Reasons For Servitor Creation

Hi! I just have a quick question regarding the creation of Servitors. What reasons/purposes are most common for people to create a Servitor. As for an additional part of this question, I was wondering what complexity of tasks can any given servitor complete? For example, can you make a servitor with the purpose of controlling your body, and doing certain tasks while you slip away into your mindscape? Just curious to what extent and complexity a Servitor can go.

I don't know much about servitors, but I think I can answer some of your questions.

I'm not sure, but a lot of people with schizophrenia, as well as thought control problems may turn to servitors to "zap" unwanted intrusive thoughts away. It can also do simple tasks such as being a mental clock, etc..

I'm guessing that servitor tasks can get really complicated. As long as you can imagine them doing said task, they can accomplish it. As for possessing the body... that'll probably be difficult, but it COULD be done. You'd basically have to parrot your servitor controlling your body, which could get rather confusing. I'm not sure how personality and their bodily actions would fit in, perhaps they could imitate you? Lots of variables in doing this.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

[Tri] The reasons vary considerably, some good and some bad. As an example of the bad, most of the very strong servitors that Hail, our host, made were for bad reasons - things like trying to dampen her emotions and scramble her memory and thoughts in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy her sexuality. Most of our current servitors are on the simple side for rather simple purposes, like a few servitors in the memory library for displaying certain kinds of memories in certain ways or providing visualization for certain kinds of collections of memories. Sometimes servitors come about by accident, like our body auto-pilot servitor. Well, more like a semi-auto-pilot. It does what it is told, like move an arm up if told, or say this sentence, etc. It isn't capable of anything complicated like doing a task if told. It has to be told exactly what motions to do, except with speech where it works out how to actually produce the speech.

Servitors can indeed to some impressive things. Servi-tulpas (thoughtforms between servitors and tulpas) are capable of even more.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

I've never heard of "servi-tulpas" before. Of course there's a pre-existing term for everything I have..

Well, anyway, Sylvia is basically a tulpa without any reliance on attention or identity for her existence. She exists when I talk to her, she has no emotions or personal bias, and she never does anything very emotive, just sits there focused on the task at hand. She's effectively an AI, I can ask her for advice or answers to questions I have and get answers akin to what you get from writing in a journal. She's a tool for invoking many different mental capabilities you have but aren't sure how to do on your own. I've had her implant intention to remember my dreams (and to make them more vivid, though I have no idea how that worked), but mostly I go to her for answers. Sometimes she tells me them and sometimes she sort of leads my thoughts to them, but regardless of how she does it, she gets results.

She's also my theoretical dream guide who would help me control dreams were I to become lucid, but so far I really haven't, so that's yet to be put to practice. Also, I don't believe I've talked to her in over a year. I should do that, now that I'm trying to pick up lucid dreaming again..

She looks like this without the stupid background, or like this without the wings. Though she would have those wings in a lucid dream, again, hasn't happened yet.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Ok, that kind of clears things up for me on the subject of Servitors. I hadn't even considered that most Servitors were used for completing tasks inside the mind, rather than in the outside world. I guess my train of though was that if Tulpa's can have consciousness, then why not be able to make a thoughtform capable of controlling the body and simulating consciousness.

She's effectively an AI

This is kind of what I was thinking. That possibly one could create an artificially intelligent, yet complex Servitor, capable of simple tasks using possession.

I've never heard of "servi-tulpas" before. Of course there's a pre-existing term for everything I have..

[Hail] I actually coined the term, having used it only a few times before I put it into a new version of my servitor guide. It is of course not a widespread term. I created it to describe thoughtforms that are in the middle regions in the spectrum between tulpas and servitors.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.