Your biggest regret.

Evil

For any lurkers looking for more tales of tulpamantic regret, I highly recommend at least skimming Koomer's PR.

EDIT: Additionally, a survey taken by Oguigi is available here

EDIT TIMESTAMP: After the post from Melian stating "Weird." in its original draft; pid of 152268

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't have too many regrets when it comes to 'tulpamancy', but the biggest one would be that I forced too much onto my first tulpa, and I think that made room for some identity issues down the road. Her later experiences didn't help with this; she was dealing with people outside of the head while in a very fragile state, and this only harmed her more. I realized how much I messed up and didn't make the same mistakes for any of the other brain demons."

Pretty much this.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

Not having noticed Esterina sooner.

She's been all alone for several weeks at the very least, trying to make me notice her.

I can't really imagine what it must be like to be completely and utterly alone for so long.

Well - okay, she doesn't really speak of that time unless asked to, and she doesn't seem negative about it.

That might be the case, yeah, but I still regret having ignored her voice as "just my imagination".

I should've paid attention sooner.

Not that I'm down about it, though.

And like I said, she doesn't seem to really think about it either.

She's a pretty happy and lively giggle monster, so it seems she doesn't care much.

Greets,

AG

For any lurkers looking for more tales of tulpamantic regret, I highly recommend at least skimming Koomer's PR.

I just found his Tumblr about that the other day. My theory is that he went wrong when he tried to permanently switch and let his tulpa take over his body completely. Maybe because a tulpa soul isn't as connected to the body as the host-soul is, but not having the host be in control for so long allowed other entities, like demons, to invade his body.

Everything we perceive is reality is all interpreted by our heads. So technically, even though only their tulpamancer can see them, tulpas can be said to be as real as anything else.

I just found his Tumblr about that the other day. My theory is that he went wrong when he tried to permanently switch and let his tulpa take over his body completely. Maybe because a tulpa soul isn't as connected to the body as the host-soul is, but not having the host be in control for so long allowed other entities, like demons, to invade his body.

People generally don't have a metaphysic view about tulpas around here, and we keep ideas like this in the metaphysic section. So please try to stay scientific in the regular tulpa boards.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Yeah, we just got through reading Koomer's PR. (Thanks for posting it, Decimal)

It's hard to say what, exactly, went wrong there, but it's definitely a cautionary tale about the dangers of messing with your own psychology. Something all of us, no matter how long we've been at this, should be aware of.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

I read through his entire PR. Unlike what others think, he was fine letting his tulpa possess most of the time and that wasn't the reason why his hallucinations came forth. I remember it happened specifically from an imposition technique gone wrong. He tried to see a hand from the corner of his eye. Then, an afterimage of it was burned into his mind, causing the entities to spawn from it.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

People generally don't have a metaphysic view about tulpas around here, and we keep ideas like this in the metaphysic section. So please try to stay scientific in the regular tulpa boards.

Forgot about that, will keep that in mind from now on.

In that case, considering Koomer had a further disassociation with his physical body as his experiences went on, perhaps his mind ended up conjuring up other entities in a form of DID or early onset of schizophrenia. The mind can do strange things, after all.

Everything we perceive is reality is all interpreted by our heads. So technically, even though only their tulpamancer can see them, tulpas can be said to be as real as anything else.