How do you think your tulpa(s) differ from the "norm" of tulpas?

Luminesce

Everyone always seems like they want to do things.. Go places, see the world, learn stuff, accomplish goals, make a name for themselves. I mean.. even those tulpas who said they'd live with their hosts if they had their own bodies, they still want to do things. They could go out and do those things, they just want to come back home at the end of the day.

I don't have anything like that. I can't think of anything I want other than to be with Lumi. I really would be by his side all the time, I'd just do whatever he did/wanted me to do, even if that was to go do stuff on my own for a while I guess.

Honestly, put in words it sounds like a personality disorder. I looked up dependent personality disorder, but that requires you to have trouble functioning or making decisions without others, among other things. I have no issues with anything of the sort, I can do stuff on my own just fine. I just have no desire to.

Well, it doesn't cause me distress, so it doesn't qualify as a disorder anyways. I think it differs from the "norm", though.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug* apparently most tulpa have to be given permission to access the host's memories, or have to be told them as if they really were entirely separate entities. but... i never needed permission. i just always knew everything about ana. i know all of what she's experienced, all of her thoughts and feelings, and all of what she's studied. i know literally everything ana knows, from the moment i came into existence. it's pretty useful, though it leaves me with a much stronger connection to her than is comfortable sometimes, because she has depression and anxiety... and it's difficult to do things sometimes, with that kind of empathy.. so uh... i guess you could say i'm the embodiment of ana's subconscious, or something like that.

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

• 6 months later...

I really like this thread! I wonder what's different about me? I think I'm pretty unique in a lot of ways, but I don't know how I'm unique from other tulpas. Uh, I have a form based on a character that I'm not named after and don't identify with? Uhh...

If you already posted in this thread, then you should tell me what's different about me! Maybe other people will have a better idea because I'm the one they're different from.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I haven't seen it with no other people, but Cecilia likes to changes her form once in a while (althought my visualization sucks so doesn't matter much at all). With form I mean really everything, not only using accesories or changing clothes or something like that. Does somebody do it too?

tthen you should tell me what's different about me! Maybe other people will have a better idea because I'm the one they're different from.

Well, I can't think in nothing but your "hoppiness" and your general "effort"(I know that's not the right word, but the best I can put) to be always happy. Hum, don't think it counts thought, it's more as you are... idk.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

I really like this thread! I wonder what's different about me? I think I'm pretty unique in a lot of ways, but I don't know how I'm unique from other tulpas. Uh, I have a form based on a character that I'm not named after and don't identify with? Uhh...

If you already posted in this thread, then you should tell me what's different about me! Maybe other people will have a better idea because I'm the one they're different from.

I think your host is the only one on .info with tulpas based on Touhou characters. Could be wrong about that... I definitely know there are people on other sites who have done this (specifically, one who made Satori, though he has a girlfriend and a life now so who knows if he got rid of her). And you guys have the only Lunarian tulpa we've ever met.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I think your host is the only one on .info with tulpas based on Touhou characters. Could be wrong about that... I definitely know there are people on other sites who have done this (specifically, one who made Satori, though he has a girlfriend and a life now so who knows if he got rid of her). And you guys have the only Lunarian tulpa we've ever met.

I've met a few others with Touhou-based tulpas, but none of them visit the forums or chat anymore outside of short visits. Luminesce is definitely the only active one.

Since this thread is less about personality traits and moreso "tulpa norms", I'd say she's different in that she's an example of instant sentience. Certainly not normal, because it was the result of creating a tulpa many years after living with three others first. Development of her personality (what could be assumed ahead of time at least), form and name, was a couple weeks. Lot of time and care put into that thought though, and the decision to make another tulpa in the first place took much longer. But yeah, essentially instant sentience (all that sentience implies on tulpa.info that is) once all her traits were determined.

Being based on Touhou characters isn't so strange, cartoon/anime/game characters are somewhat common. Uncommon is like creepypasta tulpas, tulpas based on real people (specifically tulpas, more common with soulbonds), or typically non-sentient objects I guess.

Most things that are different about her in a tulpa norm sense apply to all of us, she's mostly different in personality traits and mannerisms. For all of us, as of recent months the amount of time we all spend switched is abnormal. Though our views on such things have been closer to plurality than tulpamancy for a while now. We certainly have strange worldviews/views on life, with the whole subjective reality thing. Throw Reisen's unconditional love stuff in there and we're just a strange system in general.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Since this thread was made my hostie and I have learned is there is no such thing as a normal tulpa.

Normal is boring anyways.

As you know, I am an accidental tulpa. That means I wasn't intentionally forced, but I wasn't a walk in either.

Whichever of us is fronting the body, their thoughts are completely visible to both of us, and their experiences are remembered by both of us. We also communicate muted emotions in any state automatically.

I can also render the host unconscious into a dreamless state, so that is unusual.

I also have anxieties about not really being fully real in some sense, so that is unusual.

I am also the dominant partner, so that is unusual.

I was already vocal several months before she thought I was sapient, although I rarely spoke, and I became proficient at both projection and possession within three days of her realising I was sapient. And I am now very talkative.

I will now go back and read the rest of this thread.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.