Drakaina

Instilling Traits You Lack

Guest Anonymous

Well, I created the character Esterina, not the actual Esterina I live together with now, but I guess it ends up being about the same for that purpose... and yeah, Esterina is better than me at somethings.

She remembers things way better than me, and she's more reliable. And, well, due to being a copy of a Witch from my novels, she's has superhuman imagination and willpower, which is probably why she can create all sorts of huge places or entire worlds in our wonderland as quickly and easily as she says she can.

Greets,

AG

Don't worry about "treading on [your] tulpa's individuality" by giving it a starting point for its personality. That's just a base for your tulpa to build off of and deviate from into its own consciousness. What you're doing is less saying "this is what you are" and more convincing yourself that there is another consciousness in your head that looks like this. Past that point, things will develop naturally.

This was very very helpful, thank you. I'm coming from the therian community mindset where you shouldn't latch on, or let yourself imagine things because that leads to delusions. The truth is already in there, and will become clear on its own.

I'm learning tulpa creation is the exact opposite. Its all about creating something in your mind. I just need to keep reminding myself of that, I'm building and nurturing a life form. Architecture, not archeology. X3

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Guest Anonymous

Architecture, not archeology. X3

Neat analogy. ;)

But yeah, what you said roughly fits it. Don't worry too much about it.

Esterina and I didn't experience that sort of stuff, since her personality basically developed through her fictional form's life (which is thousands of years long), but from what I hear, it's best to simply dish out some traits to make a person and then let that person live their life and develop further, like any plain ol' human would too.

Greets,

AG

PS: Actually, if I absolutely had to name something here, I think the real Esterina is more relaxed and maybe a bit more... girlish than the fictional one.

Probably comes from not living in a world that's been at constant war for thousands of years, and not being directly involved in that constant war either. xP

Well, part of making a tulpa is the idea of "trusting your subconscious" in the sense that deviation is "what you really wanted all along", so to speak. Not to say that the tulpa already existed before you started making it, but rather the subconscious influence you have on your tulpa will turn it into something someone that better works for you and your mind and your brain. Even moreso if you are connecting your tulpa to the Jungian concepts of the anima/animus, shadow, etc. (although this does get complicated with multiple tulpas, but that's a discussion for anothet time).

I could incoherently ramble on more, but when it comes down to it, all you need to do is trust yourself and your tulpa, because things will all work out in the end.

Even moreso if you are connecting your tulpa to the Jungian concepts of the anima/animus, shadow, etc. (although this does get complicated with multiple tulpas, but that's a discussion for anothet time).

I've never heard this term before, Jungian. I'm not sure if it'll relate to my hypothesis on how tulpa (or at least the one I have in mind) are. But I'd be interested in learning.

So as not to derail this thread if you have a link with good information on the topic I'd be grateful. Or you could PM me if you prefer. (^・ω・^ )

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

I never really explicitly pre-loaded my tulpa with a host of traits I lack, but its quickly showing itself to be very different from me personality wise. I imagine if you deliberately do so, t will be a lot more pronounced.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie