A question regarding 'negative submissions'.

Evil

Hello. I am Evil, and I have two tulpas.

Today, Dimitrov suggested that I write down a, and I quote: "A repository for anomalies, sir. Tulpa anomalies. We seem to have gotten quite a good bit of information and data regarding those, and after that thread you have made on the tulpa.info forums, it seems the gentle people of the forums may also know some about it."

So I got to write down some of the data I have collected so far up, regarding tulpa anomalies and, well, 'problems'. The premise of the idea is that it would show newbie tulpamancers what kind of problems they may come to face with a developed tulpa. Not only that, but the major and eminent part of the repository would contain detailed solutions, advice, tips and tools to 'fix' these anomalies.

With that in mind, as I was writing, I was considering how well the repository would be welcomed. I figured that, with the way things are on the forums, we would be afraid to discourage newbies from making a tulpa. That the repository may show them the reality that tulpas are persons that can come up to have different problems with different ways to address them, and that could make them paranoid, even scared and take off all forms of motivation they may have had at some point, in extreme cases.

But, the reason for which I am making this thread (and did not delete my drafts, if anyone is willing to see what has been written down so far, feel free to send me a private message.) is that I was kind of... uncertain what to do. As in, I do not fully understand what I should do. Say there is an irregularity, a problem people should stand out for. A problem that can be easily addressed with the available knowledge and tips, of course. (and addressing those problems could also count as a form of active forcing), would it truly be bad to post this repository for the public to see?

I look forward to know what you guys think. If this section is not appropriate, the moderation team can feel free to move it in the appropriate section of the forums.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Mhhh. I think the idea isn't too bad. A repository like that would allow people to have a more complex overview on the whole topic. It could prevent people from doing something they're not ready for, or deliver information to handle situations they're not comfortable sharing in a seperate thread. I guess that a repository like this should be mantained by more than one person, though. Feedback would be very important.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Mhhh. I think the idea isn't too bad. A repository like that would allow people to have a more complex overview on the whole topic. It could prevent people from doing something they're not ready for, or deliver information to handle situations they're not comfortable sharing in a seperate thread. I guess that a repository like this should be mantained by more than one person, though. Feedback would be very important.

I definitely agree on what you said regarding more than one person maintaining that repository. As I was writing stuff down, I would leave some spots without paying attention with the thought that 'Oh, whoever has some stuff to add to this will have an easy time'. Even then, there isn't all that much I alone know, but collectively? This could be big, but my only concern is that the public opinion would lean towards 'Oh, this is going to scare people away.', which would really bury it down. And yes, feedback would be very important, we realize all experiences are subjective, but what I am currently writing is something I observed among many tulpamancers. Things that really made relations between tulpas and hosts... bad, and if we can avoid that happening, why not? I had been thinking of posting a WIP thread at some point, just to have a 'board' of senior members adding up to what I had written down. The repository itself would contain certain specific terms, categories, a proper layout, but yes, more than one contributor would be nice. In the end, it's not about the credit, but it's about helping out people.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Having something like this on the forums could be beneficial. I don't see the point in not doing it because it would 'scare people away' - if it would scare away the people who are afraid of commitment, then it goes to show that they're not ready to handle this sort of thing. Depending on how it's done, it could keep a lot of similar threads from being made, too, and this place would be less cluttered. That's if they go ahead and search for this sort of thing before posting, at least.

I'm certainly game for it.

You're really hitting on an important point concerning negative things happening during the process, and you're absolutely right about the common habit in the community being to gloss over it, or in the worst cases, dismissing the person in question as being an pretender who's after attention.

I myself have had multiple episodes of negative things happening concerning my mind, may it be the revelations of large amounts of figures, long episodes of dissociation (Or is depersonalization the proper word?), and some quite nasty things about myself revealed along the way. While I don't say that every bad thing in my head was caused by the creation of my partner (In fact, creating Midori actually helped give me more context as to what was going on, and I imagine I would have freaked far more if I had went through the same events without doing this), and still consider it an overall gain, it should be stressed that digging in to the rabbit hole that is your mind can reveal some very, VERY nasty things about yourself. Or even let loose things you may have unconsciously repressed.

I will not pretend to completely understand everything that goes on in the mind, or even some of the more negative aspects of my experience (I wrote a good deal about it in my PR, and while a chunk of it was correct, the assumption that I had successfully fixed the problem at that time turned out to be very wrong), but I will say that one should prepare themselves for the occasionaly nasty thing. It may be that it doesn't happen to a person at all, and I see many who go thought the process completely smoothly, and their only problems come from outward sources. Even acknowledging the issues I had, many aspects of my ride have been full of sunshine. But even so, being honest with yourself, and being willing to examine how your mind works, and what goes on there should be stressed more, and those who DO find themselves in a jam should not be turned away as pretenders or actors too quickly.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

If we are going to comprehensively explore all the aspects of tulpamancy in a scientific way, we cannot shy away from the negative side or tulpa anomalies or whatever you want to call them. I think this is important and Evil is really on to something!

I'm in the process of collecting and tagging links to posts of mine that deal extensively with certain topics, giving them small descriptions and such so I can browse through them later. I didn't plan to make it public, but if at some point we start making this repository, I might have something to contribute.

Unfortunately I should have started it a year ago, but instead started it a few days ago. Only got three posts so far. And they're going to stay my own, I think. But it might be a good idea for some of you to start saving posts you find helpful. True, we've lost a ton of opportunities in the past that everyone is too lazy to go back and find. But we only grow more knowledgeable, which is why I'm starting mine now. I've got motivation to write large, thought-out posts now, which is a plus on its own. But they're also much better than my older ones. We'll see where this goes.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It's kind of funny that the at-large psychology community has in the past focused too much on anomalies like mental illnesses/disorders, which necessitated the (relatively) recent "positive psychology" movement, studying the hows and whats behind happiness and normal functioning of the human mind, while our little tulpa community here has had the positive psychology analogue from the start and needs to consider the opposing side.

[Hail] Not completely in the same line as what you are thinking of, but I have long considered making a special thread for people to talk about the mistakes they have done regarding tulpamancy and interacting with other people sharing a brain so that others may learn from them. The title was going to be

"Learn from the Mistakes of Others: The Tulpmancy Chapter in the Book: The Long Sad History of Bad Ideas"

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

• 1 month later...

Well, Evil's not active anymore, and this seems relevant yet again.

We should encourage guides for people with certain circumstances that may prevent them from closely following "the norms" of tulpamancy. Those who have issues with trust, invasive thoughts, identity, and so on in recurrent form. Because honestly, while we often encourage people with those problems to create a tulpa (as long as it doesn't seem likely to harm them anyway), we really don't have much to support them in their endeavors.

Maybe we should.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.