Quick Question About Wonderlands

Hey there!

I just had a quick question regarding wonderlands, and how to transition into them. I know that there are many different techniques that are similar to creating and receding into a wonderland. One of these, as an example, is something that special ops soldiers are trained to do in circumstances of torture/foreign imprisonment. They are trained to let go of all of their physical sensory input, and completely recede into a mental world they have created, making their mental world just as real as the physical world we are used to. I have been trying to find guides on this, but frankly, I can't think up a sequence of words that would be useful in searching anything like this on google. Does anyone have any tips or links to guides that could possibly assist with this? Thank you!

What you're describing here is dissociation. Dissociation isn't necessary for wonderland activity. You can simply imagine the senses you would be feeling in the wonderland, and that's really all there is to it.

If you would be interested in learning dissociation, I too am interested in it yet couldn't find a specific guide on it. Usually it's just an effect from long term regular meditation, but Joshua created a guide specifically for it.

Hope that helped.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

Yes, what Paranoid Llama says is correct, you're talking about a phenomenon called dissociation, which, when used in the context of tulpas, can be used to achieve "switching", where the host would be able to stay in a mental world while a tulpa uses the body.

Dissociation seems to be much easier to do in the case of traumatic experiences. It's a common thing to hear when people are tortured, or if a child is abused. I suppose that for the most part, it's a defense mechanism of some sort. Seeing as setting up traumatic experiences for ourselves isn't what we like to do here, the methods people use here are a bit more relaxed.

The common themes of how I heard people achieved switching are that they would lose interest in the body. For one, that meant lying still for extended periods of time, and not being stimulated physically while they tried to immerse themselves in a mental world. For another, the tulpa would play a boring game for long periods of time, to the point where the host stopped experiencing the senses over time. And the last case is Joshua, as linked above this post. There are many ways to get to the point where you can dissociate from the body, but all methods seem to require dedication to ignoring the senses and immersing yourself in the imaginary. My own little group is working on that as well.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks! I read that guide and am going to start working on it. It is hard to find anything, anywhere else in the subject, as it is mostly associated with a negative thing.

My own little group is working on that as well.

I would love to hear about any progress anyone is or has made with dissociation.