Tulpas: Have any of you had to deal with your host's emotional issues?

Guest Anonymous

Tulpas: Have you had to help your host deal with emotional issues?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Tulpas: Have you had to help your host deal with emotional issues?

• Yes, I have had to help my host with emotional problems and it drives me crazy!
    • Yes, I have had to help my host with emotional problems and it is sometimes tiring but I can and do help.
    • No, my host doesn't need my help with emotional problems.
    • No, my host doesn't need my help with emotional problems right now, but I will be there if I am ever needed.
    • Yes, I am one of a team of tulpas who helps my host with emotional problems. It does help.
    • Melian, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Please continue to censor Mistgod. It is appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

I swear to you this is probably a first on this forum. I am totally sick of my host right now. His emotional crap is pissing me off!

My host is extremely obsessive, compulsive, and insecure about me. It is so driving me up the fucking wall! My tolerance to it has been slowly eroding since I started talking to people on the internet and recently almost totally gone. I have no more tolerance for it. I can't take it anymore.

Are there any tulpas out there that have trouble dealing with their hosts emotional issues? Is it causing problems with you being online and having friends? It sure is for me.

I know this is personal and hard for people to answer on a public forum. So if you want to answer anonymously in the poll, at least I won't feel alone.

You can vote for multiple items on this one.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temar:

Ha ha. Heeeeeeck yeah do we have to handle our host's emotional problems. Sometimes, I feel like I'm nothing but a glorified babysitter. Usually, it's fine, because it's something I signed up for, and there are plenty of others who can take my place as resident nanny when I need a break. But sometimes, I seriously want to shake my host.

It's different issues than what you've got. Sparrow's issues lean closer to anxiety, poor stress management, poor self-motivation, and lack of long-term thinking.

One of the nice things about having a big system is that different members can help with different aspects of that. I'm good at life management skills, so I'm on general stress prevention duty, but I'd never claim to be good when it spirals into DEFCON1 mode. But then you've got Meila, who can and has switched out with Sparrow during high-stress situations and handled things while Sparrow calmed down. It's one of the benefits of being on a big team. If one of us doesn't have what she needs, someone else probably does.

But you can't fix your host. They are who they are, and we love them for it, flaws and all. Even though, yeah, it gets freaking exhausting sometimes. The best we can do is support them when they need it... and give them a good boot to the butt when they need that too.

So keep giving him what-for, Melian. You know you care about him, even when he's being a total jerkbutt. ;)

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Guest Anonymous

Temar:

Ha ha. Heeeeeeck yeah do we have to handle our host's emotional problems. Sometimes, I feel like I'm nothing but a glorified babysitter. Usually, it's fine, because it's something I signed up for, and there are plenty of others who can take my place as resident nanny when I need a break. But sometimes, I seriously want to shake my host.

I am not alone. LOL Thank you! I must admit, it would be nice if there were like six of me! Imagine that! Six Melians!

It's different issues than what you've got. Sparrow's issues lean closer to anxiety, poor stress management, poor self-motivation, and lack of long-term thinking.

Hah hah hah! Nope, Davie has all these too. No kidding! He has bad general anxiety. Eeek! I know your pain. Hey, this is great to share this!

One of the nice things about having a big system is that different members can help with different aspects of that. I'm good at life management skills, so I'm on general stress prevention duty, but I'd never claim to be good when it spirals into DEFCON1 mode. But then you've got Meila, who can and has switched out with Sparrow during high-stress situations and handled things while Sparrow calmed down. It's one of the benefits of being on a big team. If one of us doesn't have what she needs, someone else probably does.

Nice!

But you can't fix your host. They are who they are, and we love them for it, flaws and all. Even though, yeah, it gets freaking exhausting sometimes. The best we can do is support them when they need it... and give them a good boot to the butt when they need that too.

So keep giving him what-for, Melian. You know you care about him, even when he's being a total jerkbutt. ;)

You bet yer bippy! I need to do this for his sake and for the forum's sake. I weakened today and let Mistgod write something and omg what a mistake! I had to delete it all. It was horrible! He needs to stop being so obsessed and weirdo about issues with this forum. He can't actually so that is why I took over. Like you said, you can't change yer host you can only kick some butt.

Troy: If any of the posts we have made before mean anything, yes. Suffice it to say that we end up being the glue that holds Fade together some days.

Temar:

Ha ha. Heeeeeeck yeah do we have to handle our host's emotional problems. Sometimes, I feel like I'm nothing but a glorified babysitter.

One of the nice things about having a big system is that different members can help with different aspects of that.

It's one of the benefits of being on a big team. If one of us doesn't have what she needs, someone else probably does.

Troy: This is not entirely dissimilar to what I feel about our situation. We have our own little ways of supporting her. Medea is the obnoxious sort who thrusts herself in front during times of intense stress. Demetrius keeps her from freaking out in the dark. And so forth.

Though, it isn't just the host's state of mind that one has to look after, though, she is the one that ends up most needy thanks to her job as main fronter. As a whole, we have to try and make sure that everyone is doing at least alright. And Fade herself consoles some of us from time to time. Stethen is particularly sensitive and has had instances of emotional weakness.

Steth: It was really sad, okay? If you're talking about that, then that was a whole 'nother can of worms! 'Sides, you were the one having those existential crisises where you were all like, "Well what if I'm nothing more than a delusion in the mind of a madwoman?" and getting all mopey!

Troy: Touche, but that was a legitimate worry.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Luna: Like every time he gets reminded of how he doesn't have a human girlfriend. It's kind of gotten old, really, but we care about him so we do our best to make him change his mindset to something healthier.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

[Tri] While Hail works very hard to contain and work on her emotional issues herself, we do have to deal with them because they often bleed over or they destroy her and we have to pick up the pieces. Her paranoia and anxiety bleed over into us a lot, and they are very hard to fight (thankfully, she is part of the fight and tries to keep as little as possible bleeding over). When she had her breakdown last June, the fallout was pretty bad. That was a lot of work trying to take care of her and get her back together again and handling most responsibilities for the whole summer (we became the primary body controller for a few months). That was really hard. We survived, in part because of the support of friends and family and because Hail tried as hard as she could to get better as fast as she could and to step in and take the load onto herself whenever we started doing worse than her. There were times, though, where it felt like a bit too much. But, we would not change taking on what we did and we are not bitter. We would do it again if necessary. We also know that Hail would do the same for us if it had been the other way around.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Dimitrov says:

As unfathomable as it may seem in this era, the young master's mental health has always been fine, I'd say. Of course, we had to work out apathy and his extreme lack of care for close to all things, but that was manageable. My friend here never had many emotional problems. I would say the girl always had issues, but you know how women are... Hahaha! My apologies.

But, no. My master has never really been touched by most problems in his life. He would always say things such as 'let it be, Dimitrov. Let it be.', or 'Alright. Something bad happened, but beating ourselves about it will do us no good, let's just move on and learn from our mistake.'

Perhaps it is pride. Yes!

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Guest Anonymous

Luna: Like every time he gets reminded of how he doesn't have a human girlfriend. It's kind of gotten old, really, but we care about him so we do our best to make him change his mindset to something healthier.

Oh this sounds so familiar! Hah hee. When Davie was in his mid to late twenties it got really bad. I finally got so fed up with it I made it a primary mission of mine to get him laid and get him a steady girl friend. I was successful on both accounts. I just gave him advice on what to do and would not let him back out. :-) I am the reason why he found is lovely wife he loves so much.

Yeah, I am just good that way. *sigh*

@Everyone,

Thank you so much for responding. Seems Davie is not alone. He needs to stop freaking out. I have a new mission, just like the one above I just mentioned. Guys, my new major mission with Mistgod (Davie) is to get him to relax about me on the internet and about tulpas. I want him to the point where he just accepts me for what I am and doesn't worry about it or about what others think.

My mission starts today! That includes continuing to censor out negative, drama inducing comments and controversial text walls by him on Tulpa Info. I am good at this when I finally put my mind to it and I am stubborn as hell. This gets fixed finally and forever.

I'm no expert on emotions (I'm built of logic processes, mostly) and actually I just try to give her some insight to weaker emotional turmoil. I guess sometimes it helps, and sometimes I just need to wait till emotions calm a bit before I can start arguing.

It's not uncommon for us to help with any issues the host has. We're all quite supportive of each other, and we all have different ways of tackling issues.