I'm In ALow Point. I Need Help.

Listen to Melian and Lumi. Trust those of us who have been through it. My host was literally exactly where you are when she was 16. Then, her friends made her tell her parents (because she didn't want to do it either), and everything slowly got much, much better.

Your family won't judge. A therapist won't judge. They just want to make you feel better. And it's not just drugs that do that: my host's therapist gave her mental tools that still help her combat low points to this day. Little tricks and revelations that put things in perspective. That's what they're trained to do: to help you help yourself. Most therapist sessions are just the two of you having a normal conversation, no pressure or performance necessary.

From what I've seen so far, you do something my host does, where you think of the worst case scenario and then convince yourself that it's true. It's not. Never forget: depression is a lying asshole.

And for the record, you're free to send me or my host (SparrowNR) a PM if you ever want to talk. Dunno how much help we'll be, but we'll definitely listen.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

You guys don't get it. Talking to a therapist or my parents would require telling them why I feel sad and bad. I would have to tell them where its coming from. But that's the problem. Sometimes, I don't know. Yes, sometimes I have reasons, but other times, the littlest of things can send me to a state of deep sadness. I can't explain it.

Heck, even my "reasons" sound stupid. I'm VERY anti-social. I don't like talking to other people (ANOTHER reason I don't want a therapist.) that I don't know/trust.* So I worry about what I'm gonna do when I grow up and move out. What am I gonna do with doctor/dentist appointments or other stuff when I have to talk to other people and actually know stuff? So sometimes I'm like, "Why go though all the awkwardness? Why not just... you know... end it now?".

Whats the therapist gonna say? "Just get over it. It's life. Everyone gotta do it. Here's some pills. Now gotta go. Gotta get my paycheck. Later. Good luck."

*(I know you guys are all like "Trust the therapist! He's/She's a good person! They care!" No they don't. They only pretend to care so they can get their paycheck.)

I think, though, I might talk about it with friends. My friends are the only people I trust really.

Maybe, if I need to... could I talk to someone here? If not I understand. I've been annoying enough. But if for some reason, you do want to, PM me. I would rather talk to some of you guys than my parents/ a therapist.

But, anyway, thank all of you.

Mirath, you PM meant a lot to me. I wont post it here, in case you don't want anyone to read it, but thank you.

Thank you too, AGGuy for you apology above.

Your two's apologizes mean a lot to me.

But I think I'm doing better, as far as how I'm felling. I feel like maybe he doesn't hate me, which I guess is an improvement.

But I WILL try to talk with my friends today.

If any one cares and wants to know how I'm doing in the future, PM me (in the future), and I'll tell you how things are going.

Me and Ben thank all of you.

We love you guys.

:)

You don't go to a therapist knowing what exactly your problem is, what causes it and how to fight it.

It's the therapist's job to find all this out together with you.

And you're making excuses, just like I made them so long ago.

I too was severely anti-social, thought I knew best, didn't want anyone to help me or talk to me - same as you.

Thing is, for me this is all about ten years in the past, and I know I was wrong.

So let someone who's been through this in a very major sort of way tell you: The previous paragraph, no matter what part of that applies to you - if you think it's a valid reason not to get help, you're wrong. ^^

Greets,

AG

Thing is, for me this is all about ten years in the past, and I know I was wrong.

So let someone who's been through this in a very major sort of way tell you: The previous paragraph, no matter what part of that applies to you - if you think it's a valid reason not to get help, you're wrong. ^^

Greets,

AG

I second this. As a person who's been through what you've been through, I can easily tell you have way too front-loaded opinions about therapists/therapy and the alike. And can you please keep in mind that psychiatrists prescribe medication, and that not all therapists can? And that they only prescribe medication if you have chemical inbalance?

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Guest Anonymous

And can you please keep in mind that psychiatrists prescribe medication, and that not all therapists can? And that they only prescribe medication if you have chemical inbalance?

Yup. I started going to therapy at the age of eight, then was in a psychiatry at the age of eleven, stationary, for half a year, and later on, when I was about fifteen, that was when I had my literally-insane time and went to therapy again -

- and not ONCE in all these years did I get any sort of medication. ^^

Greets,

AG

Well, I never put a foot in a therapist's establishment. Ever. Never did that in my life, never had to deal with therapists or therapy.

It reinforced my mental endurance, but if I can give you some advice, you should go ahead and do it. Your mental health matters a lot.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Since it seems like this situation has been successfully defused, there is no need for any more commentary. However, there needs to be a general statement: A lot of people come here saying "Help! My tulpa is mad/sad/whatever because X. What do I do?" It would be a good idea to, I don't know, ask your tulpa? Even though it is a bit of a more nuanced scenario, that does not take away from the fact that at the end of the day, it is still a relationship. As such, what would be more relevant would be relationship advice, which would be beyond the scope of this forum. Or at least not necessarily in the Q&A section and something more for general discussion perhaps. Not a gripe at this thread in particular, it just seems to be a constantly reoccuring theme.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

God dang it. You guys just keep slamming me with this therapist crap. Well I have a question: who says my quote on quote "therapist" has to be, like a REAL professional therapist?

Whats the definition of therapy?

ther·a·py

THerəpē/

noun

noun: therapy; plural noun: therapies

treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder.

Doesn't say it HAS to be done by a professional or someone who gets paid for it. It doesn't even say a PERSON has to do it. What if my "treatment" is just friendship and friends and Ben? I know you guys are going to be like "You lazy, stupid, depressed A**hole. Just go to a F****** REAL therapist."

But... I just KNOW talking to some professional theorist is going to make stuff worse. I can tell.

Just listen.

I talked to my friends like I said I would.

You wont KNOW how amazing it was, how much support I got.

Screenshot_2016-01-22-19-16-56.thumb.png.761d5570f75dfd5db044d51b1a14c198.png

(Sorry for the messiness. Also, I blocked out stuff like names and places just to be safe.)

Also, one of the MAIN reason I started with Ben IS because of my depression and me being anti-social. Talking to him makes me feel SO much better. So PLEEEEAAAAASEEEEE stop slamming me with this therapist sh!t, because I ain't going to one. I understand you guys are trying to help, but that's not helping. If you ACTUALLY wanna help, just talk to me.

Thanks for ALL your support and suggestion. Me and Ben love the crap out of you guys (or I assume he does) ! I don't know how we could EVER repay you for all the crap I put you poor people though.

Anyway, this thread should stop here. No more therapists suggestion or anything. If you want to talk, PM me.

Thanks!

Host: Josh (AKA ThatOneWeirdGuy)

Tulpa: Benjamin (Humanoid Bunny) (In the making)

Ben's Journal/Progress Report

You can find free help lines on the Internet, there are plenty of suicide hotlines out there, too. There are blogs out there that are run by professionals who do what they're doing for free.

Try giving them a chance sometime.

Seems like you didn't actually read my post, so I'm just going to repeat this then quit. Good luck.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I don't much care for therapists. Like I said, clinical depression, not situational. Talking only does so much when it's your body that's the problem not your mind.

The goal was to get diagnosed and on some kind of anti-depressant, not to talk about stuff. The only talking you do is just answer questions so they can figure out what best to do for you.

I'm probably the most dramatic example of what "talking" can do for someone; Reisen changed my whole worldview, made me a humanitarian, made me love life, etc. But that didn't make my depression disappear. I still have issues with motivation, still can't make myself go to class sometimes (in my second year of college), etc. Talking doesn't help with that. Optimally an anti-depressant does.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.