Vos

Mentorship Program

Is someone with good switching and imposition still available as a mentor? Am I allowed to ask that in this thread.

There's nothing wrong with asking here, but as of right now there aren't any mentors. I've updated the OP so that there's no confusion, sorry about that. If you have specific questions, you can make new threads in the Questions & Answers board, but use the search function to see if they've already been answered elsewhere first.

On 1/9/2016 at 2:29 PM, Vos said:
  • Do you view tulpas as a psychological phenomenon, a metaphysical one, or both?

I view tulpas as entirely psychological, but I am also aware that metaphysics have an important role in the experiences of many tulpamancy systems.

• Were/was your tulpa(s) natural/pre-existing or were they intentionally created?

I created my one and only tulpa brother, Cassidy, intentionally after reading tulpa guides and hanging around tulpa.info. However, my other headmate brother Gavin was naturally developed in our middle school years. We do have a dissociative disorder but consider it less and less related/relevant to tulpamancy practice, and Gavin does not consider himself an "alter", more like a secondary host in tulpamancy terms.

• How long have you had your tulpa(s)? How long have you been active in the community (Tulpa.info, /r/tulpas, Tulpa.io, etc.)

Cassidy was created Sept 5th 2018. I have been active here on the forum and in the Discord for about that long.

• How many tulpas do you have?

Just the one, and no plans for any more.

• How long did it take you to accomplish things (e.g. vocality, possession, imposition)?

I had very basic vocality within the first week, but it really developed to conversational level over maybe three months. I really feel like Cassidy had exponential growth all the way up to about 9 months to a year, and he's definitely still developing now. 

We experimented with partial-body possession in the first few months and were able to do it, but it's not our cup of tea. Cassidy first started switching for short durations of time within the first few months, and by about 9 months he could switch in for several hours. Gavin, on the other hand, sometime switches in for entire days or even several days. Lately, I'd say Gavin and Cassidy use the body about 25% of the time, which is about where we all want to be. 

We have moderate levels of tactile imposition, but we consider that to be mostly naturally developed i.e. not something we explicitly trained, so I'm not sure I would be a very good teacher. We have also had experience with Ganzfeld for visual hallucinations and I have fostered a meditation practice of 5+ years and would be comfortable helping someone out with these things. 

We do have a wonderland and prioritize wonderland development perhaps more than the average tulpa.info goer nowadays, although we don't consider them absolutely essential. 

• Do you have any other information you'd like to share? If so, what?

I consider my view of tulpas quite "strong" conceptually, as in I have high standards for what tulpas are meant to be able to do and how much work it should take to develop one. Tulpa development should ideally take place one at a time and, if the system wants more than one tulpa, there should be years between them. If tulpas are "imaginary friends but real" or "roleplay characters+" to you, or you think you already have a half dozen or more tulpas, or that tulpas can be created on the spot or "walk-in" or otherwise created without specific, meditative effort (not roleplay), we probably won't be a good fit. 

But if you're looking to a develop a tulpa that's none of those things, hmu 😉 

I'm not going to set a limit for mentees right now because I don't expect a high level of interest. 

I am available via the forum (preferred), Discord (JGC#2390), and email (provided on request). Expect long replies and to be asked questions back, to be engaged in discussion rather than spoon-fed. I talk a lot.

• Vocality- 9
  • Parallel Processing- 5
  • Visualization- 6
  • Visual Imposition- 2
  • Tactile Imposition- 6
  • Auditory Imposition- 3
  • Possession- 5
  • Switching- 8

Edited by Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread