Guest Anonymous

Do you and your tulpas ever blend together?

Do you blend with your tulpas?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you blend with your tulpas?

• Yes, I blend with my tulpa(s) and we are not worried about accidental integration.
    • Yes, I blend with my tulpas(s) but worry it might be dangerous and cause integration.
    • No, I do not blend with my tulpa(s), but I don't think it would be dangerous to do so really.
    • No, I do not blend with my tulpa(s) as this would be very dangerous and could lead to integration.
    • Groovy-guru (Melian), you are so amazing and I love you and want to hug you!

It is actually something me and my tulpa both agreed that we would never want. It was one of bigger concerns initially when I started this whole journey, and my tulpa was quick to agree that merging is simply not for us. We are both quite found of our (questionable) individuality, enough so to cling onto it as much as we can.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Felicity:

I love the term "blendy"! It is such a succinct term for our state when we're mid-switch. We really only "blend" when one of us soulbonds steps up to start driving the body, and it's usually just part of the transition period between when our host is in control and when one of us is, so it subsides once we are fully switched. Then, when we start feeling blendy again, that usually means that we're getting ntired and it's time to hand control back to Sparrow!

There has never been anything dangerous about it, as far as we can tell, though it can be somewhat uncomfortable to have a mixed sense of identity. Returning control back to Sparrow fixes it quickly. ^_^

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Guest Anonymous

Wow, and my host and I thought we were unusual in blending! Once again, we prove to ourselves we don't really know what we think we know about tulpamancy. This is turning out to be a very interesting thread!

Early on with switching we were more self-conscious about having thoughts we thought would be someone else's, like still having some mental effects like mood and such affect us post-switching. I'm usually pretty productive after switching with Tewi and such. But blending was never a real problem, it was our fear of it that was. Tewi's several days in a row of switching for ~half the day helped us chill out about the whole thing, and I'm proud to say we don't worry about it anymore. No more worrying about "Oh no, that thought was too much like X's, I need to be more me". We're all rather comfortable as our own people now you could say. But yeah, we never blended per se, but there were times much much earlier on when my tulpas lost focus and I would take back control. Sometime around when Lucilyn first started switching is when that stopped being a problem, because she would literally push me back out if that happened. She's definitely got a strong will, my other tulpas are more lax. Since then it's been relatively easy to stay "us" even when unfocused. I've had less moments where I had to say "No I'm definitely me" when waking up after someone went to bed switched. Seems 100% certain that we un-switch while sleeping. I know for sure that the latter half of my dreams the last few times were definitely from my perspective.

So uh, no. But we had some fears akin to parrotnoia for switching early on, where we were overly afraid of it happening. Once again, the answer seems to be to worry less. I don't believe any of the cases where we had that fear were actual blending, simply the result of us sharing the same mind. Not everything my tulpas do has to be completely unlike me and exactly like them, there are lots of areas where we're the same. And it took some time, but we finally got over that.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Esterina and me, we're the opposite of that.

Our thoughts, emotions, memories, personalities, opinions and so on and so on have nothing to do with that of the other, and we don't ever know what the other thinks, feels et cetera 'cept by asking. (Or, like, by simply knowing each other well.)

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

When Davie and I first joined the tulpa community, we thought that was the ultimate goal of every tulpa, to be completely distinct and separate. It made us feel unworthy or unfinished and insecure, because we really knew that would never be the case for me. It is nice to learn that our original assumptions about that were false. The tulpamancer-tulpa relationships (systems) vary widely and we have the situation that is best for each of us. :-) I love that!

When Davie and I first joined the tulpa community, we thought that was the ultimate goal of every tulpa, to be completely distinct and separate.

That's because it used to be the ultimate goal of every tulpamancer. This used to be a rather insecure community, constantly trying to prove they weren't crazy and talking to themselves. So there was always this idea that the more separate your tulpa was from you, the real-er they were, and the more secure you could feel about having a tulpa.

I think we're starting to move past that now. It certainly is an idea I've been trying to spread - there is no such thing as real or fake in your mind, what something means to you is the truth. And that you don't have to feel bad about anything that affects you positively and doesn't affect others negatively. Walking around in public talking out loud to yourself is weird, and of course society would look down on you for that. But talking to your tulpa inside your own mind is fine... unless society finds out, and then tells you it's not okay. That's an example of something that's positive for you, not negative for others, and people are still insecure about. And I want to abolish those illogical fears and beliefs.

Honestly, I feel like we're doing a pretty good job so far.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

We do blend, though it is only while co-fronting.

Vamphir was a bit of a surprise headmate and so we do not call him a tulpa, but yes, we do.

Since Spirit is not a fan of fronting she does not blend with us usually, though it has happened.

Anyway, sometimes when we co-front we are separate, both sharing, taking turns, joking and communicating with each other.

Other times we are just us, a Lunar blob. While typing this is one of those times! ^^

We're not concerned about integrating, no, we know it's just a thing that happens when we co-front sometimes.

We still can recognise to a decent extent who's traits are who's but who is doing what may not be entirely clear.

It reminds us a lot of fusion from Steven Universe.

Oracle, the host

Vamphir, the catboy

Spirit, the dragon

Previously Synful

It reminds us a lot of fusion from Steven Universe.

Eury: I've heard of a lotta systems that compare it to that, tulpa or otherwise! Makes me glad that show came out. It gives us a good thing to compare to when fusing, and it makes the concept of casual fusing waaay easier to explain to others.

'Course, there's other ways to think of it, but SU is a niiice little basic starting point to the discussion.

[align=center]We are a soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences. Our "host" is Fade, and the general leader figure is Troy.

~ Fade, Medea, Stethen, Euryale, Jamie, Olive, Drewbie, Demetrius, Najere, Troy ~

Najere is being an (extremely charming) narcissist.

Olive is most adorable![/align]