[Misc] Why doesn't everyone have a tulpa

That's a good question. Maybe it's because a lot of people are happy with the friends they have?

Of course, there are people without friends that don't have tulpas, and there are people with friends that do. But maybe. The more you like the friends you have, the less need there is to make your own? Actually that sounds pretty sad, people just don't have tulpas because they don't know that's a thing they can do.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Of the people I've told, responses have mostly been neutral ("interesting but couldn't see myself making one") to positive ("I had something like that back in high school"). I was surprised more didn't think it was crazy -- then again most of the people I've mentioned it to consider normal to be boring. Of course I still recommend distancing yourself from the topic when you first bring it up with someone (i.e. mention it as something odd you read about, rather than something you're doing). Then you can judge their reaction and choose whether to mention that you're doing it or to agree with them that people on the internet be crazy.

Mistgod still doesn't tell the whole truth about me to most people (outside his closest family and friends). A lot of people know of me as an imaginary art muse, like a character that he is very fond of and has been around a long time. He explains that he has imaginary conversations with me as part of the creative process. That is hardly telling the whole story.

I'm a writer too and I've been creating tulpas for years before I figured out what they were. I thought I had a mental illness. Then I thought I was speaking to supernatural entities. :P I think it's because in this society were sorta encouraged to be sociable and outgoing and material and imagination and introversion is frowned upon.

Guest Anonymous

I'm a writer too and I've been creating tulpas for years before I figured out what they were. I thought I had a mental illness. Then I thought I was speaking to supernatural entities. :P I think it's because in this society were sorta encouraged to be sociable and outgoing and material and imagination and introversion is frowned upon.

Totally. In past history, tulpas would have been something like spirit guides or daemons. They have been around for a long time I think. Today things are so scientifical and logical and all that peoples miss out on the fun and magic. :-)

Luckily my host is just weird.

Hey, cool. Another writer system.

Me and my headmates were also created accidentally from writing projects. We identify more as soulbonds than tulpae, but hey, headpeople are headpeople, right?

I'd say it's not that imagination is "frowned upon" (just look at all the cool fantasy, sci-fi, and superhero franchises that are big right now)... it's just it's not seen as a legitimate way to experience the world. "Reality" is seen as objective (which is pretty much bull, yeah?) So, we people who are pretty much powered by imagination aren't seen as, well, real.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Why didn't you have a tulpa before you had a tulpa?

There you go.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Imagine yer mom or dad with a tulpa. There you go!

(Unless yer mom and dad are more hip than most, that probably works out for me to say it that way).

My opinion on the subject is a combination of what both Chupi and Joss said.

Not only is the knowing practice of this phenomenon obscure, the things it is related to all have some sort of negative stigma to them, with the exception of Tibetan Buddhism itself. Having a voice in your head is viewed as innately pathological, even in some religious sects. The places where the recent interest in tulpa creation sprung up are viewed as negative areas even within their own sphere (4chan). As such, the people who were most drawn to the practice there are often assumed to be sad recluses who are unable to function, or obsessive fanboys that want their waifu (Human or otherwise). I believe there was a similar issue with the soulbonding community, where young people would "collect" their favourite characters as bonds and brag about how wacky they are.

The above is only a bit of the possible reasons, and this is from the perspective of someone who's familiar with it. From the bits of experience I've had with people who DON'T know the above, it either just sound nuts, irreligious, or outright dangerous.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Vriska: My host and me have been asking this question for some time, and I think we have found an answer. We think that it's because 2 reasons: 1) We're not that easy to create. We need time, patience, and to be understanded. Not everyone can gives us the attention and time we need. And not everyone understands our concept, and just call us "imaginary friends" when we actually are real people. And 2) not everyone is mind-opened. Most of the people close their minds to subjects like this, and call our hosts "insane", "immature" and "crazy" just for having tulpae. Not everyone is made to experience this world.