I'm In ALow Point. I Need Help.

Guest Anonymous

I would never hate you. And I think you are doing fine with your tulpa so far btw.

Just like my host, you have a challenge ahead of you learning to not let the opinions of internet peoples effect you in a negative way. The internet in general can be a cruel, hard place. I am sorry you are feeling depressed sometimes. If you ever feel suicidal again, I would suggest finding professional help. Tell someone you trust and then seek help. It's okay to do that and it is a really good idea.

You are never truly helpless or hopeless, even when it seems that way. There are people who can help you see and find options.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never hate you. And I think you are doing fine with your tulpa so far btw.

Just like my host, you have a challenge ahead of you learning to not let the opinions of internet peoples effect you in a negative way. The internet in general can be a cruel, hard place. I am sorry you are feeling depressed sometimes. If you ever feel suicidal again, I would suggest finding professional help. Tell someone you trust and then seek help. It's okay to do that and it is a really good idea.

You are never truly helpless or hopeless, even when it seems that way. There are people who can help you see and find options.

"The internet in general can be a cruel, hard place."

Yeah. I can tell.

"If you ever feel suicidal again, I would suggest finding professional help. Tell someone you trust and then seek help."

The last thing I need in life is to tell my mom, have her freak out and cry, have her send me to a stupid therapist, TALK to the therapist, just so he can give me medicine.

But thanks for everything else you said.

Host: Josh (AKA ThatOneWeirdGuy)

Tulpa: Benjamin (Humanoid Bunny) (In the making)

Ben's Journal/Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I'm sorry if my words came off harsh.

The meaning behind my words was actually rather positive; it was to say: "You don't actually have problems, you just artificially produce them yourself. So if you stop with that, then your problems are gone!" :P

...and I maybe got a bit upset because I used to be like you many years ago. >_>

So again, sorry if I came off harsh.

Didn't at all intend that.

Greets,

AG

The last thing I need in life is to tell my mom, have her freak out and cry, have her send me to a stupid therapist, TALK to the therapist, just so he can give me medicine.

Not telling you what to do, man, but I can tell you that my system would probably not be here today if our host hadn't gotten help for her depression back in her teens. Depression is like being stuck in a deep, dark hole. You can't see any light, much less climb your way out. Sometimes, it helps when there's someone who can hand you a ladder. Yeah, it sucked when her parents found out about it, but they were very supportive and just wanted to know how to help. And don't believe the media ragging on therapists: they're good people. Therapists care so much about making people feel better that they spend their whole lives dedicated to helping people. They're not perfect but, generally, they do care, and they can help give you the tools you need to pull yourself up. And medication? Well, sometimes, depression is caused by chemical imbalances in your head that knock your perception askew, and medication can help correct those imbalances long enough for you to get your feet under you. It all sounds scary, I know. But if you take the plunge to tell someone, you may later find you're happy you did.

Again, not telling you what to do. Just letting you know that it's not a bad thing to ask for help if you need it. We're just faceless internet peeps. Depression is heavy stuff that you need irl help for. No shame in asking for help, when what you're doing is moving mountains.

Heck, it might help your anxieties about your tulpa, too. Healthier headspace, healthier tulpa, yeah?

Whether you do or don't talk to someone though, keep pushing on. Sounds like your tulpa front is going fine, so no worries there. And you sound like a good kid, so it would be cool to see you around more. Like I said before, we're here to help. :)

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

"If you ever feel suicidal again, I would suggest finding professional help. Tell someone you trust and then seek help."

Just gonna throw my two cents in here.

I was, uh, I dunno what you call my case, but, I really was mental. I used to hate myself with a passion, and would self-harm, not just by the classic "cutting" method, I'd tweeze out my eyebrows completely, hit myself intentionally, and I even tried to cut my gums at one point. I swear to God that I would've killen myself had I not spoken with a professional.

Therapists aren't stupid, man. They really aren't. They spend years of their life trying to get the right education so that they can help people. They know what they're doing. You don't have to tell it to your mom. You can find free help lines on the Internet, there are plenty of suicide hotlines out there, too. There are blogs out there that are run by professionals who do what they're doing for free.

Try giving them a chance sometime.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I mean, there are even free online therapists/counsellors to talk to, like how the UK have the Samaritans. Sure, they can't officially diagnose you, but it's better than telling family/friends and have them think it's all a phase (speaking from experience here)

But yeah, I realise now I came off harsher than I intended, and for that I apologise. And I'm going to shut up before I dig myself deeper into a hole

Guest Anonymous

If you're having mental problems, go to a therapist.

Simple as that.

That's what they're there for, to help you.

I had a time in my life where I was literally insane; I lost my sense of reality back then, and couldn't tell my lies apart from my actual real life anymore.

I believed it to be real.

You know what that state of insanity came from?

Depressions and inferiority complexes.

Not trying to say it's normal for someone to go from that to that - just saying:

I am beyond glad I went to therapy, 'cause now I'm not only rid of my depressions and inferiority complexes, but I'm also in control of my own head. ^^

Really, therapy ISN'T scary.

It's not bad, and nothing to be ashamed of.

It's a good thing for those that need it... and contemplating suicide is a reason to say "I need therapy".

Greets,

AG

PS: Man... been a while since I actually thought much about all the way back then.

(All that happened almost a decade ago.)

That was a very literally very crazy time. ... puns.

You guys don't get it. Talking to a therapist or my parents would require telling them why I feel sad and bad. I would have to tell them where its coming from. But that's the problem. Sometimes, I don't know. Yes, sometimes I have reasons, but other times, the littlest of things can send me to a state of deep sadness. I can't explain it.

Heck, even my "reasons" sound stupid. I'm VERY anti-social. I don't like talking to other people (ANOTHER reason I don't want a therapist.) that I don't know/trust.* So I worry about what I'm gonna do when I grow up and move out. What am I gonna do with doctor/dentist appointments or other stuff when I have to talk to other people and actually know stuff? So sometimes I'm like, "Why go though all the awkwardness? Why not just... you know... end it now?".

Whats the therapist gonna say? "Just get over it. It's life. Everyone gotta do it. Here's some pills. Now gotta go. Gotta get my paycheck. Later. Good luck."

*(I know you guys are all like "Trust the therapist! He's/She's a good person! They care!" No they don't. They only pretend to care so they can get their paycheck.)

I think, though, I might talk about it with friends. My friends are the only people I trust really.

Maybe, if I need to... could I talk to someone here? If not I understand. I've been annoying enough. But if for some reason, you do want to, PM me. I would rather talk to some of you guys than my parents/ a therapist.

But, anyway, thank all of you.

Mirath, you PM meant a lot to me. I wont post it here, in case you don't want anyone to read it, but thank you.

Thank you too, AGGuy for you apology above.

Your two's apologizes mean a lot to me.

But I think I'm doing better, as far as how I'm felling. I feel like maybe he doesn't hate me, which I guess is an improvement.

But I WILL try to talk with my friends today.

If any one cares and wants to know how I'm doing in the future, PM me (in the future), and I'll tell you how things are going.

Me and Ben thank all of you.

We love you guys.

:)

Host: Josh (AKA ThatOneWeirdGuy)

Tulpa: Benjamin (Humanoid Bunny) (In the making)

Ben's Journal/Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Psychiatrists proscribe medication. Therapists just talk to you and there are some really, really good therapists who do like their jobs and love what they do and care about their patients. Trust me on this we know this first hand. You can't always know the "source" of depression. It can be a medical condition (a psychiatrist or medical doctor can help you figure that out) or it can be something emotional a therapist can help you figure out. Therapists are trained to give you options. Much better options than just ending it all. I know it sounds like you have issues with trust. But if you want to reach out and get help, at some point you have to be brave and take a chance. Therapists just talk to you, so you can always find a new therapist if you don't like the first one, or even the second one.

I don't think you understand psychiatry, lol. That stuff you described doesn't stump a psychiatrist, it says very clearly you may have some sort of depression. I don't often encounter people with situational depression personally, it's almost always clinical. That means there's no environmental reasons, only chemical, more or less. And yes, they can and do prescribe medication for that.

Also, people don't go into these types of jobs if they're heartless. Believe it or not it's not the most well paying job someone could get with as much effort as they applied, and most people who go into any kind of psychology have some type of fascination with the human mind or interest in helping others. Really, there's a ton of different kinds of psychologists that do important things and make lots of money, clinical psychologists (the type who try to help people face-to-face) is only one of many.

So ah, rest assured that in their own way 99% of therapists/clinical psychologists/whoever-have-you actually care in some way. That being said, they may see things differently than you, and you might mistake that for not caring. But they are trying to help.

If it means anything, my own psycho-analysis guy (He was a "Nurse Practitioner" so I don't know what to call him, had a PhD though. Basically a diagnosis-er.) was as understanding as can be. In fact he didn't even want to diagnose me with anything, because my "depression" isn't really depression, it's just who I am. I convinced him to prescribe me welbutrin as it's worked for my brother and mother which means biologically it's a match for us, as basically every other type of anti-depressant did nothing. That's the one thing I'll warn you about, anti-depressants do not turn you into a robot, they make your brain work like it should. If they do make you feel strange, emotionless, more depressed, or even if they just don't work after a month or two, you need to tell your therapsycholiatryist (whoever prescribed you the medication). Nothing works for everyone and while they'll prescribe you the ones that work for the most people first, it may take a few different ones to find one that works.

As for me, the welbutrin's not doing anything. But I was never depressed in the first place.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.