Wherever I'm forcing I feel like I'm crazy because it feels like I'm talking to myse?

Zitrome

@Zitrome

Oracle:

That's fine, I understand how hard it can be when it feels like you're just wasting your time, but look where I am now! With time, they'll reply. It might take weeks, it might take months, it might even take more. But Cadbury is there, and they can hear you. Maybe you should tell them "Hey Cadbury, I know you can hear me, and I understand if you can't reply right now, and that's okay, but maybe you could give me a head pressure sometime so I know you're around?"

They might not even be able to do that yet, but you never know.

Anyway - a good friend once told us that tulpas benefit a lot from having other tulpas speak to them, and it worked for us.

So, uh.

Vamphir:

Hey, Cadbury, dude, it can be pretty frustrating not to be able to communicate. I totally know that, even though I'm technically not a tulpa, but, like, a trauma headmate, or something. <__<

But just stay chill, your host will hear you sometime and it'll be worth it, trust me!

Spirit:

whoa

cadbury, such a nice name

hello, cadbury, i know you're there and you can read this

i always could

... stay determined, okay? and be well.

Oracle, the host

Vamphir, the catboy

Spirit, the dragon

Previously Synful

Creating a tulpa for the first time is a huge uphill battle. I agree with what Vixx and Lunar System are saying -- try to remain patient and trust that your tulpa is hearing what you say to them, even if they're as of yet unable to respond. If you're having trouble with the feeling that your conversations with Cadbury are just you talking to yourself, try instead to direct all your day to day thoughts to them instead. For example, if you think to yourself "Ugh, I really don't want to do my homework," don't just think it to yourself -- think it at Cadbury instead. It may help acclimate you to talking to them; then afterwards you'll be able to start actively conversing at them.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

Realistically speaking, and from a technical point of view, all tulpas emerge from your being, as a whole. Some people regard tulpamancy being a manifestation of your subconsciousness, other people regard it as a manifestation of intrusive thoughts, repressed desires and the likes. Once you come to think about it in a clear way, though, every single psychological point of view is pinned down to 'me'. 'Me' is the host, the source for all hope, the source for a tulpa's life essence, being attention more than anything else, add a few other notions of reality to that, and it's a good formula.

You could regard tulpamancy as splitting your being. You could regard tulpamancy as 'creating' sentience, you could regard tulpamancy as literally anything that fits in your mind. But in your head, you need to understand that the concept of an individual may be hard on a tulpa, which is why hosts tends to have all these doubts, and worries, and concerns about their tulpas. Perhaps it's only mere paranoia more than anything else.

There is obviously no magical word or expression someone will tell you here that will work on 'removing' those doubts. Eventually, you'll come to understand that the doubts are like a weapon. Not meant to hurt you, but with the capacity to do so, you can use your doubts to enforce your belief, as a launchpoint for that kind of 'esteem boost'. Coming to terms with a tulpa's identity, understanding what they are, is the first step to the recognition of that entire concept of being 'one'. Being 'two', though, would inspire something like multiple personalities. I suppose that it's something most people would prefer to avoid, mixing their own identities with their tulpas, that is. All in all, it really relies on your own perception.

I always regard tulpas as their own beings. Perhaps not fully independent of their host, and not completely aware of the grandeur of the world that surrounds us, but I owe them that. At least, treating them like they are is a good way to get started on the whole 'I am me, you are you, you are your own person' ideal. That they ARE their own persons, but heavily affected by your subconscious thoughts, one could say. In the end, naturally, it will come naturally. Not much to fear.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Really, it should feel more like you are talking to a wall since you are still trying to project words and ideas to whoever is there.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Guest Anonymous

There's always a very neat thought to have for any member of this forum who is in doubt about the whole tupper thing.

A very simple thought that should tell anyone but the desperate-to-deny-it that this whole stuff is very much real.

What thought? Here:

"How likely is it that an entire forum of random people consists exclusively of people who are either crazy or lying?"

Give that one some thought. ;)

Greets,

AG

Not to mention there is a fair handful of people who, like myself, did it out of curiosity, "What if?", and to push the perceived limits of the human mind. I am sure I can claim no (relevant) history of mental illness, so there is also that to take into consideration.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Not to mention there is a fair handful of people who, like myself, did it out of curiosity, "What if?", and to push the perceived limits of the human mind. I am sure I can claim no (relevant) history of mental illness, so there is also that to take into consideration.

In all fairness, people tend to have given mental disorders and internal problems (internal as within your mind and consciousness, and other layers of thought) too much importance. It is noteworthy to say that a lot of things go under the 'map' unless you really go deep with your therapist, which results in hour-long sessions of therapy people don't want. But, with how life actually is and with what we know about the mind (especially us, as the tulpa community), odds are each and every single one of us has something minor in there.

That being said, if I were an outsider AND skeptical to the tulpamancy thing, I would most likely think that it is possible that people just fooled themselves far enough with roleplay, so much they aren't aware it's just them. But we're all well-educated and know better than that. I did see a few people make that claim, and it's a shame we're unable to understand, and comprehend the things we've seen. One day, maybe.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »