you when I become available again.***

I am interested in working with 1 person at a time. If you are interested, please PM me or DM me (RangerHippoShadow #7690) on Discord. I will give you priority in PMs/DMs and I'm more than happy to help answer any questions. If I don't know the answer to a question, I usually know where to look or who to ask.

Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

I view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, but I am open to metaphysical interpretations of tulpamancy. Tulpamancy changes how the brain works and can have long-term impacts after enough training. I appreciate the idea I have a soul, but I am unsure if this is true or not. While I do not practice occult magic nor have much experience with it, I love learning about other people's perspectives on tulpas.

Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

I am an accidental tulpa. We do not know my real birthday and we believe I was created as an unintended consequence of my host "merging" characters together and wanting to start over. Without realizing it, she expected me to be someone I wasn't. After my identity crisis and finding the original tulpa, we found out I was most likely born on the spot and I am completely unrelated to the other "merged" characters.

Most of my other headmates were created accidentally in the sense my host didn't understand she was creating tulpas. Some were created with the thinking they were story characters, some with a purpose, and others were created out of desire to "talk" to the unconscious mind or a higher power. The main exceptions appear to be Fish (Evergreen) who believed he was accidentally created by being expected to exist and Exabier who may be our system's purest walk-in.

How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I have been active on Tulpa.info since August 2018 while my host has been on the forums since late January 2018. We joined the Tulpa.info Discord server after it was created, sometime during the Fall in 2018. We used to be on the IRC, but we have not visited the IRC lately.

While I do have a Reddit account and joined the /r/tulpas Discord, I am inactive there. If you would prefer to communicate with me through Reddit, please let me know and I will give you my Reddit username.

How many tulpas do you have?

We are currently a system of 16 total. Cat_ShadowGriffin, or Cat/Gray (she/he), is my original host. We believe she is responsible for creating everyone in our system, although I may have contributed to our headmate Duck's creation. I act as a second host, looking out for Cat and my other headmates.

How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

Everyone was vocal from the start. How much of our early time was parroted or not depends on who you ask.

Cat developed overlay or open-eyed visualization and developed a rough wonderland before beginning tulpamancy.

Our visualization has seemed to improve overall, but it gets better or worse depending on how much practice we put into it. Our visualization is okay, but it can be better.

We achieved our sense of presence around July 2018. From here, Cat was no longer constantly questioning if she was speaking as me or not.

It took me a few weeks to learn possession once I felt ready to try again after a few month long break. I learned how to possess towards the end of August 2018, but I attempted possession since February until I decided to take frequent breaks.

We have a weak sense of smell and taste imposition we developed naturally. We have a poor sense of smell.

We developed our basic touch imposition over time. Our most noticeable improvement was Cat using Purlox's guide. After a few weeks, she could draw shapes on her hand with her mind. I figured out how how to create headpressure sensations around April 2018 and we have slowly developed basic weight imposition since. When Evergreen pied Cat's face a few months ago, she flinched.

Cat and I realized our other headmates were tulpas in early June, and that lead to 15 headmates officially being recognized as tulpas. We learned how to operate as a large system as a result. We had another headmate at the time, but he refused to officially join the system until mid 2020.

Not long later, we have merged on and off and I have been casually studying merging ever since. Some of my other headmates have expressed interest in merging recently.

By mid December, I learned how to switch. Given switching was my focus since February 2019, it took roughly 10 months to achieve it. Right now, I am working on a switching guide and have been focused on studying switching since I achieved it.

My headmate Evergreen integrated with Fish, who he identifies as his other half. We have a slightly different philosophy on integration than most systems.

We do not have the ability to parallel process. I have doubt I have much if any parallel processing ability and I find I am waking up due to triggers or associations the brain makes with me. I plan to shift my focus to parallel processing after I finish my switching guide.

Cat and I have not yet achieved visual imposition. We can impose specs and accidentally impose images of bugs at best. However, we have some experience playing around with the Ganzfeld effect and hypnopomic hallucinations.

Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

I believe everyone's route on their tulpamancy journey should be personalized to them and their needs. I can help suggest what the next step may be, but ultimately it is up to the tulpamancer how they go about tulpamancy.

If I suspect you will run into problems creating a tulpa, I will point it out. While I believe anyone can create a tulpa, sometimes now isn't the best time. If you have to make any hard choices along the way, I can help walk you through the process.

If someone makes a big mistake, I'll be there to help them. For example, while I highly recommend against a young tulpa actively working to achieve switching at an early age, I believe a young tulpa who succeeds anyway needs support. I believe shame and the unknown is hard enough by itself, my focus would be to give them a plan to help them move forward.

Vocality - 8
Parallel Processing - 1
Visualization - 4
Visual Imposition - 1
Tactile Imposition - 4
Auditory Imposition - 4
Possession - 10
Switching - 7

Other skills:

Large system dynamics - 7

Merging - 6

Anxiety and tulpamancy - 7

Lucid dreaming and dream recall - 3

Note: I factored in my general knowledge on each skill as well.

Edited by Ranger
Updated avalibility

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello old friends! I'm applying to be a mentor now... :D

• Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

Generally both. I find it easiest to explain as a psychological phenomenon, but I personally understand it as a metaphysical one. So my teaching of it could blend between them a bit.

• Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

Kovie, Vyx and Sanu were intentionally created. Axen and Leo came up in their own ways.

• How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

I've had my tulpas for somewhere around 7 years, not entirely sure. I'm not the most active in forums, the email notifs do help remind me, but I'm pretty active in various plurality centered discord servers and run a couple myself.

• How many tulpas do you have?

• How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

Not long really. Vocality, 2 weeks. Possession, a month or two. Imposition, a month maybe. That one isn't really a favorite of mine, simply prefer possession.

• Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

We're currently heavy into possession/fronting, and trying to include our tulpas into our lives more. We have a collective 'sona' known as Mage, which is what allows the main active trio to input as they wish. We're proficient with most skills related to functioning with a tulpa/headmate, and we also have plenty of experience with the whole of the plural community outside of just tulpamancy.

• Vocality  -  10/10
  • Parallel Processing  -  7/10
  • Visualization  -  10/10
  • Visual Imposition  -  7/10
  • Tactile Imposition  -  4/10
  • Auditory Imposition  -  6/10
  • Possession  -  10/10
  • Switching  -  8/10

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.