Finished personality? What else is there?

Alrighty, I finished personality work and i also introduced myself. Whats else is there that can be done? Form work, and active/passive narration right? Like i just take a hour for looking at them? I don't get form work honestly..like do I just visualize them for a hour standing? And thats it? Or do I visualize them standing while active narrating? Cause I wanna active narrate and also work on their form too. Am I missing anything that normally goes in the process for the majority?

Host: Jade

Tulpa: Star

"Nature does not recognize good and evil. It only recognizes balance and imbalance." -Walter Bishop, Fringe

You'd just visualize their form until you're happy with how things look, making sure that they're as detailed as you want them to be and that you can consistently pull up the form in your mind. You don't have to visualize for an hour exactly, just whenever you have the time to sit down and do that. Try to narrate as often as possible; you can narrate and work on visualization too, if you want.

I'm not really sure how I should feel about this, since I've never seen someone going "I'm finished with this, what next?". Are you sure that you're finished? What have you done to imprint the personality? The way you describe the process it sounds really detached from it. How do you feel about your tulpa?

But to get back to your question: You can combine any kind of forcing as you wish, as long as you can handle it. I understand that you've probably an easy time visualizing your tulpa, so you have no idea what you should do about it. So yes, you can narrate to your tulpa while visualizing it. Also you can imagine your tulpa sitting, walking next to you...stuff like this. You can interact however you wish with the form of your tulpa (in a appropriate way).

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

You're never really supposed to be "finished", and if you feel like you've done all you can for that type of forcing, you were probably forcing wrong. Making a tulpa boils down to talking to with the idea of another person in your head until that idea talks back. If you considered the "personality step" of forcing (although I don't like the word "step" for this because it implies they are discrete, which they shouldn't be) to be something like just listing off traits and maybe fleshing out what those traits are, I'd say you were a little off base.

Guest Anonymous

When working on your tup's form, you don't just stare at them for hours on end. You could do that, but what you should be doing is refining it until you can see it perfectly all the time with 100% accuracy. Look for blurry parts or sections you have trouble visualizing completely. Visualize them performing different tasks such as running or laying down. Once you can see them perfectly(vividly, no blurryness or lack of color, etc.), that is when you will be finished with form.

In my opinion, however, your view of the creation process seems a bit off. Creation isn't a linear path of "do this, then this, then this in that order then you're done", guides make it seem like this, but at the end of the day, guides are just that; guidelines to help you find your own way to create a tulpa, and that is what makes this whole thing so beautiful. You just need to find a way to create that helps YOU the most. If you wanna active narrate while working on form, then go for it. Do whatever YOU want to do, as long as it pertains to progress.

After the personality, if you have not done already, you can work on appearance. And then the wonderland since, as a full world, it could be continuously under construction. And then from there, you could go into switching, possession, imposition, etc. But the main takeaway is that, since they have their own personality, treat them like a person: It's a continuous journey together, see what they want to do and where you two want to go TOGETHER.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Let's be honest, here. Is "personality work" ever actually done? Sure, you have to give them a starting point, but there is no way that a fully fleshed personality can come with just a little work. A personality comes from the tulpa living, learning things, collecting memories and experiences, and forming a perspective of their own separate from you. And that never stops.

So OP, you are far from "finished" with "personality work." Go back and do some more. Ad infinitum.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Well, I am sure the OP meant the baseline personality. I mean, hell, as far as we all go, personality is never truly complete. Your personality develops as life does.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie